Originally Posted by TrentBarretaFan
WM27 was terrible.
And what does WM25 on that list?
Most of the matches failed to deliver, like Orton vs. HHH. Edge's clusterfuck WWE and WHC title simultaneous booking before and after Mania sucked too.
Very far from being the worst, but sort of disappointing.
Really? Time management aside I thought it was one of the better Manias. If you take Bret/Vince out of the equation (it's hard I know), then it's a very enjoyable PPV. OK there's only one classic on the card, but you've got the Legacy triple threat, Punk/Rey, Trips/Sheamus and the two world title matches were all at the very least solid.
I guess WM26 is similar to WM25 where the event felt average to good, nothing really epic.
Also, here are my top 5 OVERRATED
- Many hail this as the greatest event in pro wrestling history which is an overstatement.
- Apart from Hogan vs. Warrior which I think is the best 'showmanship' match in wrestling history (yes, even more entertaining than Taker/HBK), the timing for the other 13 matches were terrible. That's right, this WM has 14 matches crammed into less than 3 hours.
- A lot of people praise this Mania for having it all and creating an almost perfect execution for each match. A lot of stuff were very predictable though: Flair losing, Taker winning, and Mayweather winning.
- Apart from 2 legendary matches, the undercard sucked big time. (I still believe Lex Luger deserved a short WWF Title reign btw.)
- This Mania was oozing with starpower indeed. Some people just think it's better than X-7 which is not true.