Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread - Page 88 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #871 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
DetroitRiverPhx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunmer View Post
C is Sandow

A might be Swagger

Don't know about B.
Ahh - I couldn't get Mike Knox out of my head for C. A makes sense if that's Zeb sitting beside him. Back of chair/suit jacket make it look like had long hair to me. B could be a family member I guess.
DetroitRiverPhx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #872 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 4,828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

my HOF night got better this morning when I found out I won a contest at Live Audio Wrestling.

You had to guess how long Bruno's speech was going to last. I went with 22 minute, 47 seconds. I'm thinking most people probably went in the 45 minute range.
RKing85 is offline  
post #873 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:03 PM
.........
 
MoveMent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Not trying to defend a NYC crowd but after reading the results this just proves how out of touch WWE really is.

-Trump was booed at WM 20 so no surprise there.
-Why was Maria there in the first place? What does she have to do with Mr. Bob Backlund? How are we supposed to know beforehand she's a friend of the Backlund family? She's an outsider.
-People are sick and tired of Cena's boy scout, fruity pebble self being shoved down everybody's throats. The MAW vid wasn't booed itself; it was Cena who got the heat.

So stop with this "classless" BS. The fans have spoken and they are tired of WWE's vanilla out-of-touch "mainstream" mindset.
-I agree.
-Just read some the earlier replies for why Maria was there but of course her mainstream attention was a factor.
-The video was about the children and John Cena's considerable effort to help them had nothing to do with the man in the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman_15/Brandon
A retraction and restatement time, really. To tell everyone the truth for me; I've been a bad way for a good few months now, mentally, extremely.
MoveMent is offline  
post #874 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Marv95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Near KOP, PA
Posts: 3,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveMent View Post
-The video was about the children and John Cena's considerable effort to help them had nothing to do with the man in the ring.
But who was the guy featured on it? If he wasn't on the vid and they were still booing I could understand the complaining about "classless" smarks and whatnot. Why was that even shown in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazegod99 View Post
You fucking politically correct morons are quick to defend WWE for every pussy ass decision they make, but complain about the show lacking attitude and intensity... SMH.
Right on!
Follow if you dare: https://twitter.com/LoneAdvMGL
Marv95 is offline  
post #875 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:13 PM
checking the male
 
samizayn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: B+
Posts: 10,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Not trying to defend a NYC crowd but after reading the results this just proves how out of touch WWE really is.

-Trump was booed at WM 20 so no surprise there.
-Why was Maria there in the first place? What does she have to do with Mr. Bob Backlund? How are we supposed to know beforehand she's a friend of the Backlund family? She's an outsider.
-People are sick and tired of Cena's boy scout, fruity pebble self being shoved down everybody's throats. The MAW vid wasn't booed itself; it was Cena who got the heat.

So stop with this "classless" BS. The fans have spoken and they are tired of WWE's vanilla out-of-touch "mainstream" mindset.
Dude. Read around. It's only been repeated twenty or so times that Maria is a huge friend and fan of Bob Backlund, she's not an outsider. And not knowing who she was before hand absolutely does not make it okay booing her off the stage.

It's absolutely 100,000% classless and don't try to pretend that it isn't. Boo at whatever else WWE event you want, that is the one show of the year that is not about you (collective you) at all.


samizayn is offline  
post #876 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman's Hand View Post
I can see why the fans booed Trump, because there are a million other people thats hould've gone in instead of Donald, but booing Maria was real out of line.

Also itssoeasy, the reason why people boo Cena is not because the charity work, that's one of the reasons why I respect John, but people boo Cena because his character is boring, stale, and predictable, and WWE probably do keep airing all these Make A Wish videos just to make the crowds pro-Cena, because if not, they would've been doing this for years.
I have to disagree a bit here. They are not trying to get people to cheer him. It is about the kids. If they are trying to get him over as a face, they would not have him facing a over as hell babyface at maina.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.
itssoeasy23 is offline  
post #877 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
 
admiremyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Maybe its just me, but when WWE announced that Maria M was going to induct Bob Backlund I thought it was strange so I did a quick search to see if there was a connection between the two. Surely that was the logical thing to do.

But yeah, making quick assumptions and booing someone is the easiest and best thing to do. So much for "SMART marks"

EDIT - Took me 30 seconds to go to Google and search, "How does Maria Menounos know Bob Backlund?" First link I got was this:

Credit - wrestlingnewssource.com

Quote:
Maria Menounos posted the following on her Facebook:
"I know some of you don't understand why I'm inducting Bob Backlund into the WWE Hall of Fame. Here's a quick history... I met Bob when I was 19-he starred in my movie, he supported me when I competed at Miss Mass USA pageant and I helped him run for congress. He's a dear friend of 14 years and I'm honored to be a part of this historic moment in his career and with the WWE."

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_large/public/ep/image/2013/01/20130127_LIGHT_RR_rock_L.jpg
admiremyclone is offline  
post #878 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveMent View Post
-I agree.
-Just read some the earlier replies for why Maria was there but of course her mainstream attention was a factor.
-The video was about the children and John Cena's considerable effort to help them had nothing to do with the man in the ring.
How much mainstream attention does she have? She is not an A list celeb. We should be proud of the fact we got a celeb to be postive about wrestling. She shows up at maina 2 years in a row. How many celebs do that? Guys the cena vid being booed is silly cause of the fact the vid is about the kids, not cena. So every vid online with wrestlers helping kids is just wwe trying to get them over? Its not always about cena.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.
itssoeasy23 is offline  
post #879 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM
.........
 
MoveMent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
But who was the guy featured on it? If he wasn't on the vid and they were still booing I could understand the complaining about "classless" smarks and whatnot. Why was that even shown in the first place?
Because it's a great contribution to society one that Cena personally takes pride in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman_15/Brandon
A retraction and restatement time, really. To tell everyone the truth for me; I've been a bad way for a good few months now, mentally, extremely.
MoveMent is offline  
post #880 of 947 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Working on my abs
 
Crowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitRiverPhx View Post
The mistake was having it at MSG. In the past the HOF was in smaller venues where there could be more crowd control, but Vince (or HHH) wanted it at MSG so it could be said Bruno sold it out one last time. But in order to sell it out, you needed to let the riff raff in.

Maria M was booed because she has zero connection to Backlund and thus was there because Vince has a hard-on for mainstream folks. Put any old timer or current wrestler in her spot saying the exact same thing and they would have been cheered.

Trump was booed because he's a birther nut in deep blue NYC.

All the other wwe talent - past and present, were treated very well (save the Cena vid).
She's a PERSONAL family friend. This is why smarks like us can ruin nice things. You don't always know EVERYTHING about the product or the wrestlers. Booing someone because of a preconceived notion to the point of making them cry, ignoring their personal connection to the wrestler is stupid.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matgghWbRq1rghd8ro1_500.jpg
Crowking is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome