Official Royal Rumble Match Discussion Thread - Page 15 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Dest Fade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

The last 10 minutes of Raw totally changed my perception of the royal rumble this year. I figured it to be a rumble filled with talent and a lot of returning superstars. As soon as superstars began entering into the ring, everything changed. I'm not quite sure how many superstars were in the ring, but all I saw was a ring filled with jobbers. Coming into this raw I figured that there would be plenty of returns, and a very star studded rumble. Now, I don't know what to believe. I am going to buy the PPV anyway, but I will truly be disappointed if the WWE has a rumble with 10 stars and 20 jobbers...

I'm not sure if I was the only one who felt this way.
Dest Fade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
Stone Hot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 8,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
               
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dest Fade View Post
The last 10 minutes of Raw totally changed my perception of the royal rumble this year. I figured it to be a rumble filled with talent and a lot of returning superstars. As soon as superstars began entering into the ring, everything changed. I'm not quite sure how many superstars were in the ring, but all I saw was a ring filled with jobbers. Coming into this raw I figured that there would be plenty of returns, and a very star studded rumble. Now, I don't know what to believe. I am going to buy the PPV anyway, but I will truly be disappointed if the WWE has a rumble with 10 stars and 20 jobbers...

I'm not sure if I was the only one who felt this way.
I really hope theres room for surprise entries cuz by the looks of what happened at the end of raw with all those jobbers in the ring it looks like they will have no room for surprises. Hopefully they were just doing that just to gives a preview of what the rumble is and doesn't mean all those jobbers will be in the rumble.

Proud mark and supporter of Triple H. All of his wins are well deserved and he has earned his spot. Theres nothing you guys can do about it. Haters can suck it.

My 10 Favorite Wrestlers of all Time
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Chris Jericho
4. Triple H
5. Edge
6. Undertaker
7. The Rock
8. Bret Hart
9. Kurt Angle
10. Mick Foley
Stone Hot is offline  
post #143 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
LucasTheMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

They always have last minute changes for the Royal Rumble match, meaning that probably 10-20 % of those talents you saw in the ring will not actually be in the Rumble match due to last minute plans.
LucasTheMenace is offline  
post #144 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

It happens EVERY year in regards to the ring being filled with superstars as a build to the Rumble.

In fact the past two Rumbles have been absolute shit when it has come to talent in the Rumble, jobbers left right and centre. Who could forget the disappointment on everyones faces when it turned out to be The Big Show coming out at number 30 last year. Hilarious stuff.

This year, we'll get a few stars like Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Orton etc. but we'll also get 3 members of the 3MB, we'll get Khali, most likely someone like Hornswoggle too etc. with 2 or 3 returning stars, although 1 of them is most likely to be JBL.
Cookie Monster is offline  
post #145 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
LucasTheMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
It happens EVERY year in regards to the ring being filled with superstars as a build to the Rumble.

In fact the past two Rumbles have been absolute shit when it has come to talent in the Rumble, jobbers left right and centre. Who could forget the disappointment on everyones faces when it turned out to be The Big Show coming out at number 30 last year. Hilarious stuff.

This year, we'll get a few stars like Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Orton etc. but we'll also get 3 members of the 3MB, we'll get Khali, most likely someone like Hornswoggle too etc. with 2 or 3 returning stars, although 1 of them is most likely to be JBL.
Yeah last year's lacked insane star power, lol. But the 2011 Rumble wasn't as bad as you think, we had some pretty big names involved in that one and no one saw the ending coming at all....with Santino, that was priceless stuff.
LucasTheMenace is offline  
post #146 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
July 7, 2001
 
Créole Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

Other than Cena,Orton,Ryback,Sheamus,Bryan,Kane,Barrett,Ziggler,Cesaro,Miz, the Rumble will be filled with jobbers that no one cares about. I now doubt that either member of the Shield will participate in the match. I see them most likely being key in someone's elimination. Probably Ryback. As for surprise entrants, don't get your hopes up.



Créole Heat is offline  
post #147 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
doinktheclowns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

You missed the year Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble then?




- Machoman Randy Savage - Bret Hart -Stone Cold Steve Austin -The Undertaker - Shawn Michaels - Chris Jericho - CM Punk - Bret Hart - Jimmy Snuka - Ricky Steamboat - Rowdy Riper - Scott Hall - Edge - Christian - Kurt Angle - Brock Lesnar - Bam Bam Bigelow - Yokozuna - William Regal -

- Paul Heyman - Paul Bearer - Jim Cornette - Vince McMahon - Jim Ross -
doinktheclowns is offline  
post #148 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Working on my abs
 
bkfestivus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
             
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

I doubt it'll be as disappointing as last year's RR in terms of star power. Yes, I am quite skeptical, though.
bkfestivus is offline  
post #149 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paper Street
Posts: 7,319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

Cenas going to win
Rocks going to win


Credit: GOATviaDQ
Ray is offline  
post #150 of 381 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Jeff Hardy Hater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Aces and Eights Clubhouse
Posts: 2,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Raw left me skeptic about the Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Akasha View Post
Other than Cena,Orton,Ryback,Sheamus,Bryan,Kane,Barrett,Ziggler,Cesaro,Miz, the Rumble will be filled with jobbers that no one cares about. I now doubt that either member of the Shield will participate in the match. I see them most likely being key in someone's elimination. Probably Ryback. As for surprise entrants, don't get your hopes up.
You missed some people that no one cares about.

I am strongly expecting Cena/Ryback for Rumble though.

th sad truith that al of u cant ceem to grrasp is dat wrestlig is getig les poplar each day and no bodde caires abot it

vinse is senile at this poiint and th growth of tna has pleateuaed nd roh has nevr bin mor than his a crapy cult
Jeff Hardy Hater is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome