WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions - Page 41 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Wrestlemania Predictions?
The Rock 4 10.26%
John Cena 34 87.18%
HHH 23 58.97%
Brock Lesnar 13 33.33%
The Undertaker 34 87.18%
CM Punk 4 10.26%
Jack Swagger 9 23.08%
Alberto Del Rio 26 66.67%
The Shield 31 79.49%
Big Show/Orton/Sheamus 4 10.26%
Dolph Ziggler/Big E Langston 16 41.03%
Team Hell No 18 46.15%
Jericho 11 28.21%
Fandango 24 61.54%
Tons of Funk 27 69.23%
Team Rhodes Scholars 8 20.51%
Henry 4 10.26%
Ryback 31 79.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #401 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
VintageOrton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England
Posts: 788
Points: 0
         
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

I would really love to see Punk vs Taker with the title on the line, would be a very unpredictable match with either Taker winning the championship or Punk ending the streak. Also Rock vs Lesnar, in my opinion would bring in more $ than Rock vs Cena II. But of course we are going to have HHH vs Lesnar II and Rock vs Cena II.
VintageOrton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #402 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
BillyKidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 456
Points: 141
       
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

WWE Championship: Streak vs. Streak
Taker vs. Punk(c)
--> Taker wins (my explanation and story is a few pages back)

'Twice' in a Lifetime
Cena vs. Rock II
--> Cena wins

Grudge match I
Brock Lesnar vs. HBK
--> Lesnar wins

Battle of the Behemoths
Big Show vs. Ryback
--> Ryback wins

World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat
Dolph Ziggler(c) vs. Del Rio vs. Orton(heel)
--> Ziggler wins

Grudge match II
Sheamus (face) vs. HHH (heel)
--> Sheamus wins

IC & US Championship Fatal Fourway: First pinfall/submission IC title, second pinfall/submission US title
Antonio Cesaro(c) vs. Barrett(c) vs. Swagger vs. Christian
--> Swagger(US) and Barrett(IC) win

Tag Team Championships
Team Hell No(c) vs. The Shield (Reigns and Rollins)
--> The Shield wins by interference Ambrose



Okay.
Taker vs. Punk: I've explained already a few pages back.
Rock vs. Cena II: Cena needs a win over Rock back, possibly (hopefully) heel turn on the Rock.
Lesnar vs. HBK: HBK wants revenge for the attack (could't really come up with a better match if Taker and Rock already have one). If Lesnar stays with WWE after WM29, than Lesnar should win. Otherwise HBK could win as well.
Big Show vs. Ryback: Rybakc's WM-moment when he delivers Shellshock to the Big Show (fast match, no need for that trainwreck to take up to much time)
Ziggler vs. Del Rio vs. Orton: Orton needs to be on the card, but doesn't really have an opponent. Could be an awesome match. Ziggler needs to win to solidfy himself as a real main-eventer. With Ziggler's slow face turn, we need a big heel to even things out, that's where Orton comes in.
Sheamus vs. HHH: An other attempt to make Sheamus a bigger face. If Cena turns, this could be the win he needs to be the no.1 face. They had beef before, they're friends irl so HHH won't mind to job.
IC & US: Too little time for separate matches, plus I kinda like this sort of matches. Swagger returns to become the first American to beat Cesaro (Cesaro can slowly be put in the main event scene after their feud). Christian returns to put over Barrett.
Team Hell No vs. The Shield: The perfect ending for this feud. Reigns and Rollins (and not Ambrose) because Ambrose should be aiming higher. He's the leader, so he doesn't need the title. Also with Reigns, they have a big man in their tag team, I think they really need that. After this Team Hell No can split up. Bryan can feud with Barrett for the IC, Kane can go put over Ambrose or something.

BĀLOR


The demon king has risen

Last edited by BillyKidman; 01-20-2013 at 02:16 PM.
BillyKidman is offline  
post #403 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,096
Points: 0
     
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

I reckon it will be...

Punk v Rock (c) v Cena =winner Cena

HHH v Lesnar = HHH wins

Taker v Sting= Winner Taker

Team Hell No v Rey Myserio and Sin Cara v Road Scholars
hardysno1fan is offline  
post #404 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Actor in the making
 
TheatricalEssence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 6,320
Points: 120
                     
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

I can see Ziggler cashing in on Del Rio after he successfully retains at EC. Thus setting up match between the two at Wrestlemania for the championship.

TheatricalEssence is offline  
post #405 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
LineInTheSand777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Points: 0
 
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Brock Lesnar re-signs with the WWE prior to Wrestlemania and adds a few more dates to this contract, giving him a reign as WWE Champion. Punk can stomach losing the WWE championship if he can do what nobody else has ever done before - something even more impressive then his 400+ day title run - beating taker at mania. HBK comes back and is upset that Triple H caused him to break his arm. We get a heelish HBK like his feud with Hogan in '05. Team Hell No Breaks up and Bryan starts to get a real main event push after he gets his head shaved. Orton wins the Rumble, finally turns heel and takes the championship off Del Rio. Ziggler and Cena have a street fight stipulation to give it more of a "main event" feel to it (WWE can't have Cena on low card match right). Other matches thrown together to get guys on the card. And probably add random diva's match nobody cares about.


WWE Championship:
Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock (c)

Streak vs. Best in the World
C.M. Punk vs. The Undertaker

One More Time:
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Hair vs. Mask
Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

World Heavyweight Championship:
Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio (c)

Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object
Big Show vs. Ryback

Street Fight:
John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler

Shield vs. Sheamus
The Shield & Antonio Cesaro vs. Sheamus, Mark Henry, The Miz Ric Flair

Return of the Money in the Bank:
Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio Jr., Cody Rhodes, Zach Ryder, Christian, Kofi Kingston, Zach Gabriel & Sin Cara

https://www.facebook.com/eric.townsend.56?fref=ts
LineInTheSand777 is offline  
post #406 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Rockstar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
Points: 0
 
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Everybody's WM Dream card :

The Rock vs Steve Austin IV

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels

Brock Lesnar vs CM PUNK - WWE Championship

Undertaker vs John Cena

Edge vs Chris Jericho or Christian - World Heavyweight Championship (unfortunately this won't happen again due to Edge's injury, but still, it's a dream for me to have him back. I miss him alot) otherwise:

Some dude vs Some dude - World Heavyweight Championship

Rockstar1 is offline  
post #407 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
RAWImpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 238
Points: 0
   
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris22 View Post
I'd like the IC, US & Divas Championships to actually be defended this year at WM29!
I concur with this. As sad as it is, the Intercontinental Championship hasn't been defended at a WrestleMania since XXV in 2009, and that match was less than a minute. Before that, the last time it was defended at a WrestleMania was X-8 in 2002! As for the United States Championship, that hasn't been defended at a WrestleMania since 23 in 2007. And, since its inception in summer 2008, the Divas championship has yet to be defended at a WrestleMania.

If I could book it, I'd have Wade Barrett defending the Intercontinental Championship against Christian, Antonio Cesaro defending the United States Championship against a returning face All-American American Jack Swagger and Kaitlyn defending the Divas championship against AJ. And I would have all three of them retain their titles.

The sad reality, however, is that Barrett and Cesaro may not even make the show. And if Kaitlyn does, it'll be as part of some match that involves a Diva celebrity in some way, with no mention of the Divas Championship. It's sad, but I remember when all of the titles used to be up for grabs at WrestleMania. That should be a must at a WrestleMania, in my opinion.

Last edited by RAWImpact; 01-21-2013 at 04:29 AM.
RAWImpact is offline  
post #408 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 AM
Searching for a new identity
 
peowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,929
Points: 369
                     
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWImpact View Post
I concur with this. As sad as it is, the Intercontinental Championship hasn't been defended at a WrestleMania since XXV in 2009, and that match was less than a minute. Before that, the last time it was defended at a WrestleMania was X-8 in 2002! As for the United States Championship, that hasn't been defended at a WrestleMania since 23 in 2007. And, since its inception in summer 2008, the Divas championship has yet to be defended at a WrestleMania.

If I could book it, I'd have Wade Barrett defending the Intercontinental Championship against Christian, Antonio Cesaro defending the United States Championship against a returning face All-American American Jack Swagger and Kaitlyn defending the Divas championship against AJ. And I would have all three of them retain their titles.

The sad reality, however, is that Barrett and Cesaro may not even make the show. And if Kaitlyn does, it'll be as part of some match that involves a Diva celebrity in some way, with no mention of the Divas Championship. It's sad, but I remember when all of the titles used to be up for grabs at WrestleMania. That should be a must at a WrestleMania, in my opinion.
It was defended last year my friend. Cody Rhodes vs Big Show. Forgettable 5 minute match, yes, but it was there.
peowulf is offline  
post #409 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 159
Points: 0
 
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineInTheSand777 View Post
Brock Lesnar re-signs with the WWE prior to Wrestlemania and adds a few more dates to this contract, giving him a reign as WWE Champion. Punk can stomach losing the WWE championship if he can do what nobody else has ever done before - something even more impressive then his 400+ day title run - beating taker at mania. HBK comes back and is upset that Triple H caused him to break his arm. We get a heelish HBK like his feud with Hogan in '05. Team Hell No Breaks up and Bryan starts to get a real main event push after he gets his head shaved. Orton wins the Rumble, finally turns heel and takes the championship off Del Rio. Ziggler and Cena have a street fight stipulation to give it more of a "main event" feel to it (WWE can't have Cena on low card match right). Other matches thrown together to get guys on the card. And probably add random diva's match nobody cares about.


WWE Championship:
Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock (c)

Streak vs. Best in the World
C.M. Punk vs. The Undertaker

One More Time:
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Hair vs. Mask
Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

World Heavyweight Championship:
Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio (c)

Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object
Big Show vs. Ryback

Street Fight:
John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler

Shield vs. Sheamus
The Shield & Antonio Cesaro vs. Sheamus, Mark Henry, The Miz Ric Flair

Return of the Money in the Bank:
Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio Jr., Cody Rhodes, Zach Ryder, Christian, Kofi Kingston, Zach Gabriel & Sin Cara
except for caesaro and ziggler matches i love this card, or ziggler cashing in, rock match, punk match, triple h match vs hbk would be awesome, maybe that can be a direction because shawn was telling trips to go away, or brock vs hbk and brock wins who knows..
Brocklesnar2012 is offline  
post #410 of 887 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
RAWImpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 238
Points: 0
   
Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by peowulf View Post
It was defended last year my friend. Cody Rhodes vs Big Show. Forgettable 5 minute match, yes, but it was there.
Ah, yes, I did forget about that one. No wonder. My bad.

Still, the IC title is not a mainstay at WrestleMania like it used to be.
RAWImpact is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome