How likely is 'Taker and Triple H vs. Lesnar and Punk @ WM29?
With the new opponents and scenerios the dirtsheets keep giving for the star filled Wrestlemania lineup, I thought about this match.
1) They have to get approximately 20 guys into 8 matches.
2) 'Taker wants a minimum 4 star match. But on Raw 1000 he looked quite frail, by using pro's such as 'Haitch, Punk and Lesnar, it becomes a certainty.
3) It's difficult to believe (even in kayfabe) any man can beat him. But two men. Throw in Triple H and his heelish history and you have so many fresh elements, twists and turns.
4) Onscreen, Lesnar vs. 'Taker might seem pretty random on the RTWM. Whereas Punk, coming off a year long reign, ending Ryback's streak etc challenging 'The Streak' seems more coherent. However, CM Punk doesn't exactly look like a big threat.
5) The stories of all - including Heyman who managed 'Taker - are entwined.
6) It shoehorns Triple H's ego into another show stealer and allows CM Punk into a major match. Also, because only one guys takes the fall it sets up future PPV singles matches.