Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Drew Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

... They totally botched it, though. (And to the MODs, I didn't know where to put this, so feel free to move it wherever, if it needs to be.)

Upon AJ's resignation, I would have had Heyman/Punk come out, and have Heyman just simply declare himself the new GM of RAW, propelling Vince to take exception. Vince originally says no, but Paul keeps pushing it, leading to a Team Heyman vs Team Vince or Team Foley. (Probably Team Foley, because Vince would never allow "Team Vince" to lose to Team Heyman.) The stipulations being that if Team Heyman won, he would be the GM of RAW, if he lost, he would be fired and Foley would get to be the guest referee in the Punk/Ryback/Cena match.

During this time, I would have Ziggler keep jobbing, to the point where he has a breakdown and unloads on Vickie, telling her that she never got him anywhere, and is holding him back. This hints at a potential face turn. You could even have Dolph cost CM Punk a match on RAW, and threaten him that Ryback/Cena might not be his only problem at Survivor Series. Ziggler eventually gets selected to be a part of Team Foley.

In the Team Heyman vs Team Vince/Foley match, Heymans team gets down to their last guy, while Ziggler and one other guy are still in the match for Team Vince/Foley. Obviously, Ziggler swerves, and hits the Zig Zag on his own partner, aligning himself with Heyman/Punk. Heyman becomes GM.

Lesnar interferes in the main event, and the night belongs to Heyman/Punk/Lesnar/Ziggler. I could keep going, but eventually I would have Ziggler cash in at WrestleMania, either on Punk or Lesnar. (Lesnar would beat Sheamus to win the Title because of Ziggler interfering, only to cash in on Lesnar and turn face.)
Drew Doughty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Crowdplzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Doughty View Post
... They totally botched it, though. (And to the MODs, I didn't know where to put this, so feel free to move it wherever, if it needs to be.)

Upon AJ's resignation, I would have had Heyman/Punk come out, and have Heyman just simply declare himself the new GM of RAW, propelling Vince to take exception. Vince originally says no, but Paul keeps pushing it, leading to a Team Heyman vs Team Vince or Team Foley. (Probably Team Foley, because Vince would never allow "Team Vince" to lose to Team Heyman.) The stipulations being that if Team Heyman won, he would be the GM of RAW, if he lost, he would be fired and Foley would get to be the guest referee in the Punk/Ryback/Cena match.

During this time, I would have Ziggler keep jobbing, to the point where he has a breakdown and unloads on Vickie, telling her that she never got him anywhere, and is holding him back. This hints at a potential face turn. You could even have Dolph cost CM Punk a match on RAW, and threaten him that Ryback/Cena might not be his only problem at Survivor Series. Ziggler eventually gets selected to be a part of Team Foley.

In the Team Heyman vs Team Vince/Foley match, Heymans team gets down to their last guy, while Ziggler and one other guy are still in the match for Team Vince/Foley. Obviously, Ziggler swerves, and hits the Zig Zag on his own partner, aligning himself with Heyman/Punk. Heyman becomes GM.

Lesnar interferes in the main event, and the night belongs to Heyman/Punk/Lesnar/Ziggler. I could keep going, but eventually I would have Ziggler cash in at WrestleMania, either on Punk or Lesnar. (Lesnar would beat Sheamus to win the Title because of Ziggler interfering, only to cash in on Lesnar and turn face.)
Ziggler isn't worthy of being in the ring at the same time as Lesnar.
Crowdplzr is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Joshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lucky Channel
Posts: 2,464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdplzr View Post
Ziggler isn't worthy of being in the ring at the same time as Lesnar.
Not a big problem since Lesnar rarely enters the ring..

Joshi is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Stk.. Narkb
 
haribo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas, BO
Posts: 7,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

I do yearn for days when there's something at stake in these elimination tag matches. WWE/Alliance 01, Austin/Bischoff 03, Orton/HHH 04, Raw/Smackdown 05. Now we've got..this?

I also long for the super teams with 5 bonafide stars but that'd just kill the rest of the entire card with the roster they have now.
haribo is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Ph3n0m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Paisley, Scotland.
Posts: 4,807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

It hasn't been a "bad" PPV yet. Why not stop overthinking and just relax and maybe you'll enjoy a show once in a while instead of sitting and playing the "if I was booking" card constantly.
Ph3n0m is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Santina's Lover
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lancaster, England
Posts: 4,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

Are you from the future?






Seeing as I've had a lot of PM's about the sig it's from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Point_%28film%29

Ryan is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Drew Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph3n0m View Post
It hasn't been a "bad" PPV yet. Why not stop overthinking and just relax and maybe you'll enjoy a show once in a while instead of sitting and playing the "if I was booking" card constantly.
... Yeah, because the PPVs in 2012 have been so AMAZING, that one would have to think Survivor Series will follow suit. All you have to do is look at the card and you already know what's coming, but I appreciate the attempt at being "the witty poster guy, who needs to go the opposite way."
Drew Doughty is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 PM
ATF
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
ATF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Doughty View Post
... Yeah, because the PPVs in 2012 have been so AMAZING, that one would have to think Survivor Series will follow suit. All you have to do is look at the card and you already know what's coming, but I appreciate the attempt at being "the witty poster guy, who needs to go the opposite way."
I don't know if that's sarcasm or not, but if it isn't, you and I have a different definition of amazing. Apart from most TNA shows this year, the only "amazing" mainstream wrestling PPV's I've seen were WM 28 and ER.



Special thanks to King Gimp for the sig.

MARKING FOR:
Daniel Bryan | Bad News Barrett | The Wyatt Family | Dean Ambrose | Damien Sandow | Sami Zayn | Austin Aries | Kota Ibushi | Kenny Omega | William Regal | Renee Young | YOSHIHIKO - The greatest dummy wrestler of all the times | Anything DDT tbh, especially the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship matches
ATF is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
I don't know if that's sarcasm or not, but if it isn't, you and I have a different definition of amazing. Apart from most TNA shows this year, the only "amazing" mainstream wrestling PPV's I've seen were WM 28 and ER.
Glad you mentioned TNA shows, because Bound for Glory was probably my favorite PPV of the year, and I have seen less TNA than WWE overall.

Not sure how we can be sure Survivor Series is bad for a few more hours, but it doesn't look good as of right now to be fair. A return of a major star and some quality chaos resulting in the ring would certainly help this PPV be more memorable, but that doesn't look like it is happening either.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Drew Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Survivor Series COULD have been a good PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
I don't know if that's sarcasm or not, but if it isn't, you and I have a different definition of amazing. Apart from most TNA shows this year, the only "amazing" mainstream wrestling PPV's I've seen were WM 28 and ER.
... It was sarcasm. Would like to revisit an earlier post. Pretty lackluster PPV, right?
Drew Doughty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome