Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion - Page 11 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Who Will Win?

172 87.31%
9 4.57%
16 8.12%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #101 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Shawn Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,528
Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the heel is the one with the odds stacked against him yet AGAIN? Which goes against pro wrestling logic because I shouldn't be sympathizing with the guy I want to see get beat...
Punk has been champion for a year. Smart booking right now calls for the odds to be put against him, as that will get them buyers who want to see him finally lose the WWE Title. Then in the end Punk will prove them wrong and end up winning, and the fans will buy yet again at the next PPV to see him lose. That's how it works for casuals anyway. Giving him easier challenges every PPV will turn off viewers, who will just think 'Yet another PPV where Punk will sneak out victorious' But when they see Ryback and Cena as his opponents, they think 'No way he is leaving this one as champ, i so want to buy this and see him lose'. you see my point?
__________________
Not Removing Until:

John Cena faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania [ ]

Sheamus and Cm Punk are the 2 World Champions [X] -Wrestlemania 28

John Morrison wins World Title [ ]

John Cena losses cleanly [X]- Wrestlemania 28 Rock Beats John Cena


John Cena turns heel [ ]

Shawn Michaels returns for One More Match[ ]

Daniel Bryan beats a Main Eventer cleanly [ ]

BTB:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post10519764

Last edited by Shawn Morrison : 11-17-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Shawn Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #102 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Evil Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 991
Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
Punk has been champion for a year. Smart booking right now calls for the odds to be put against him, as that will get them buyers who want to see him finally lose the WWE Title. Then in the end Punk will prove them wrong and end up winning, and the fans will buy yet again at the next PPV to see him lose. That's how it works for casuals anyway. Giving him easier challenges every PPV will turn off viewers, who will just think 'Yet another PPV where Punk will sneak out victorious' But when they see Ryback and Cena as his opponents, they think 'No way he is leaving this one as champ, i so want to buy this and see him lose'. you see my point?
I disagree that this is smart booking.

When Punk is your only top heel you need to make people really long to see him beaten up. No one does that now because he's beaten up regularly on Raw. You can have Cena and Ryback look like they will beat him in a fight and still have Punk come out on top (to the annoyance of the crowd) on Raw because he's outsmarting them or otherwise being devious.

As it's booked now they aren't really setting anything up for the perfect climax, which makes it less worthwhile to pay for it. The tension lies in "how will Punk get out of this? (a face story)" rather than "can Cena/Ryback finally get it done?". Plus of course that it makes it so that the company has several strong faces but no heels on their level, which is just incredibly weird booking. You can't write a great conflict without a great antagonist.

Last edited by Evil Peter : 11-17-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Evil Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #103 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Shawn Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,528
Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Peter View Post
I disagree that this is smart booking.

When Punk is your only top heel you need to make people really long to see him beaten up. No one does that now because he's beaten up regularly on Raw. You can have Cena and Ryback look like they will beat him in a fight and still have Punk come out on top (to the annoyance of the crowd) on Raw because he's outsmarting them or otherwise being devious.

As it's booked now they aren't really setting anything up for the perfect climax, which makes it less worthwhile to pay for it. The tension lies in "how will Punk get out of this? (a face story)" rather than "can Cena/Ryback finally get it done?". Plus of course that it makes it so that the company has several strong faces but no heels on their level, which is just incredibly weird booking. You can't write a great conflict without a great antagonist.
The thing is, in this occasion it is not 'Can Cena/Ryback finally get it done' But it's more of 'Will Punk's reign finally end?". If Ryback was to win the title, or Cena, i agree they should book Punk strongly and remind everyone how he always comes out on top for over a year now, and put all the stacks against the face who Punk will lose the title to. But the thing is, Ryback/Cena are not winning, they are filler opponents right now for Punk, which is why they need to show them as strong challengers. Otherwise people will be turned off from Punk's reign until Rock comes, because they will think that's the only time that he will actually lose it.
__________________
Not Removing Until:

John Cena faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania [ ]

Sheamus and Cm Punk are the 2 World Champions [X] -Wrestlemania 28

John Morrison wins World Title [ ]

John Cena losses cleanly [X]- Wrestlemania 28 Rock Beats John Cena


John Cena turns heel [ ]

Shawn Michaels returns for One More Match[ ]

Daniel Bryan beats a Main Eventer cleanly [ ]

BTB:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post10519764

Last edited by Shawn Morrison : 11-17-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Shawn Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #104 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
TheFlyingAsterix 50 - 100
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

Oh oh,I just found another reason for why cena might win.He has a survivor series streak of 7-0 so after Taker retires they may have it as a new streak.
TheFlyingAsterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #105 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Evil Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 991
Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
The thing is, in this occasion it is not 'Can Cena/Ryback finally get it done' But it's more of 'Will Punk's reign finally end?". If Ryback was to win the title, or Cena, i agree they should book Punk strongly and remind everyone how he always comes out on top for over a year now, and put all the stacks against the face who Punk will lose the title to. But the thing is, Ryback/Cena are not winning, they are filler opponents right now for Punk, which is why they need to show them as strong challengers. Otherwise people will be turned off from Punk's reign until Rock comes, because they will think that's the only time that he will actually lose it.
But as I said, you can make people out to be strong challengers without them kicking the champ's ass and the champ himself not getting to do anything at all. As it is now it puts Punk in a face storyline. He's the one that faces the insurmountable odds and the big question to me isn't "will his reign finally end?" but "what will he do in order to face these odds?", just because he hasn't shown anything yet.

I just don't think the end result is what should decide the content of the feud. That's why so many feuds are so predictable, which this seems to be your opinion about this one since you say that they are shown this strong because they aren't winning (and my opinion since Punk will have to show something at some point, and the PPV is the only place left). Therefor the intended effect of trying to show them as strong challengers obviously doesn't work because their strength will in the end be judged by their final success or failure. If the feud was more dynamic they could all look strong to some extent and therefor making it harder to predict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingAsterix View Post
Oh oh,I just found another reason for why cena might win.He has a survivor series streak of 7-0 so after Taker retires they may have it as a new streak.
A Survivor Series streak is a pretty lame thing compared to Taker's though. SS is the least important of the big four PPV's and therefor I'd say that it's on a level where Cena doesn't get elevated by it since he's so big already.
Evil Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #106 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 4,262
RKing85 1001 - 1500RKing85 1001 - 1500RKing85 1001 - 1500RKing85 1001 - 1500RKing85 1001 - 1500RKing85 1001 - 1500RKing85 1001 - 1500RKing85 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

I was thinking they might put it on Cena here, but then after RAW last Monday I changed my mind and I think the title is staying on Punk.
RKing85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #107 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kalos region
Posts: 154
Ash Ketchum 101 - 250Ash Ketchum 101 - 250
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

Does anybodt actually like ryback? Cause I sure as hell don't. The guy bores to death, and I can't fucking stand the "feed me more" bullshit.
__________________
Ash Ketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #108 (permalink)
Bo Dallas will make you pregnant.
 
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jolly 'ole England
Posts: 5,972
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500Sir Digby Chicken Caesar 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

Rework of Summerslam, Ryback dominates ala Show this summer before Punk steals the win with the help of Maddox/Heyman.
__________________

Leave the memories alone
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #109 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
blackage316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 123
blackage316 50 - 100
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

it seems punk is going to win but how he does it is the real question
probably brad maddox is going to interfere and maybe ziggler or aj and both of them cost ryback and john the match.
it's probable john is going to take the pin so that ryback still maintains his dominance.
that way punk will hold the championship until the royal rumble
or he loses and wins it again in tlc and the rock defeats him and they face off at wrestlemania one on one or as a triple threat match with cena or punk winning.
blackage316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #110 (permalink)
Moron
Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,206
Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

No way they make the title change hands after just 2 weeks of buildup. I mean they had it change last year but it wasnt as big a deal because it was 1. on del rio and 2. not off a year long title reign.
Shazayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios