Crowd reaction to Divas match. - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Buckley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boston, MA.
Posts: 3,971
Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500Buckley 2001 - 2500
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

I was at the event, and once Layla came out, literally half of the people in attendance went out for a bathroom break.

I was with my brother, who is a non wrestling fan, and I said "Watch everyone get up to go to the bathroom when the Divas come one" He thought I was Nostradamus or something.

The only thing that made it enjoyable were the people in my section chanting for Eve and Layla to take each other's clothes off.
Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Last Chancery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 998
Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

Nothing's more unexciting than hot women putting on a rather quality wrestling match, ya know, so those boos were totally justified.
Last Chancery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,981
Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Like most people in attendance and on this forum, I had no effing interest in the match either. Like most people, I went to take a piss break. Fortunately (though unfortunately at the time) I came back just before the match started. But just because I had zero interest in the match doesn't mean I didn't sit there amazed at the beauty and simplicity of that match. It had a kind of old school vibe to it. Just slow, methodical really get the crowd into it. Well,I guess just me and some other people on this site.

It's amazing. I guess build up doesn't really play an important role in a match. I just saw those two started to grapple and I was instantly hooked. The part that really had me invested in it was when Eve extended her hand for the shake but then kicked Layla. Talk about establishing your character not through words on the mic but through your actions in the ring. Through your wrestling.

And Eve working the ribs and the ending? B-e-autiful. There was no need to have multiple finisher kick outs, none of that. Eve vs Layla, now that's what you call wrestling!

I'm glad to see that they're so many others out there who enjoyed this match as well. I've been saying for months how much Eve has improved as a wrestler and I've only noticed it since she returned, but Layla is fantastic in the ring. You put two good workers together and you most likely get a good match and that's what we saw.

Kudos to Eve and Layla.
Same... but I can't blame people for tuning out. The WWE hasn't given a reason to tune in.. .now if this kinda match becomes more of the norm, you'll see more people get invested. We actually do want women wrestling and not just out there as eye candy. Shocking I know...
__________________
Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace
Kabraxal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

No, see, that's where you're wrong. That's what YOU want. That's not what the majority wants. There's a reason no one watches the WNBA.
Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,981
Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
No, see, that's where you're wrong. That's what YOU want. That's not what the majority wants. There's a reason no one watches the WNBA.
Bullshit. Trish and Lita say hello.
__________________
Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace
Kabraxal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
bananakin94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 1,593
bananakin94 251 - 500bananakin94 251 - 500bananakin94 251 - 500bananakin94 251 - 500
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Like most people in attendance and on this forum, I had no effing interest in the match either. Like most people, I went to take a piss break. Fortunately (though unfortunately at the time) I came back just before the match started. But just because I had zero interest in the match doesn't mean I didn't sit there amazed at the beauty and simplicity of that match. It had a kind of old school vibe to it. Just slow, methodical really get the crowd into it. Well,I guess just me and some other people on this site.

It's amazing. I guess build up doesn't really play an important role in a match. I just saw those two started to grapple and I was instantly hooked. The part that really had me invested in it was when Eve extended her hand for the shake but then kicked Layla. Talk about establishing your character not through words on the mic but through your actions in the ring. Through your wrestling.

And Eve working the ribs and the ending? B-e-autiful. There was no need to have multiple finisher kick outs, none of that. Eve vs Layla, now that's what you call wrestling!

I'm glad to see that they're so many others out there who enjoyed this match as well. I've been saying for months how much Eve has improved as a wrestler and I've only noticed it since she returned, but Layla is fantastic in the ring. You put two good workers together and you most likely get a good match and that's what we saw.

Kudos to Eve and Layla.
Finally someone understands. It was a nice slow, methodical pace, but Layla kept it upbeat, while Eve countered with creative submissions and BJJ inspired moves. Nice back and forth with some nicely done rolls up.
And that Neckbreaker? I could look at it all day.
bananakin94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #47 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabraxal View Post
Bullshit. Trish and Lita say hello.
Trish & Lita were both booked as sluts. Trish was made to bark like a dog in her bra & panties while the crowd cheered, for christ sake. Even when Trish wrestled she had her tits smashed together & pushed up real high in a super bra. Meanwhile Lita either had her thong hanging out or was doing the wonder bra herself or even a LIVE SEX CELEBRATION. The biggest face pop Lita ever got? Making out with Matt Hardy. The biggest heel heat she ever got? Making out with Edge. There's a reason why Lita took off her shirt & stripped down to her bra after her run-in at Wrestlemania X-7 before taking the Dudley Death Drop.

It's a sad reality but sexism & misogyny exists, ESPECIALLY in the male dominated world of professional wrestling. Let's not be delusional about it. There's a reason why people like Awesome Kong or Bertha Faye are always heels & why the women, no matter if they're ring savvy or not, will be judged on how they look or how many cat-calls they get while walking down the aisle. Lita was rewarded by WWE when she left, how? By Cryme Tyme selling her "box" to anyone with money...

And if the women are to be taken seriously, I.E. not dressing like sluts, or doing degrading things, then they're going to be compared to the men from an in-ring perspective & they're always going to fall short. WWE isn't hiring a Lioness Asuka anytime soon.

It's not bullshit, it's fucking reality. Eve sure isn't the answer, with her booty-pop moonsault & her fresh coming off a storyline where she was a "hoeski" & degraded in the middle of the ring by the face of WWE.

Last edited by Coffey : 09-17-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #48 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,981
Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
Trish & Lita were both booked as sluts. Trish was made to bark like a dog in her bra & panties while the crowd cheered, for christ sake. Even when Trish wrestled she had her tits smashed together & pushed up real high in a super bra. Meanwhile Lita either had her thong hanging out or was doing the wonder bra herself or even a LIVE SEX CELEBRATION. The biggest face pop Lita ever got? Making out with Matt Hardy. The biggest heel heat she ever got? Making out with Edge. There's a reason why Lita took off her shirt & stripped down to her bra after her run-in at Wrestlemania X-7 before taking the Dudley Death Drop.

It's a sad reality but sexism & misogyny exists, ESPECIALLY in the male dominated world of professional wrestling. Let's not be delusional about it. There's a reason why people like Awesome Kong or Bertha Faye are always heels & why the women, no matter if they're ring savvy or not, will be judged on how they look or how many cat-calls they get while walking down the aisle. Lita was rewarded by WWE when she left, how? By Cryme Tyme selling her "box" to anyone with money...

And if the women are to be taken seriously, I.E. not dressing like sluts, or doing degrading things, then they're going to be compared to the men from an in-ring perspective & they're always going to fall short. WWE isn't hiring a Lioness Asuka anytime soon.

It's not bullshit, it's fucking reality. Eve sure isn't the answer, with her booty-pop moonsault & her fresh coming off a storyline where she was a "hoeski" & degraded in the middle of the ring by the face of WWE.
If that is all they were, they would not have been that over. Sure, there is the eye candy element, but the current divas have proven that people will get that from other sources if they don't get women wrestling. Seriously, if getting women over only required them being eye candy then there would be no problem with the diva division. But the fans want more from wrestling than softcore porn... this is basically proven itself.
__________________
Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace
Kabraxal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #49 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

There doesn't need to be the eye candy element AT ALL. THAT is the problem!

If you want models, hire based on looks, not on work.
If you want workers, hire based on work, not looks.

Don't hire models & make them work or hire workers & make them model. That's just fucking stupid & it's what WWE ALWAYS does.

At this point, the Divas division in WWE is damaged goods. It is, in my mind, unrepairable. I would scrap it completely & after time passed, multiple years, you can bring it back with a fresh slate when you have a new viewing audience. If you ever bring it back at all as it has never mattered in WWE to begin with & doesn't make any money. Not saying Divas don't make money but them wrestling doesn't.

Last edited by Coffey : 09-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #50 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Posts: 6,061
Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500Gandhi 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Crowd reaction to Divas match.

Divas are not important,Never have been and never will be.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry;
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.

Gandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios