Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion - Page 29 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Punk 134 70.90%
Cena 55 29.10%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #281 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!
 
BuffDaddyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
BuffDaddyO 50 - 100
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Tribunal View Post
I stunner would have been better.
The impact would've been weak considering how extremely lightweight Punk is.

It's like your wife wrapping her arms around you trying to bring you to bed.
BuffDaddyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #282 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 412
Iormungand 101 - 250Iormungand 101 - 250
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

What a cop out, how many times is CM Punk going to have to fight John Cena now? I'm really glad I didn't pay for this crap, for more than this match alone. The selling is atrocious if Cena can just get out of all those finishers, my god it's like WWE just wants to tarnish the WWE belt more. Here's your champ, folks, a guy who can't put down Cena with any finisher and can never beat Cena clean. But even if he does, it won't matter because John Cena will just shoot about how it was a 'fluke' and doesn't need to respect Punk anyhow. By the way, you can respect someone you don't like or agree with, but this whole feud basically teaching the kids that you theoretically don't have to respect anyone or anything if you don't like it.
Iormungand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #283 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Zeppex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 733
Zeppex 501 - 1000Zeppex 501 - 1000Zeppex 501 - 1000Zeppex 501 - 1000Zeppex 501 - 1000Zeppex 501 - 1000Zeppex 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

Punk loosing the title to the Rock or Cena loosing it makes the title meaningless imo.

Yes I know the Rock is a past champ, but on and of performer beating a top guy for title just makes the title look bad, as if top guy in the company could be beat by anyone.

Maybe WWE going with the Rock takes the title, and Cena wins at WM to make Cena look better. But that also is bad because of my earlier point. If anything Punk should hold the title at WM, and Cena can win it there. Yeah the Rock may have a bigger name then Punk, but Cena winning it from Punk at WM has more VALUE to me because both of them are the legit top two guys of the company.
__________________

Last edited by Zeppex : 09-16-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Zeppex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #284 (permalink)
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,561
reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iormungand View Post
What a cop out, how many times is CM Punk going to have to fight John Cena now? I'm really glad I didn't pay for this crap, for more than this match alone. The selling is atrocious if Cena can just get out of all those finishers, my god it's like WWE just wants to tarnish the WWE belt more. Here's your champ, folks, a guy who can't put down Cena with any finisher and can never beat Cena clean. But even if he does, it won't matter because John Cena will just shoot about how it was a 'fluke' and doesn't need to respect Punk anyhow. By the way, you can respect someone you don't like or agree with, but this whole feud basically teaching the kids that you theoretically don't have to respect anyone or anything if you don't like it.
Well, this is the 3rd time in two years. So then thats 4 in 730 days

John Cena won zero times, and yet people are still butthurt and bitching

Oh its too much, its all suffocating!
__________________
reDREDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #285 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
um, draws happen in real life bro

if anything it was the perfect finish, because this match's entire story were how equal and mirror images these two were of each other

its one of the few times a draw works
No, a draw doesn't work because. And no, it wasn't the perfect finish because, as you say, "this match's entire story were how equal and mirror images these two were of each other." Have you watched Raw at all in the past few weeks? Punk is portrayed as a whiny little chicken shit that is clearly below Cena, especially on Monday, where Punk got verbally owned and ran away with his tail between his legs. I don't understand how you can justify that being two guys who are mirror images of each other. Punk looks like a gigantic loser who completely fluked his way into a victory tonight. Meantime, Cena kicked out of so many finishers and he only lost to, basically, himself. Cena looks strong, Punk doesn't. Therefore, its in no way possible that they can be, as you say it, mirror images. It defies the concept.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #286 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TheRockPwnsAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 926
TheRockPwnsAll 501 - 1000TheRockPwnsAll 501 - 1000TheRockPwnsAll 501 - 1000TheRockPwnsAll 501 - 1000TheRockPwnsAll 501 - 1000TheRockPwnsAll 501 - 1000TheRockPwnsAll 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
More like Cena wins at HIAC, Punk gets it back at one of the next 2 PPV's, which makes it fucking pointless to end Punk's reign, Punk faces Rock, loses the title to him and Cena beats Rock at Mania in a match that might even manage to be worse than their first one.

Scary.
Well it doesn't matter. I'm done with the WWE after the Rock's reign however short or long it is. But if the bolded happened it would give me more reason to never come back.
__________________
Marks for: The Rock, Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, The Miz, Paige, AJ Lee
For the next 4 weeks I am now a John Cena mark. Fuck the hypocrites and Fuck Brock Lesnar
TheRockPwnsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #287 (permalink)
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,561
reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

How many finisher did Punk kick out of last year in MITB? The time where he shone and looked more dominant

Its obviously a valid comparison. Think about it, Punk looked superhuman in Chicago, Cena looked the same in Boston. Hence the symmetry. Difference is Punk won in Chicago, and here they came off as equals. Everyone calling for interference or gay shit like that is missing the fact that for the first time ever, there is a man CENA cannot beat. Punk so far has two wins in singles, one triple threat, and a draw. Cena has nothing. And hes done it All CLEAN.

But ofcourse nobody realises that and everyone is stull super butthurt

Are you sure youre not an old poster i got banned? You seem to have a weird interest in me
__________________
reDREDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #288 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
mjames74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 798
mjames74 101 - 250mjames74 101 - 250mjames74 101 - 250
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

I would think punk is going to retain until RR, drop it to the Rock, that way rock will only have to work 1 PPV to defend before WM where he'll drop to Cena.

But that would put Punk's reign past Cena's 380 by around 60 days. And I doubt Vince and Cena is allowing that to happen so maybe they'll pass it back and forth until RR cause punk will have it at that time, they won't put Cena/Rock together until WM.
__________________
mjames74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #289 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,998
Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000Kabraxal 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
How many finisher did Punk kick out of last year in MITB? The time where he shone and looked more dominant

Its obviously a valid comparison. Think about it, Punk looked superhuman in Chicago, Cena looked the same in Boston. Hence the symmetry. Difference is Punk won in Chicago, and here they came off as equals. Everyone calling for interference or gay shit like that is missing the fact that for the first time ever, there is a man CENA cannot beat. Punk so far has two wins in singles, one triple threat, and a draw. Cena has nothing. And hes done it All CLEAN.

But ofcourse nobody realises that and everyone is stull super butthurt

Are you sure youre not an old poster i got banned? You seem to have a weird interest in me
It worked because it was agaisnt Cena... the man that perfected the superman routine. Having someone pull it out and reverse it was a good one off moment. Here... it was just a spot fest. However, if the Rock Botton had been the finish then it would have worked because it built for the Royal Rumble as a cocky heel that is good enough to pull off a legit win when he needs to. It was a massive fuck up by the WWE, but then again... shouldn't be surprised. They wouldn't know good booking if they stumbled into it... *looks at the aftermath of the perfect booking of MiTB* yup...
__________________
Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace
Kabraxal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #290 (permalink)
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,561
reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000reDREDD 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena Discussion

They built up to the rock bottom perfectly. By then Punk had tried everything. So he clearly just started thinking back to the the last move that beat Cena. Hence the Rock Bottom. The look on his face sold it, everything had failed, he was ready to go 100% unconventional

It was rather clever segment
__________________
reDREDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios