Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 908 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud
Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9071 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 PM
UNA
 
CHAIN GANG DONNACHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Una's Wardrobe
Posts: 7,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Good promo from The Rock, he said "spoilt boy" a lot but fuck it, the promo still got me pumped for EC

CHAIN GANG DONNACHA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9072 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
CharliePrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

no catch phrases, no jokes, no FINALLY.. when The Rock was done you all know what happened?!

#MicSmoke

DAMNNNNNN SON! I'm hyped for Elimination Chamber

CharliePrince is offline  
post #9073 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
CharliePrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
The Rock should make CM Punk submit to the People's Sharpshooter
could you imagine the animated gifs, signatures, avatars and video tributes that'll be made?!

they'll blow out the sun!


CharliePrince is offline  
post #9074 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
MoxleyMoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Rocky should just drop the corny catchphrases. he could be so much better without them.


Signature by Jason
MoxleyMoxx is offline  
post #9075 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
ric6y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,092
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliePrince View Post
NOW THAT IS A PROMO!

holy crap @ The Rock's smackdown promo

god this man knows how to sell or does he know how to SELL TICKETS?!

there's time for fun..

and then there's time when The Rock puts his gameface on and sweet tap dancing jesus

NOBODY can cut a promo like him

truly, the greatest this business has ever seen

oh my god i'd put money wwe creative had no part in this.. it's Dwayne ON HIS SHOW SMACKDOWN just going off on the mic

absolutely brilliant
2ND THIS but i loved the story promo alot and i had that felling at the end of SD promo he IF WANT TO can rip the entire wwe roster ONLY if it's in his mind like old rock remember the u tube promo he was at rage


Last edited by ric6y; 02-15-2013 at 10:08 PM.
ric6y is offline  
post #9076 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
The Rock should make CM Punk submit to the People's Sharpshooter
CM Punk would make Rock tap to the Anaconda Vice
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
post #9077 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm "closed for maintenance"!
 
KoЯn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

I skipped Rocks bit, at the point where I can't stand him at all. I just watched Punks part of the segment.

KoЯn is offline  
post #9078 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
CharliePrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric6y View Post
2ND THIS but i loved the story promo alot and i had that felling at the end of SD promo he IF WANT TO can rip the entire wwe roster ONLY if it's in his mind like old rock remember the u tube promo he was at rage
it was throwback Rock.. only those who have watched him from the beginning knows when he's on and he was ON!

no FINALLY, no catch phrases no jokes.. he was literally doing what he does best which was #MicSmoke!

the funny thing was.. if this was Attitude Rock you'd have an all-time classic promo but it was obvious Dwayne was self-censoring himself

everytime he said brat or spoiled boy which he did repeat several times.. it was blatantly obvious HE WAS HOLDING BACK

if this was attitude era.. CM Punk would've been roasted alive like The Rock has roasted everyone else before

it was great and i still wish today's "talent" would take note..

1. sell tickets
2. there's a time for fun.. and another time for seriousness

i seriously cringe right now imagining the upcoming cena-rock promo's i don't think i'd be able to handle Rock cutting a serious promo like before with Cena smiling and grinning away


CharliePrince is offline  
post #9079 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
WrestlinFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Lonesome Crowded West
Posts: 2,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliePrince View Post
it was throwback Rock.. only those who have watched him from the beginning knows when he's on and he was ON!

no FINALLY, no catch phrases no jokes.. he was literally doing what he does best which was #MicSmoke!

the funny thing was.. if this was Attitude Rock you'd have an all-time classic promo but it was obvious Dwayne was self-censoring himself

everytime he said brat or spoiled boy which he did repeat several times.. it was blatantly obvious HE WAS HOLDING BACK

if this was attitude era.. CM Punk would've been roasted alive like The Rock has roasted everyone else before

it was great and i still wish today's "talent" would take note..

1. sell tickets
2. there's a time for fun.. and another time for seriousness

i seriously cringe right now imagining the upcoming cena-rock promo's i don't think i'd be able to handle Rock cutting a serious promo like before with Cena smiling and grinning away

Creative doesn't let young talent organically grow into characters anymore. And calm down. The Rock's promo was good, but not GOAT. Also it was fucking hilarious how at the end of the segment Punk and Rock just awkwardly stared at each other because it was via satelite.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

----------------------------------------------------


Quote:
Originally Posted by pagi View Post
Listen son, you need a lesson in quality over quantity. Look at pagi's post count to join date, then look at yours. When pagi makes a post, everyone knows it will be big. It's kind of like a Rock appearance. In a lot of ways, pagi is the Rock of this board. You on the other hand, are more like the Funaki of this board.
WrestlinFan is offline  
post #9080 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Man I swear nothing 3 does for Punk is enough. I mean he lets him rip of his shirt to sell more merchandise, calls him cookiepuss so he can get an ice cream deal, gets him a long title reign, finally make him as the champ bigger than Cena in there feud yet all he gets is hate from Punk marks. I dont get it.
Icon_Vs_Icon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome