Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 905 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud
Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9041 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
ric6y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

from wwe.com



ric6y is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9042 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 AM
FEAR THE BROCKTAGON
 
JY57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
JohnCena
In closing, went to grocery store yesterday, it is a true honor to be on the # fruitypebbles box. A first for @WWE + I'm proud to be a part

TheRock
@JohnCena @wwe Agreed. Excellent for the company. I'm gonna start calling you "Rolex" and we'll see what happens..
-

http://images.wikia.com/deusex/en/images/e/e7/Adam_Jensen_Concept.jpg
JY57 is offline  
post #9043 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 AM
#63notout
 
EMMA STONE'S XMAS PINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Awesome, love the Rock.

EMMA STONE'S XMAS PINGA is offline  
post #9044 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biast View Post
I can understand you thought, Punk is too good on the mic and in the ring so you guys only have ''ratings'' againts him, which is a thing that should be unimportant to wrestling fans/viewers. Accept it, you can't touch Punk.
WWE is a business, those who draw will be featured in big spots while those who dont wont. Rocky got the title cuz its great business, once IWC realizes what the word "business" means then theyll finally see that it really doesnt matter how talented Punk is, if he cant move dem digits in ratings and buyrates he wont ever be featured over a guy like 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JY57 View Post
-
Not only is he the biggest draw ever but gets other wrestlers dem endorsements. This guy cant do no wrong
Icon_Vs_Icon is offline  
post #9045 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon_Vs_Icon View Post
WWE is a business, those who draw will be featured in big spots while those who dont wont. Rocky got the title cuz its great business, once IWC realizes what the word "business" means then theyll finally see that it really doesnt matter how talented Punk is, if he cant move dem digits in ratings and buyrates he wont ever be featured over a guy like 3



Not only is he the biggest draw ever but gets other wrestlers dem endorsements. This guy cant do no wrong
Once you realise the company as a whole DRAWS not single superstars you might understand that ratings mean very little in this day and age.
Cookie Monster is offline  
post #9046 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 AM
UNA
 
UNA HEALY'S CHRISTMAS JUMPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Una's Wardrobe
Posts: 7,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
JohnCena
In closing, went to grocery store yesterday, it is a true honor to be on the # fruitypebbles box. A first for @WWE + I'm proud to be a part

TheRock
@JohnCena @wwe Agreed. Excellent for the company. I'm gonna start calling you "Rolex" and we'll see what happens..
Things sure are getting heated up for Wrestlemania

UNA HEALY'S CHRISTMAS JUMPER is offline  
post #9047 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Once you realise the company as a whole DRAWS not single superstars you might understand that ratings mean very little in this day and age.
Ever heard of Steve Austin? Hulk Hogan? The Rock? Business before and after them wasnt nearly as good. Mania was in a rut after Mania 25 and 26 couldnt break the million buyrate mark until Super 3 came to save the day as always
Icon_Vs_Icon is offline  
post #9048 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM
HE'S FAT
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Once you realise the company as a whole DRAWS not single superstars you might understand that ratings mean very little in this day and age.
You can't draw as a whole if mainstream can't get behind your guys on top.
GillbergReturns is offline  
post #9049 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
You can't draw as a whole if mainstream can't get behind your guys on top.
Doesn't matter who's on top. You could have two superstars who were better than The Rock and Austin right now and the WWE would still be in the same position. If wrestling isn't socially acceptable it isn't going to draw regardless. You think if the 'Attitude Era' from start to finish happened RIGHT now? it would draw? Fuck no, it'd flop and we'd all hate on it. It's the way it is. You'd be deluded if you'd think otherwise.
Cookie Monster is offline  
post #9050 of 9443 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Doesn't matter who's on top. You could have two superstars who were better than The Rock and Austin right now and the WWE would still be in the same position. If wrestling isn't socially acceptable it isn't going to draw regardless. You think if the 'Attitude Era' from start to finish happened RIGHT now? it would draw? Fuck no, it'd flop and we'd all hate on it. It's the way it is. You'd be deluded if you'd think otherwise.
Wrestling isnt socially acceptable cuz of Cena. Your dead wrong, if there were stars the caliber of Rocky and Steve Austin there would be another boom. Peeps make far to much of PG cuz Smacdown was always PG, not to mention Rocky curses all the time when hes on Raw, then again he has GOAT privileges. The real issue is WWE refusal to push anyone other than Cena
Icon_Vs_Icon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome