Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 750 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud
Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7491 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Any chance that Punk keeps the WWE title after Sunday?

Punk spent ages being whiny over guys like Rock coming back and stealing the spotlight from him so I really doubt he's suddenly gonna be ok with Rock being the one to end his 400 day title reign, and then leaving again shortly after. Chances are there has been some agreement worked out where Punk will still leave Royal Rumble with the title. Hope I'm wrong, but that's just the feeling I get.
TheRainKing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7492 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Kiss my eyes & Lay Me To Sleep
 
Juggernaut Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Tricky View Post
While watching Main Event, both WWE.com and the show itself were running a story how Maddox and his cameraman got jumped and hospitalized on the SmackDown tapings while he was filming his YouTube show. Not sure why they'd go with that storyline, but to me it sounds like they want to take him out of people's mind that he could even be involved at the PPV this Sunday. It's got to be some kind of a twist to put so much emphasis on this Maddox "injury", right?
I know alot of people are thinking of interference but i just can't SEE it (Rock getting Screwed like that)

I can see Maddox TRYING to cost rock the title and fail
or Punk goes over Clean



#Roman Reigns!
Juggernaut Reigns is offline  
post #7493 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Twisted14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Re: Any chance that Punk keeps the WWE title after Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snape Killed Dumbleclaus View Post
I don't think this is nearly as foregone as people are making it out to be. I don't care what anybody says, this isn't a predictable outcome at all.
Agreed. There is a chance Punk will win and I have no idea who will win this match either. There are a number of different ways this match could go and to pick one is too difficult.

All I know is I'm pretty damn excited for it and I doubt that there is a person here who isn't even a little excited to see what happens.

Last edited by Twisted14; 01-24-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Twisted14 is offline  
post #7494 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Kiss my eyes & Lay Me To Sleep
 
Juggernaut Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Any chance that Punk keeps the WWE title after Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
This is about as predictable as The Streak. The ONLY reason Punk is still the champion is because of this match. If Rock didn't come in for Raw 1000, Ryback would be WWE Champion right now.
Agreed The Baby Face Made a Promise (last time the rock made a promise it was to beat cena before that it was to beat Angle before that it was to beat HHH 3/3

Just like Superman Promised to win the RR

I Would like to be wrong but sadly i looks almost set in stone



#Roman Reigns!
Juggernaut Reigns is offline  
post #7495 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The bad neighbourhood in Hell
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
             
Re: Any chance that Punk keeps the WWE title after Sunday?

Hopefully. I am not a Punk mark (too hit and miss for me), but having the Rock win is counter-productive for the business. The WWE needs new stars winning these matches.

Your opinions don't matter. I am right and everyone one not agreeing with me is a troll, or an idiot.

(Typical poster thought process)
silverspirit2001 is offline  
post #7496 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Pongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Any chance that Punk keeps the WWE title after Sunday?

actually i can see both of them winning, and i'm excited for the match so i'm just gonna root for punk and enjoy the ride
Pongo is offline  
post #7497 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaneGaming View Post
I know alot of people are thinking of interference but i just can't SEE it (Rock getting Screwed like that)

I can see Maddox TRYING to cost rock the title and fail
or Punk goes over Clean
0% chance of Punk winning clean.
redban is offline  
post #7498 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Kiss my eyes & Lay Me To Sleep
 
Juggernaut Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redban View Post
0% chance of Punk winning clean.
exactly so that leaves Rock winning the title + Rock winning title at Rumble gives 2 Month to Build WM Press of Rock is champion ect lots of media coverage ect



#Roman Reigns!
Juggernaut Reigns is offline  
post #7499 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Any chance that Punk keeps the WWE title after Sunday?

“You know they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at The Rock and you can see that statement is not true. See normally if you go 1 on 1 with another wrestler you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I’m straight edge, and I’m better than you, so you got a 25% at best at beat me. And then you add Paul Heyman to the mix, the chances of winning drastic go down. See the title match at Royal rumble, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause Paul Heyman knows he will screw you, and he’s not even gonna try! So Rocky, you take your 33 1/3 chance and minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Royal Rumble! But then you take my 75% chance if we was to go 1 on 1, and then add 66 2/3 percents…I got a 141 and 2/3 chance of winning at Royal Rumble! You see Rock, the numbers don’t lie, and they spell disaster for you at Royal Rumble!”

“Best In The World” CM Punk

#MathDontLie
-Extra- is offline  
post #7500 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Any chance that Punk keeps the WWE title after Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspirit2001 View Post
Hopefully. I am not a Punk mark (too hit and miss for me), but having the Rock win is counter-productive for the business. The WWE needs new stars winning these matches.
Nope.

It would be counter-productive to the product.

But for bu$ine$$? It's the polar opposite.
21 - 1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome