Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 734 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud
Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7331 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF1BOB View Post
I'm sicked to death with Rock bragging how wonderful Punk is every fucking week. Isn't that Punks job? To sell himself as "The Mighty" champion we should fear and take serious?

Rocks promo are wasted because majority of the promo is him doing that.
It does kinda irk me actually. However, I understand why its done. Rock dwarfs Punk, we need something to reinforce Punks legitimacy against Rock. Plus it take a little heat away from Rock that he gets from Punk smarks.
Choc Lesnar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7332 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
TheF1BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK, England
Posts: 2,373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choc Lesnar View Post
It does kinda irk me actually. However, I understand why its done. Rock dwarfs Punk, we need something to reinforce Punks legitimacy against Rock. Plus it take a little heat away from Rock that he gets from Punk smarks.
I can understand considering the creative team don't have a fucking idea to do anything creative. It just makes me disappointed.

One positive though, this feud is at least kayfabe.



The Moment Wrestling Died
TheF1BOB is offline  
post #7333 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Saint Dick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

If Punk manages to retain -->

Can't see it happening though.
Saint Dick is offline  
post #7334 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF1BOB View Post
I'm sicked to death with Rock bragging how wonderful Punk is every fucking week. Isn't that Punks job? To sell himself as "The Mighty" champion we should fear and take serious?

Rocks promo are wasted because majority of the promo is him doing that.
Nobody buys it when Punk says it though because heels always sell themselves, if a babyface the calibur of Rock is putting him over, people will take it to heart.

Besides, I'd MUCH rather see people build themselves up than just tear each other down all the time. That's all Rock/Cena was, just one insult after another, Rock never took Cena seriously, Cena never took Rock seriously, Rock vs Punk actually has a big fight feel because Rock has gone out of his way to make his opponent look like he matters. If you build somebody up, it matters when you beat them, and you don't look bad losing to them. If Rock somehow, someway loses to Punk, he's going to look significantly better having sold Punk to the audience than if he just repeatedly called him a skinny, Indy nobody, or whatever the fuck he'd throw at him.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:

Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #7335 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
zxLegionxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choc Lesnar View Post
The Rocks twitter:

The GOAT is so good at selling he can make his lungs Bleed

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo250/zxLegionSkullxz/goat.png


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post

No problem bro, just thought it can be used a lot, especially now when The GOAT is coming back to be the Shark of greatness in the middle of a sea of mediocrity :Rock
zxLegionxz is offline  
post #7336 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Nobody buys it when Punk says it though because heels always sell themselves, if a babyface the calibur of Rock is putting him over, people will take it to heart.

Besides, I'd MUCH rather see people build themselves up than just tear each other down all the time. That's all Rock/Cena was, just one insult after another, Rock never took Cena seriously, Cena never took Rock seriously, Rock vs Punk actually has a big fight feel because Rock has gone out of his way to make his opponent look like he matters. If you build somebody up, it matters when you beat them, and you don't look bad losing to them. If Rock somehow, someway loses to Punk, he's going to look significantly better having sold Punk to the audience than if he just repeatedly called him a skinny, Indy nobody, or whatever the fuck he'd throw at him.
How're you liking this feud so far?
BrosOfDestruction is offline  
post #7337 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
CharliePrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

In



I am all in

CharliePrince is offline  
post #7338 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
TheF1BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK, England
Posts: 2,373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Nobody buys it when Punk says it though because heels always sell themselves, if a babyface the calibur of Rock is putting him over, people will take it to heart.

Besides, I'd MUCH rather see people build themselves up than just tear each other down all the time. That's all Rock/Cena was, just one insult after another, Rock never took Cena seriously, Cena never took Rock seriously, Rock vs Punk actually has a big fight feel because Rock has gone out of his way to make his opponent look like he matters. If you build somebody up, it matters when you beat them, and you don't look bad losing to them. If Rock somehow, someway loses to Punk, he's going to look significantly better having sold Punk to the audience than if he just repeatedly called him a skinny, Indy nobody, or whatever the fuck he'd throw at him.
Here's the problem. Saying it once is fine but saying week after week after week... it becomes repetitive and boring. In fact, it shows they have no faith in Punk whatsoever and instead of making it believable, it becomes laughable. At least with Cena, Rock never went overboard and say, "John, you work your arse 24/7. you're a true inspiration to us all" or something on that line.



The Moment Wrestling Died
TheF1BOB is offline  
post #7339 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Great promo, gets me hyped.

I hope they have a final confrontation tonight on SD but I think they would've advertised it or promoted it somewhat so I don't know if its gonna happen or not.
BrosOfDestruction is offline  
post #7340 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Two in the back of the head. Quick and painless.
 
KoЯn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

A kid started crying on another forum last night when Rock started bleeded. Wanted to laugh but I kinda felt sorry for him.
KoЯn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome