Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 723 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud
Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7221 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM
HE'S FAT
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

I can see the logic of having the championship match go on 1st.

Let's say Cena is booked to win the Rumble. No need to watch Rock Punk because we already know the outcome.

The PPV is more unpredictable with the Rumble going on last. You legitimately walk into the Punk Rock match not knowing whose going to win. Rumble becomes a bit more predictable but the door is still open for Ryback, Sheamus or Orton to win and go after the World Title.
GillbergReturns is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7222 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Two in the back of the head. Quick and painless.
 
KoЯn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

The ONE thing Rock has never done is win a championship at Wrestlemania. I can't believe more Rock fans wouldn't want him to do that. Losing at Rumble won't hurt Rock, winning the title at WM would be an even bigger deal for him though. He is the only top star of the modern era to never do that, this is the perfect opportunity for him to do it.
KoЯn is offline  
post #7223 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
bigdog40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hardcore Show View Post
Problem is no one cares about Cena's story. More people would care about Ryback beating CM Punk at Wrestlemania then Cena beating The Rock in a rematch that really was not that good last year and the build up was piss poor mainly because of John Cena.


A rematch with Rock/Cena can be better, but I wouldn't mind Ryback/Punk if Punk and the WWE hasn't killed all the momentum they created for him a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_guy View Post
People complain about newer talent not getting over, but what they mean is that their favourite isn't getting over, everyone else can go to hell. I'm for as many people getting over as possible, it would improve the show and the more over people there are, the more avenues there are to push new talent, yes, your favourites are more likely to get pushed if there are more over people to feud with.
bigdog40 is offline  
post #7224 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM
HE'S FAT
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hardcore Show View Post
Problem is no one cares about Cena's story. More people would care about Ryback beating CM Punk at Wrestlemania then Cena beating The Rock in a rematch that really was not that good last year and the build up was piss poor mainly because of John Cena.
The build could be better though. Last year they had to work with a no contact rule. This year they can actually get physical with each other.

It's like others have pointed out with the championship design. Rock figuratively trashing Cena's belt is something they can do.
GillbergReturns is online now  
post #7225 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
HE'S FAT
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.W.H. View Post
The ONE thing Rock has never done is win a championship at Wrestlemania. I can't believe more Rock fans wouldn't want him to do that. Losing at Rumble won't hurt Rock, winning the title at WM would be an even bigger deal for him though. He is the only top star of the modern era to never do that, this is the perfect opportunity for him to do it.
Rock winning the belt at Wrestlemania and dropping it the next day or at Backlash is not going to help anyone.

Rock winning the belt and dropping it at Wrestlemania actually puts that guy over. I know it's upsetting to you that guy's name is John Cena and not CM Punk but we all know who the true face of the WWE is.
GillbergReturns is online now  
post #7226 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Kiss my eyes & Lay Me To Sleep
 
Juggernaut Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
Rock winning the belt at Wrestlemania and dropping it the next day or at Backlash is not going to help anyone.

Rock winning the belt and dropping it at Wrestlemania actually puts that guy over. I know it's upsetting to you that guy's name is John Cena and not CM Punk but we all know who the true face of the WWE is.
how does it help john cena?



#Roman Reigns!
Juggernaut Reigns is offline  
post #7227 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
The build could be better though. Last year they had to work with a no contact rule. This year they can actually get physical with each other.

It's like others have pointed out with the championship design. Rock figuratively trashing Cena's belt is something they can do.
Cena is the guy that has to make this work I mean The Rock can do something like that but if it doesn't get Cena to not come out like this then it doesn't matter. That is what ruined the feud they had last year. At least while they are stretching it a little bit Rock/Punk has some intensely.



http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline  
post #7228 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
CharliePrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwayneAustin View Post
I'm convinced one of these two are gonna win the Royal Rumble as a late entry.
that may be the swerve everyone's thinking of

i personally wouldn't mind it at all except if it's the rock

lol

time's up for cm punk

CharliePrince is offline  
post #7229 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 PM
UNA
 
UNA HEALY'S CHRISTMAS JUMPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Una's Wardrobe
Posts: 7,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Cena beating The Rock at Wrestlemania doesn't even make sense to me from a business point of view, the buyrate WILL fall, even with The Rock there. Last year, the return of old Rock fans who had given up watching wrestling and casuals influenced the buyrate, no doubt. They got the chance to see their hero on the greatest stage of all again, with the slim chance that he would win. This time, if it is Cena v Rock 2, there is little chance those same casual fans are gonna buy Mania again when they know, 100% this time that Cena will win it, this is all IMO, of course.

UNA HEALY'S CHRISTMAS JUMPER is offline  
post #7230 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwayneAustin View Post
Cena beating The Rock at Wrestlemania doesn't even make sense to me from a business point of view, the buyrate WILL fall, even with The Rock there. Last year, the return of old Rock fans who had given up watching wrestling and casuals influenced the buyrate, no doubt. They got the chance to see their hero on the greatest stage of all again, with the slim chance that he would win. This time, if it is Cena v Rock 2, there is little chance those same casual fans are gonna buy Mania again when they know, 100% this time that Cena will win it, this is all IMO, of course.
While I don't think that is all false I think their are enough casual fans that are into Rock/Cena just for the name value as well as Wrestlemania. I don't think they will match last year numbers but I don't think they are going to be that far off maybe just under a million buys.



http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome