Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 584 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud
Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5831 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeddon View Post
Yea it looked pretty bad and the camera movement saved him a little bit. With a gassed Punk after a 30 minute match it's going to look awful.
How, in ANY way at all, did THAT look bad? I could understand if he struggled at all but he had no issues executing it and did it to perfection with Rock looking like he got shot in the face with a cannon ball. At first glance this post is just blind hate, but and after looking at your sig, I can confirm it.

Also, don't forget that he had just HAD a near 30 minute match with John Cena before the Rock ran in .

"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock
THANOS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5832 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
cablegeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
How, in ANY way at all, did THAT look bad? I could understand if he struggled at all but he had no issues executing it and did it to perfection with Rock looking like he got shot in the face with a cannon ball. At first glance this post is just blind hate, but and after looking at your sig, I can confirm it.

Also, don't forget that he had just HAD a near 30 minute match with John Cena before the Rock ran in .
But even you have to admit that Go2sleep has not looked good on bigger opponents. To judge that go2sleep from Raw1000 I would have to see it from the "standard" camera view from outside the ring.

WRESTLEMANIA X7 - EVOLUTION 2004 - EXTREME RULES 2011
cablegeddon is offline  
post #5833 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:27 AM
I'm known as 'Scottish-Throw' when introduced by Michael Cole.
 
Scottish-Suplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 3,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeddon View Post
Yea it looked pretty bad and the camera movement saved him a little bit. With a gassed Punk after a 30 minute match it's going to look awful.
Really, after 30 minutes I'd be more worried about the guy who hasn't wrestled since April, Punk is not the problem here, the GTS was amazing and he can easily wrestle an hour if he so choose.

Rock in amazing, but I fear a lot of people are assuming he's still The Rock from 2003.


"Get up fools, this mah table now!"
Scottish-Suplex is offline  
post #5834 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeddon View Post
But even you have to admit that Go2sleep has not looked good on bigger opponents. To judge that go2sleep from Raw1000 I would have to see it from the "standard" camera view from outside the ring.
That was a standard camera view! It showed him facing the hard camera after "easily" getting the Rock up on his shoulders and, once again, "easily" lifting him off into his rising knee which connected perfectly, and was sold amazingly by Rocky.

Punk can do the GTS to almost everyone outside of Khali(because of his height) and Big Show/Mark Henry(because of weight).

He's done it well to Umaga, Taker, and Kane in the past.


"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock

Last edited by THANOS; 01-09-2013 at 06:36 AM.
THANOS is offline  
post #5835 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
You call out another group of people collectively for being bias and then you make a big post full of bias shit. And classic case of "I'm sitting behind my computer therefore I'm a badass routine" right here.

He's obviously not the size of Rock, that's clear as day, but he's not exactly scrawny either.
I agree with the first part of your post. You can't call out a group for being biased if you're being biased yourself. Definite point there. It's hypocrisy; always annoying regardless.

I disagree with the, "I can say I'm a badass because I'm behind a montitor", thing though. Punk does not look very tough (especially for a professional wrestler, be honest), so I am not the least bit surprised people think they can kick his ass.

Punk isn't "scrawny". . .but I wouldn't classify him as very strong either. I'd guess he is roughly 40% stronger than the average male, maybe slightly more or less, but around there. The Rock is closer to 150% stronger than the average male if what I've read about his power numbers is even remotely accurate. That makes him around 75% stronger than CM Punk. He's as close to being scrawny than he is being as strong as The Rock.
SinJackal is offline  
post #5836 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Punk's promos are beyond lame, it becomes less like selling a match and more like trying to damage the career of his opponent.
Chismo is offline  
post #5837 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Moron
Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

I hope one of the idiots saying they could kick CM Punk's ass sees him on the street one day and tries to pick a fight.
Shazayum is offline  
post #5838 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 AM
FEAR THE BROCKTAGON
 
JY57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

isn't Punk trained in the Martial Arts or something?

http://images.wikia.com/deusex/en/images/e/e7/Adam_Jensen_Concept.jpg
JY57 is offline  
post #5839 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

He's trained in pipe bombing. LOLOL
The-Rock-Says is offline  
post #5840 of 9443 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 AM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

THANOS, mate check out cablegeddon's sig and previous posts. Not worth it.

Quote:
I disagree with the, "I can say I'm a badass because I'm behind a montitor", thing though. Punk does not look very tough (especially for a professional wrestler, be honest), so I am not the least bit surprised people think they can kick his ass.
I hate getting into this when I should be talking about the promo. Regardless, the question is: are those people behind their monitors mistaken when they say the could take Punk? Probably the majority of the time when taking wrestling fans into account.

Frankly, most of the time people want to kick the snot out of Punk is because he gets under people's skins with general abrasiveness and grumpiness. Notice few people claim to want to clean up a mild-mannered guy like Bryan despite being smaller (even if stories about his training get out there).

Quote:
Punk's promos are beyond lame, it becomes less like selling a match and more like trying to damage the career of his opponent.
Do you think Punk cut Rock short here?

Anyway, the same sentiments from me on this promo. Well done by both guys, more wrestling oriented than Rock/Cena, enough of the mark wars, etc.
-Skullbone- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome