Perspective from being there live:
1) don't know how it came across on tv but Punks initial promo was very long and flat live. People were looking around wondering what the hell he was talking about. I think he was trying to work up the crowd but it wasn't working too well. People just wanted to hear The Rocks music hit.
2) there were no booes for the rock like some have suggested on these forums (don't understand where that came from)
3) rocks promo was not the greatest but it was still good. Even with it being mediocre, the rock still garnered real reaction out of the crowd (genuine laughter, genuine cheers). Some of the only genuine reactions of the night.
4) crowd loved the "boxing god" line as well as the "might not be god but I am the great one" part
5) crowd popped hard for the rock bottom. There were three of those btw.
4) the segment overall was good but the show sucked so bad all the way up to the title match that the crowd was literally in a daze leading up to the end. Unfortunate...
Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App