Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 424 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud
Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4231 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
 
admiremyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedR3:16 View Post
is he on this monday or monday after?
Monday, 7th January.

TheF1BOB, the gif doesn't seem to work!

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_large/public/ep/image/2013/01/20130127_LIGHT_RR_rock_L.jpg
admiremyclone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4232 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun_UK View Post
Wasn't that Rock's last appearance on RAW since his return in 2011?
He had one more appearance later that summer.
murder is offline  
post #4233 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
 
admiremyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
He had one more appearance later that summer.
August 23rd, 2004. During the god-awful Diva Search segment. Even The Rock couldn't save that trash.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_large/public/ep/image/2013/01/20130127_LIGHT_RR_rock_L.jpg
admiremyclone is offline  
post #4234 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

The Rock's segment with Randy Orton was absolutely awesome. And he had two more appearances after that. The one where he saved Eugene (or was that before the Orton segment?) and the Diva Search one as said.

5 appearances in 2004 and 2 in 2003 after Backlash. The one in the Highlight Reel was hilarious. Rock went through the crowd and it looked like a group of them would fall on top of him and not once did it look like he wanted to punch anyone in the face like a certain Phil.
Choke2Death is offline  
post #4235 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
 
admiremyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
The Rock's segment with Randy Orton was absolutely awesome. And he had two more appearances after that. The one where he saved Eugene (or was that before the Orton segment?) and the Diva Search one as said.

5 appearances in 2004 and 2 in 2003 after Backlash. The one in the Highlight Reel was hilarious. Rock went through the crowd and it looked like a group of them would fall on top of him and not once did it look like he wanted to punch anyone in the face like a certain Phil.
From what I can remember:

June 2nd, 2003 - Highlight Reel with The Rock. This is where he pretty much turns back face while still being Hollywood Rock.
December 8th, 2003 - The Rock saves Mick Foley from La Resistance. The crowd goes absolutely MENTAL when he comes out.

March 1st, 2004 - The Rock comes out to be Mick Foley's partner at Wrestlemania XX against Evolution.
March 8th, 2004 - This Is Your Life for Mick Foley, hosted by The Rock.
May 17th, 2004 - The Rock brings Eugene back to the ring after The Coach humiliates him. Again, the crowd in San Diego goes ballistic.
June 21st, 2004 - The Rock returns in his hometown and has a confrontation with Randy Orton. Arguably the biggest pop of the year!
August 23rd, 2004 - The Rock returns during the Diva Search segment and hosts a pie eating contest. This is my least favourite of his appearances. Rocky tries as hard as he can but its a bit crap.

And then that was it in terms of live appearances until February 14th, 2011.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_large/public/ep/image/2013/01/20130127_LIGHT_RR_rock_L.jpg
admiremyclone is offline  
post #4236 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:40 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Diva Search segment was awesome. Rock's segment with Tajiri was gold. But nothing in that can touch Rock's masterpiece backstage in Miami after the ring segment with Orton. The spontaneous "on the spot" comedy there with perfect timing in every interaction was above wrestling quality.

Rock316AE is offline  
post #4237 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
✯✯✯ Kissing Under the Mistletoe ✯✯✯
 
Clique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Irving, TX by way of Chicago, IL
Posts: 18,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiremyclone View Post
From what I can remember:

June 2nd, 2003 - Highlight Reel with The Rock. This is where he pretty much turns back face while still being Hollywood Rock.
December 8th, 2003 - The Rock saves Mick Foley from La Resistance. The crowd goes absolutely MENTAL when he comes out.

March 1st, 2004 - The Rock comes out to be Mick Foley's partner at Wrestlemania XX against Evolution.
March 8th, 2004 - This Is Your Life for Mick Foley, hosted by The Rock.
May 17th, 2004 - The Rock brings Eugene back to the ring after The Coach humiliates him. Again, the crowd in San Diego goes ballistic.
June 21st, 2004 - The Rock returns in his hometown and has a confrontation with Randy Orton. Arguably the biggest pop of the year!
August 23rd, 2004 - The Rock returns during the Diva Search segment and hosts a pie eating contest. This is my least favourite of his appearances. Rocky tries as hard as he can but its a bit crap.

And then that was it in terms of live appearances until February 14th, 2011.
Spot on. As far as pre-taped/via satellite stuff since that time, I remember him doing a promo hyping up the Battle of the Billionaires match at WM23 and telling everyone what Umaga means in Samoan lol. Then there was the Smackdown 10th Anniversary promo where he hyped up WWE's Hell in a Cell PPV and Punk/Taker match.

Edit - here's that promo from '07

Clique is offline  
post #4238 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Rocks drinking on the job joke on Lillian is fucking hilarious in that diva segment
The-Rock-Says is offline  
post #4239 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiremyclone View Post
From what I can remember:

June 2nd, 2003 - Highlight Reel with The Rock. This is where he pretty much turns back face while still being Hollywood Rock.
December 8th, 2003 - The Rock saves Mick Foley from La Resistance. The crowd goes absolutely MENTAL when he comes out.

March 1st, 2004 - The Rock comes out to be Mick Foley's partner at Wrestlemania XX against Evolution.
March 8th, 2004 - This Is Your Life for Mick Foley, hosted by The Rock.
May 17th, 2004 - The Rock brings Eugene back to the ring after The Coach humiliates him. Again, the crowd in San Diego goes ballistic.
June 21st, 2004 - The Rock returns in his hometown and has a confrontation with Randy Orton. Arguably the biggest pop of the year!
August 23rd, 2004 - The Rock returns during the Diva Search segment and hosts a pie eating contest. This is my least favourite of his appearances. Rocky tries as hard as he can but its a bit crap.

And then that was it in terms of live appearances until February 14th, 2011.
Well, I was right. I didn't know about any of the 2003 appearances so even I went crazy when I watched whole shows a few months ago from that year. That La Resistance appearances was just completely unexpected.

The Evolution/Rock n Sock was awesome while it lasted. Love this segment too. Funny how people say Orton can't cut a good promo if his life depended on it. And the way Foley talks about being beaten down 3-on-1, he makes it sound like it's real!



Orton vs Rock would be so awesome next year!
Choke2Death is offline  
post #4240 of 9443 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
 
admiremyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clique View Post
Spot on. As far as pre-taped/via satellite stuff since that time, I remember him doing a promo hyping up the Battle of the Billionaires match at WM23 and telling everyone what Umaga means in Samoan lol. Then there was the Smackdown 10th Anniversary promo where he hyped up WWE's Hell in a Cell PPV and Punk/Taker match.

Edit - here's that promo from '07

Damn, I remember how excited I got when I saw that the first time. Crowd ate it up too, moreso than any other taped promo. Usually an audience is pretty dead for satellite promos.

It made me sad seeing how good he still was at delivering a promo but hadn't been live on the show in years. Then, there was the 2009 promo on Smackdown which is another dose of awesome. Then he threw in that little tease at the end about being the guest host of RAW and I lost my shit. I seem to remember reading lots of reports saying that The Rock was going to be the guest host of RAW on January 4th 2010 but plans fell through and they went with Bret Hart instead.

Then we had to wait a whole year before he actually did come back properly. Those were hard times man.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_large/public/ep/image/2013/01/20130127_LIGHT_RR_rock_L.jpg
admiremyclone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome