Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 278 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud

Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #2771 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 342
Sam Knight
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
Your obsession with The Rock is clearly preventing you from using logic. It's all connected and in the world of McMahon, money is what matters. Brock possibly costing Rock the WWE Title could easily set up Brock/Rock for WM, which would be a HUGE money match.

Your post screams of "it's still real to me, dammit". Because Rock put Brock over 10 years ago and they are good friends, that means it makes no sense to have them feud? How long have you been watching wrestling? Do you realize some of the best feuds/angles in history were between guys who were genuine friends in real life, which explains why the interactions are so smooth and not forced?

Seriously, start using your head kid. Everytime I see you post in a Rock thread, I laugh. At least Rock316AE understands the business and realizes how HUGE Rock/Brock would be and he's definately a bigger and more intelligent Rock fan than you.
I really don't get why Brock would screw Rock for no reason.There has to be some history behind it.There is no heat between them even Kayfabe wise.
They made Ric Flair screw Undertaker at No Way Out 2002 and it did make sense because of the growing tension between them before the PPV.
But it won't make any sense for Brock to screw Rock because there is no history or beef between them since 11 years.
It would be just like Brock arrives and says-"Hey Rocky,its been so long,I want to screw you for no reason".Use your head big fella.
Sam Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #2772 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 342
Sam Knight
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
@Ether

He is a rejoiner, he just admitted it in the Rock overrated thread. He said guys can't take the truth and something about being the best Rock poster because everybody gets their info from him.

Don't know if it works but I reported him. He's an obvious troll.
If he thinks HHH has a big ego then its his opinion,if you disagree then why bother about it?He has facts behind his argument,its not that he is just running his mouth about HHH without clarifying his arguments.So how can you call him a troll and inappropriately report him?Even I can report you unnecessarily.
Everyone's got freedom of speech and expression.
Sam Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #2773 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,722
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Knight View Post
If he thinks HHH has a big ego then its his opinion,if you disagree then why bother about it?He has facts behind his argument,its not that he is just running his mouth about HHH without clarifying his arguments.So how can you call him a troll and inappropriately report him?Even I can report you unnecessarily.
Everyone's got freedom of speech and expression.
You love speaking on shit without any knowledge of the subject. I didn't report him for running his mouth about HHH, I reported him for being a rejoiner, which is against the rules. You disagree because you're probably a rejoiner too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Knight View Post
I really don't get why Brock would screw Rock for no reason.There has to be some history behind it.There is no heat between them even Kayfabe wise.
They made Ric Flair screw Undertaker at No Way Out 2002 and it did make sense because of the growing tension between them before the PPV.
But it won't make any sense for Brock to screw Rock because there is no history or beef between them since 11 years.
It would be just like Brock arrives and says-"Hey Rocky,its been so long,I want to screw you for no reason".Use your head big fella.
What history do you need? Punk is a Heyman guy. Brock is a Heyman guy. Brock is there to kick ass. Rock poses a threat to Punk as champion. Is any of that making sense?

I mean, think about it, son. What was the purpose of Brock returning and attacking Cena, despite there being no angle between them for nearly 9 years? Brock showed up and kicked his ass. In this case, Brock could be used to protect Punk as champion, since both are Heyman guys. And it looks even better that if somehow Punk does beat Rock, it won't be clean and could set up the big money match between Rock/Brock. Are you just choosing to not use logic anymore?

And yeah, there is no history of beef between them for the past 10 years because each man has only made a handful of appearances after 2004. Hard to build off an angle with neither man there. Regardless of the flawed logic you prefer to use, it makes perfect sense to most people here, based solely on the connection to Punk. Brock isn't here to win titles, he's here to kick ass. He just wants to fight, why not make the biggest possible match for WM 29 and set up for Rock/Brock?
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #2774 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 342
Sam Knight
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
You love speaking on shit without any knowledge of the subject. I didn't report him for running his mouth about HHH, I reported him for being a rejoiner, which is against the rules. You disagree because you're probably a rejoiner too.



What history do you need? Punk is a Heyman guy. Brock is a Heyman guy. Brock is there to kick ass. Rock poses a threat to Punk as champion. Is any of that making sense?

I mean, think about it, son. What was the purpose of Brock returning and attacking Cena, despite there being no angle between them for nearly 9 years? Brock showed up and kicked his ass. In this case, Brock could be used to protect Punk as champion, since both are Heyman guys. And it looks even better that if somehow Punk does beat Rock, it won't be clean and could set up the big money match between Rock/Brock. Are you just choosing to not use logic anymore?

And yeah, there is no history of beef between them for the past 10 years because each man has only made a handful of appearances after 2004. Hard to build off an angle with neither man there. Regardless of the flawed logic you prefer to use, it makes perfect sense to most people here, based solely on the connection to Punk. Brock isn't here to win titles, he's here to kick ass. He just wants to fight, why not make the biggest possible match for WM 29 and set up for Rock/Brock?
Well I agree with you,Cena/Brock didn't come to my mind so WWE may do that with Punk/Rock.
You really think that Rock/Brock will be big.It has already happened.And its also predictable,this time WWE will make the Rock win.
I think Rock will win the belt at RR and it will be Cena/Rock at WM this time Cena cleanly winning.WWE is forced to do that because that's good for company and if they don't then this will hurt the Rock's image,Ex icon always puts the current icon over,the Rock put Cena over on the mic last year and this year he will put Cena over in the ring or else people would say he has a big ego or something like that.
I think its locked
RR-Rock VS Punk-Rock wins the belt
WM-Rock vs Cena-Cena beats Rock cleanly.
Sam Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #2775 (permalink)
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,541
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster Cookie Monster
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

"You really think Rock/Brock will be big?"

I stopped there. Are you serious?
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 AM   #2776 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,722
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Knight View Post
Well I agree with you,Cena/Brock didn't come to my mind so WWE may do that with Punk/Rock.
You really think that Rock/Brock will be big.It has already happened.And its also predictable,this time WWE will make the Rock win.
I think Rock will win the belt at RR and it will be Cena/Rock at WM this time Cena cleanly winning.WWE is forced to do that because that's good for company and if they don't then this will hurt the Rock's image,Ex icon always puts the current icon over,the Rock put Cena over on the mic last year and this year he will put Cena over in the ring or else people would say he has a big ego or something like that.
I think its locked
RR-Rock VS Punk-Rock wins the belt
WM-Rock vs Cena-Cena beats Rock cleanly.
Okay, so your logic is that Rock/Brock won't be big because it already happened yet you think Cena/Rock II is a good idea?

And you say Rock/Brock would be predictable, wouldn't Cena/Rock be just as predictable?

You're a horrible troll.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 AM   #2777 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Shawn Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,528
Shawn Morrison Shawn Morrison Shawn Morrison Shawn Morrison Shawn Morrison Shawn Morrison Shawn Morrison Shawn Morrison
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Rock/Brock is big, but for the AA fans. The casuals have only just seen them return after like, a 7/8 year absence? It isn't so big for them, they can't warm up to these two when they only made a few appearances. You can't have a WM main event that appeals mainly to the AA fans, because the majority of the audience will be made up of casuals. Cena/Rock appealed to both as it was a big match, the casuals supported for their favorite who they see every week Cena, IWC/AA fans were with Rock.

Yes Brock/Rock is a big match, but not in 2012, at least iMO. i've been thinking that since i first heard of them planning earlier this year.
__________________
Not Removing Until:

John Cena faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania [ ]

Sheamus and Cm Punk are the 2 World Champions [X] -Wrestlemania 28

John Morrison wins World Title [ ]

John Cena losses cleanly [X]- Wrestlemania 28 Rock Beats John Cena


John Cena turns heel [ ]

Shawn Michaels returns for One More Match[ ]

Daniel Bryan beats a Main Eventer cleanly [ ]

BTB:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post10519764

Last edited by Shawn Morrison : 11-26-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Shawn Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #2778 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,722
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

What the hell is the AA? We're not talking about Alcoholics Anonymous, we're talking about wrestling.

Fact is, WM usually attracts buys from non wrestling fans. I personally feel that the bigger match business wise is Brock/Rock because at the end of the day, if Vince see's dollar signs, thats what will happen.

But, this is just hypothetically speaking, as I'm willing to bet my soul we get HHH/Brock at WM. I'm simply pointing out to a delusional Rock mark that it would make sense to have Brock/Rock, especially with the connection to Punk. If HHH has a change of heart and suddenly doesn't care about his own personal accomplishments, it could possibly happen.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 AM   #2779 (permalink)
.
 
Green Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,114
Green Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
Rock/Brock is big, but for the AA fans. The casuals have only just seen them return after like, a 7/8 year absence? It isn't so big for them, they can't warm up to these two when they only made a few appearances. You can't have a WM main event that appeals mainly to the AA fans, because the majority of the audience will be made up of casuals. Cena/Rock appealed to both as it was a big match, the casuals supported for their favorite who they see every week Cena, IWC/AA fans were with Rock.

Yes Brock/Rock is a big match, but not in 2012, at least iMO. i've been thinking that since i first heard of them planning earlier this year.


I have no idea what the AA fans are but to say casuals wouldn't be interested in seeing The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar in 2012 is mindblowingly stupid.
__________________
Green Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #2780 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,543
Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Yes Brock/Rock is a big match, but not in 2012


If it's not a big match in 2012 then when it was a big match? The only other situation which would make this bigger than now is Rock 2000 vs Lesnar 2010. I don't think you're getting it. The paying audience for WM is mostly old school/hardcore fans and casuals who will watch for the spectacle. There's not a bigger match than Rock/Lesnar for any fanbase. Not only from the material available today, but for years now. Rock/Cena is a contender but they already maximized everything about it and people got everything they wanted out of it, so it's not close now.

Last edited by Rock316AE : 11-26-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Rock316AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios