Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread - Page 13 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Rate The Rock vs. CM Punk Feud

Underwhelming 77 20.48%
Decent/Good 171 45.48%
Great 3 128 34.04%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 07-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #121 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
11rob2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,694
11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Nah, the title will be worthless anyway. It will feel important for a few months when Rock is holding it but then will go back to the regular status a month after that. It's always the person making the belt, not the other way around. The streak IS more important than the title today, I think even WWE said it on TV a few times, Cole, Lawler or HHH.

But anyway, I already saw Rock/Taker, what's more important to me in that booking is if I see Rock/Mysterio, and if Rock stays in his current shape and not building muscle mass again for a role, that match would be even more awesome.
Dont you think it would be better for Rock to lose the belt not just drop it. it will give who ever beats him a huge rub just for beating Rock, like #Mark said, what you have said does nothing to help any of the roster apart from rock. i do agree that the streak is bigger then the title, but you cant just shit all over the belt.

its not like it would hurt Rock in anyway if he dropped the title then went after the streak.
__________________

Last edited by 11rob2k : 07-27-2012 at 10:48 AM.
11rob2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #122 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 270
TexasRangerCarl is an after thoughtTexasRangerCarl is an after thought
Default Re: Would anyone actually want to see Rock Vs Cena II?

Cena vs Rock was a once in a lifetime. Let's keep it that way, and besides I don't want to see the likes of Cena going over Rock at any place at anytime, only guys with REAL talent should.
TexasRangerCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #123 (permalink)
Taking orders from THE MACHINE
 
#ROOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 19,580
#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore
Default Re: Would anyone actually want to see Rock Vs Cena II?

Considering their last match had terrible build and was a shitty match, I have absolutely zero interest in seeing them wrestle each other again. I wanna see Brock go MMA on Rock and murder him like he did Cena, even if Brock suddenly loses at the end or not . Just watching Rock get mauled will make me happy .
#ROOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #124 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Aeruhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 215
Aeruhl is an after thought
Default Re: Does The Rock defend at Elimination Chamber??

What the fuck is wrong with you people, seriously?

All these comments like, "Rock doesn't need to fuck up his body in that chamber." "Rock wrestling at a non WM pay-per-view is already too much." "You don't waste talent like that on a B pay-per-view." Etc. Etc.

Are you REALLY Rock fans or not? If you were really a Rock fan you'd be fucking happy to see as much of him as he was willing to give you.

You're not Rock fans, you're fucking Dwayne Johnson fans. All you care about is preserving the guy's rep as some god-like untouchable who's "above" competing, and preserving the guy's health so he can make more AVERAGE movies for you to blow your summer dollars on. Concerning the latter, there's a chance he could be injured in ANY match. But, I don't hear anybody crying that he shouldn't compete because "oh god, he might get hurt." That's the nature of this business.

"You don't waste talent like that on a B pay-per-view." - What the fuck are you talking about? How is it a waste to book high brow talent on what you clearly classify as a sub-par production. It can only improve the product, and in no way hurt the talent. There was a time not too long ago when we didn't even have big names that only show for a handful of dates. Now that we do, it's set a bad precedent of main events solely centered around larger than life figures who no longer compete on the shows we watch week after week.

"Rock wrestling at a non WM pay-per-view is already too much." - So what you are really saying is, "I don't like the Rock". No? Then why the fuck would you complain about seeing more of him?

You gotta be kidding me. Elitist wrestling fans: now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Last edited by Aeruhl : 07-27-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Aeruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #125 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Camoron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,619
Camoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friends
Default Re: Does The Rock defend at Elimination Chamber??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
No. Rock wrestling at one PPV that is not WM is already too much.
If Rock wins the WWE title at RR he should absolutely defend it at EC. Aside from the oft-forgotten "rule" that the title has to be defended at least once every 30 days, it's just extremely bad etiquette to have a WWE Champion that doesn't wrestle for 2 and a half months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rob2k
Someone needs to tell Vince about that rule so he can make Santino defend his title, they don't really use the 30 day rule anymore unless it suits them.
Ah, but Santino probably defends it a fair amount on the house show circuit I would imagine.
Camoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #126 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Skopuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland
Posts: 52
Skopuh is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Does The Rock defend at Elimination Chamber??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeruhl View Post
What the fuck is wrong with you people, seriously?

All these comments like, "Rock doesn't need to fuck up his body in that chamber." "Rock wrestling at a non WM pay-per-view is already too much." "You don't waste talent like that on a B pay-per-view." Etc. Etc.

Are you REALLY Rock fans or not? If you were really a Rock fan you'd be fucking happy to see as much of him as he was willing to give you.

You're not Rock fans, you're fucking Dwayne Johnson fans. All you care about is preserving the guy's rep as some god-like untouchable who's "above" competing, and preserving the guy's health so he can make more AVERAGE movies for you to blow your summer dollars on. Concerning the latter, there's a chance he could be injured in ANY match. But, I don't hear anybody crying that he shouldn't compete because "oh god, he might get hurt." That's the nature of this business.

"You don't waste talent like that on a B pay-per-view." - What the fuck are you talking about? How is it a waste to book high brow talent on what you clearly classify as a sub-par production. It can only improve the product, and in no way hurt the talent. There was a time not too long ago when we didn't even have big names that only show for a handful of dates. Now that we do, it's set a bad precedent of main events solely centered around larger than life figures who no longer compete on the shows we watch week after week.

"Rock wrestling at a non WM pay-per-view is already too much." - So what you are really saying is, "I don't like the Rock". No? Then why the fuck would you complain about seeing more of him?

You gotta be kidding me. Elitist wrestling fans: now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.
This!

I can't believe Vince just gave him a titleshot at RR.
Skopuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #127 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,681
The-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missedThe-Rock-Says probably won't be missed
Default Re: Does The Rock defend at Elimination Chamber??

Quote:
I can't believe Vince just gave him a titleshot at RR.
REALLY? Really? You can't believe he give Rock a title match and money match at one of his big PPV's
The-Rock-Says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #128 (permalink)
HE'S FAT
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sin Town
Posts: 7,678
Algernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a pushAlgernon is getting a push
Default Re: Does The Rock defend at Elimination Chamber??

If Rock wins the title at RR, he'll defend it at EC. Actually you may see Rock/Cena 2 at EC. Assuming he beats Punk at Rumble and faces Cena at EC, that frees him up to face Brock Lesnar at WM and it frees up John Cena to face The Undertaker at WM as well.

Rock did wrestle at S.Series and appeared on all the RAW shows leading to Mania. So its not outlandish to think he could be back from the Rumble through Mania, at least for RAW's and PPV's.
Algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #129 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Aeruhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 215
Aeruhl is an after thought
Default Re: Would anyone actually want to see Rock Vs Cena II?

As has been stated, Once in a Lifetime right? Let's keep it that way. Rock vs Cena was supposed to be for the title, if you all recall the promos cut shortly after WM27. It wasn't for the title, whoops fuck up. Or maybe not? Perhaps it was a plan for Rock Cena II all along, but if that's the case they shouldn't have billed it as "Once in a Lifetime" because it won't be.

Regardless of how it's billed I'm not interested in this. Book Rock against someone else please. Everything involving the Rock since his return has involved Cena. I'd appreciate some variety. Punk vs Rock doesn't much tickle my fancy, but I'll take it over Rock Cena II.
Aeruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #130 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Skopuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland
Posts: 52
Skopuh is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Does The Rock defend at Elimination Chamber??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Rock-Says View Post
REALLY? Really? You can't believe he give Rock a title match and money match at one of his big PPV's

Yeah. Its a slap in the face for the hard workers in the WWE.
Skopuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios