WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going?? - Page 48 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #471 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
JAROTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,752
JAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friends
Default Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorFitz View Post
If the travel packages don't sell as well I think it may have to do with the fact that there will be less people traveling. I can say with certainty that WM 29 will have a lot more locals in the stadium then any Wrestlemania in recent memory.
I find hard to believe what you say. Why would people preffer to travel to Atlanta, for example, instead of New York? I know it's more expensive, but it's one of the top tourist cities in the US. In fact WM29 taking place in NY/NJ is one of the principal reasons why I'm planning to go. The reason why I'm not buying Travel Packages is because they are extremely expensive...and I'm not interested at all in going to axxess, hof or raw...just the event itself. I think that may be one of the reasons why they aren't selling that fast. People preffer to do other stuff in NYC instead of going to axxess, hof or raw.

Last edited by JAROTO : 10-02-2012 at 03:40 PM.
JAROTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #472 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 31
Cm316Punk
Smile Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

Hey guys, I live in Australia, just wondering how do i buy the tickets from down here? Can i get them from wwe.com with credit card when they go on for sale? Cheers
Cm316Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #473 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: England
Posts: 406
1983 1983
Default Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

You get them on ticketmaster.com

they go on sale next month
1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #474 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: England
Posts: 406
1983 1983
Default Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

6 months exactly until WM29
1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #475 (permalink)
Will Always be a Snit Head
 
TaylorFitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 15,187
TaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAROTO View Post
I find hard to believe what you say. Why would people preffer to travel to Atlanta, for example, instead of New York? I know it's more expensive, but it's one of the top tourist cities in the US. In fact WM29 taking place in NY/NJ is one of the principal reasons why I'm planning to go. The reason why I'm not buying Travel Packages is because they are extremely expensive...and I'm not interested at all in going to axxess, hof or raw...just the event itself. I think that may be one of the reasons why they aren't selling that fast. People preffer to do other stuff in NYC instead of going to axxess, hof or raw.
You find it hard to believe that there will be a lot more New Yorkers at WM 29 than there were Miami locals at WM 28? That's all I was saying.
TaylorFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #476 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
JAROTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,752
JAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friends
Default Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorFitz View Post
You find it hard to believe that there will be a lot more New Yorkers at WM 29 than there were Miami locals at WM 28? That's all I was saying.
You said more locals than any Mania in recent memory. Not a big deal anyway.
JAROTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #477 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 82
jakerus
Default Planning WrestleMania 29 Trip

Hey Guys,

So I'm trying to plan a trip to WrestleMania 29 this year in New York and I'd love some advice.I've never been to a Wrestlemania and i figured some of you guys will have, so I'd love to hear from you.
First of all, how long should I go for? Because I'm from England it's gonna be a mega expensive trip for me and I'm only 19, so right now I'm looking at doing a weekend and then giving Raw a miss. Is that an OK thing to do? Or is it only really worth it if i go for longer and take in the special "WrestleMania buzz"
My next question is, there's a hell of a lot of wrestling going on that weekend in NYC and NJ. How easy is it to get tickets for those events on the day? do tickets for things like ROH and Dragon Gate have to be purchased in advance of going? I'm aware that most of the venues are fairly intimate, so I have no problem getting a cheap ticket.
Finally, is Axxess really worth it? I've heard a lot about Wrestlecon as well and it sounds like a lot more for your money as well. So would it be better to skip Axxess and do RAW/ Wrestlecon instead?
Thanks for your advice and hopefully see you at WM 29!
jakerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #478 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
CokaCoola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: England
Posts: 305
CokaCoola is an after thoughtCokaCoola is an after thought
Default Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

Well, it's NY, so I would suggest going for longer and checking out what NY has to offer, but if you're not interested then a weekend would be fine I guess. Plenty of people will be doing that, anyway.
ROH tickets aren't expensive buying them in advance even if you wanted to do that. I would think there would be tickets still available because of the mass of wrestling events going on, but I'm not qualified to answer that really because I buy everything in advance.
Axxess is pretty shit, to be honest. I bought a package deal, but I'm not bothering with Axxess. I'm an old school fan so I would prefer to check out Wrestlecon if I were to go to either of them, 'cause like you said, more for your monies.
RAW after 'Mania is always going to be good.

I have a question, does it matter what airport to fly into? I mean, I bought a package and won't find out what hotel I'm in until fucking end of November. It makes booking things really difficult because there's more than one airport in NY. :/
CokaCoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #479 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
JAROTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,752
JAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friends
Default Re: Planning WrestleMania 29 Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerus View Post
Hey Guys,

So I'm trying to plan a trip to WrestleMania 29 this year in New York and I'd love some advice.I've never been to a Wrestlemania and i figured some of you guys will have, so I'd love to hear from you.
First of all, how long should I go for? Because I'm from England it's gonna be a mega expensive trip for me and I'm only 19, so right now I'm looking at doing a weekend and then giving Raw a miss. Is that an OK thing to do? Or is it only really worth it if i go for longer and take in the special "WrestleMania buzz"
My next question is, there's a hell of a lot of wrestling going on that weekend in NYC and NJ. How easy is it to get tickets for those events on the day? do tickets for things like ROH and Dragon Gate have to be purchased in advance of going? I'm aware that most of the venues are fairly intimate, so I have no problem getting a cheap ticket.
Finally, is Axxess really worth it? I've heard a lot about Wrestlecon as well and it sounds like a lot more for your money as well. So would it be better to skip Axxess and do RAW/ Wrestlecon instead?
Thanks for your advice and hopefully see you at WM 29!
I've been at WM 17, 20(New York) and 28. I would gladly help you with any advice. First of all, it depends on how a big wrestling fan you are. Since you are traveling from England I suppose you are a big fan, on the other hand NYC is such an amazing place I would suggest to visit the typical stuff. Whatever your decision is I think you should to try to have every purchase in advance, trying to get tickets at the very moment could be a little stressful and unecessary.

Speaking about Axxess for some reason I loved it when I went to WM17, but didn't think it was that cool at WM28...maybe because I'm older, I don't know. It all depends on how interested you are in trying to meet a certain WWE superstar and take a look at some memorability, etc. I think you should give it a try...not sure about Wrestlecon, never been there.

As a personal opinion, WrestleMania, the event itself, is the only thing I need to feel satisfied from a wrestling point of view. The WM experience is so amazing that everything else is overshadowed. Usually next RAW is great, but I preffer to have that live WM moments as the last fresh thing in my memory. And being in NY I would preffer to do an itinerary based on what the city has to offer. I like almost all kind of sports and have many hobbies, so I would try to do different stuff than just wrestling. As I told you that's my very personal point of view.

Oh and definitely I think should stay a little more than just a weekend if posible. Especially being such a long trip.

Last edited by JAROTO : 10-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.
JAROTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #480 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 82
jakerus
Default Re: Planning WrestleMania 29 Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAROTO View Post
I've been at WM 17, 20(New York) and 28. I would gladly help you with any advice. First of all, it depends on how a big wrestling fan you are. Since you are traveling from England I suppose you are a big fan, on the other hand NYC is such an amazing place I would suggest to visit the typical stuff. Whatever your decision is I think you should to try to have every purchase in advance, trying to get tickets at the very moment could be a little stressful and unecessary.

Speaking about Axxess for some reason I loved it when I went to WM17, but didn't think it was that cool at WM28...maybe because I'm older, I don't know. It all depends on how interested you are in trying to meet a certain WWE superstar and take a look at some memorability, etc. I think you should give it a try...not sure about Wrestlecon, never been there.

As a personal opinion, WrestleMania, the event itself, is the only thing I need to feel satisfied from a wrestling point of view. The WM experience is so amazing that everything else is overshadowed. Usually next RAW is great, but I preffer to have that live WM moments as the last fresh thing in my memory. And being in NY I would preffer to do an itinerary based on what the city has to offer. I like almost all kind of sports and have many hobbies, so I would try to do different stuff than just wrestling. As I told you that's my very personal point of view.

Oh and definitely I think should stay a little more than just a weekend if posible. Especially being such a long trip.

Hey man, thanks so much to you and CokaCoola for responding with such in- depth answers, it was really helpful!

I'm actually in the incredibly lucky position of having already been to New York for my 18th (would strongly advise any teen to do it for their 18th/21st)and as a result have done a lot of the tousirty stuff. That trip left me wanting to come back, and this felt like a great way to go back AND see Mania. The whole 2 birds, 1 stone thing. I think if I came this time I would focus more on the wrestling than going to stuff like the Empire State Building. I'm still a student (on a gap year) so money is going to be a little tighter for me than most, and as a result i'm not sure if a long trip would be viable.

Thanks for the advice on axxess as well. To be honest I think I'd rather see more action than queue for hours to shake Randy Orton's hand, plus I'm aiming to stay In New York rather than New Jersey, so I think I'd be more inclined to go see stuff like ROH and Dragon Gate, as i've never seen stuff like that live. If i did Axxess I'd probably head up early on Sunday and see what it has to offer before going in.

I totally get the feeling of Mania wanting to be the last thing you do, I could probably daydream about it for the whole plane journey home! Like I said before, if money allows me to, I'll spend a bit more time in NYC and catch some other stuff. Just wish they'd announce the venue for WM 30, if it was in MSG I'd happily save up for a year and go then!

Thanks again for reponding, is there a way I can post directly to you if I have any other Qu's to ask you about Mania? Sorry, I'm new to the site and don't really know what I'm doing!
jakerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios