Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads - Page 70 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #691 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Ho!
 
The Evil Santadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

Like E_REA_AE, I think Taker could go to WM35 if he keeps up the pace of competing only once a year (at Wrestlemania). He seemed to be in pretty decent shape at WM28 after a year off, and if he keeps doing that his condition can only get better to the point maybe he could have one more year long run between WM34 and WM35 (or at least appear and compete throughout the year occasionally and have one very good feud outside of Mania).

Then again, he will be fifty-something by then, so it'd probably be better if he ends it at WM30, and honestly I think that's what's going to end up happening. If so his next two Mania matches should be Lesnar this year and Cena WM30. But if somehow he could make it past that, I think I could put something together going into WM33 (where he goes 25-0 to end it all):

WM29- vs. Cena (21-0)
WM30- vs. Rock (22-0)
WM31- vs. Orton (23-0)
WM32- vs. Lesnar (24-0)
WM33- vs. Ryback (25-0)


My reasoning for this? WM29 he faces Cena and Rock faces Lesnar. Taker wins. Rock wins. Taker/Rock happens WM30. Then after that Orton can be built up as a dangerous heel with new life, and they could build up the punt kick again as the be all end all, which would create a great moment in the match when Orton manages to hit it. Plus it's 10 years after their first Mania match, which is something else that also brought it mind. WM32 if Lesnar is still willing to compete, you put him against Taker. You could also swap Lesnar and Orton to keep Taker's opponents building from Cena to Rock to Lesnar (granted in star power Lesnar is a step down from Rock, and if Rock beat him at WM29 that would work against that as well, but let's work with it). Finally WM35, he faces Ryback, who if he ends up truly being the Goldberg of this gen, it would be a huge match, especially since we never did get Taker/Goldberg. Obviously it's hard to imagine right now since Ryback is new, but this is 4 and a half years from now, and hell, Cena, and Rock were the respective top guys of their generations within 3 years, so who knows. I don't even need to get started on Lesnar to prove my point. Ryback's definitely not my favorite, but there is something about him that I think could be huge. Maybe it's the Batista/Goldberg mixture vibe I get from him that makes it seem like he could be the top star. While he may never reach where those two were, you never know. He already has the crowds in the palm of his hands with the whole "feed me more" shtick. But all in all, Taker/Ryback by that point would be a huge match, and potentially worthy of ending Taker's career on, while giving Ryback one last push up if he even needs it by that point.

I also understand people feel Taker's career should end on Kane, but tbh I'm not sure. Taker's legacy doesn't revolve around Kane, but if they wanted to end Kane's career at The Undertaker's hands, that would make more sense to me. Not that Taker's career ending with Kane doesn't make sense, but I think he's just become so much bigger to the point while that storyline back in 1997-1998 between the two may be the greatest storyline of all time, Taker's had bigger feuds that overshadow it on a starpower level. Plus they've feuded a billion times in the last 14 years, so honestly it's not something I'd be super excited to see personally.

I'm watching you...



The Evil Santadow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #692 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
JAROTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
Like E_REA_AE, I think Taker could go to WM35 if he keeps up the pace of competing only once a year (at Wrestlemania). He seemed to be in pretty decent shape at WM28 after a year off, and if he keeps doing that his condition can only get better to the point maybe he could have one more year long run between WM34 and WM35 (or at least appear and compete throughout the year occasionally and have one very good feud outside of Mania).

Then again, he will be fifty-something by then, so it'd probably be better if he ends it at WM30, and honestly I think that's what's going to end up happening. If so his next two Mania matches should be Lesnar this year and Cena WM30. But if somehow he could make it past that, I think I could put something together going into WM33 (where he goes 25-0 to end it all):

WM29- vs. Cena (21-0)
WM30- vs. Rock (22-0)
WM31- vs. Orton (23-0)
WM32- vs. Lesnar (24-0)
WM33- vs. Ryback (25-0)


My reasoning for this? WM29 he faces Cena and Rock faces Lesnar. Taker wins. Rock wins. Taker/Rock happens WM30. Then after that Orton can be built up as a dangerous heel with new life, and they could build up the punt kick again as the be all end all, which would create a great moment in the match when Orton manages to hit it. Plus it's 10 years after their first Mania match, which is something else that also brought it mind. WM32 if Lesnar is still willing to compete, you put him against Taker. You could also swap Lesnar and Orton to keep Taker's opponents building from Cena to Rock to Lesnar (granted in star power Lesnar is a step down from Rock, and if Rock beat him at WM29 that would work against that as well, but let's work with it). Finally WM35, he faces Ryback, who if he ends up truly being the Goldberg of this gen, it would be a huge match, especially since we never did get Taker/Goldberg. Obviously it's hard to imagine right now since Ryback is new, but this is 4 and a half years from now, and hell, Cena, and Rock were the respective top guys of their generations within 3 years, so who knows. I don't even need to get started on Lesnar to prove my point. Ryback's definitely not my favorite, but there is something about him that I think could be huge. Maybe it's the Batista/Goldberg mixture vibe I get from him that makes it seem like he could be the top star. While he may never reach where those two were, you never know. He already has the crowds in the palm of his hands with the whole "feed me more" shtick. But all in all, Taker/Ryback by that point would be a huge match, and potentially worthy of ending Taker's career on, while giving Ryback one last push up if he even needs it by that point.

I also understand people feel Taker's career should end on Kane, but tbh I'm not sure. Taker's legacy doesn't revolve around Kane, but if they wanted to end Kane's career at The Undertaker's hands, that would make more sense to me. Not that Taker's career ending with Kane doesn't make sense, but I think he's just become so much bigger to the point while that storyline back in 1997-1998 between the two may be the greatest storyline of all time, Taker's had bigger feuds that overshadow it on a starpower level. Plus they've feuded a billion times in the last 14 years, so honestly it's not something I'd be super excited to see personally.
I like it, but doubt he is going to make until 25-0... I see him in two more WM matches at most. I think he will retire at WM30, I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by JAROTO; 10-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.
JAROTO is offline  
post #693 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

What times did everyone think the streak was over? For me

Orton's RKO at WM21
Arn's Spinebuster

.....and that's about it. I didn't see WM22-24 live (or else I probably would have thought it was over after Edge's spear), don't remember anything before WM18 live, and if the SCM-Pedigree at WM28 happened 5 minutes later I would have thought it was over for a second
Ether is offline  
post #694 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
What times did everyone think the streak was over? For me

Orton's RKO at WM21
Arn's Spinebuster

.....and that's about it. I didn't see WM22-24 live (or else I probably would have thought it was over after Edge's spear), don't remember anything before WM18 live, and if the SCM-Pedigree at WM28 happened 5 minutes later I would have thought it was over for a second
Batista Bomb at WM 23
Edge's spear WM 24
HBK's second SCM WM 26
HHH's tombstone WM 27
SCM-Pedigree WM 28

They have created alot of great false finishes for Taker's matches at WM over the last couple of years. But I am 100% sure that Taker is winning his match at WM 29 regardless of how many finishers he takes and other false finishes. I really believe that Cena will be his opponent at WM 30. WM 29 will be a "going through the motions" WM. If both guys remain healthy we have our HUGE main event for the HUGE 3-0. I believe that Cena-Taker has been the planned main event for WM 30 for a while.

I will even go as far as to say that guys like Rock and Lesnar were brought back as filler. Taker having rematches with HHH and HBK is also filler. They are trying to hold off on Taker-Cena for as long as they can. Holding off on this match also makes me believe that Cena has HUGE chance of being the guy who ends the streak.
Elijah89 is offline  
post #695 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Rboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

Well IMO the only person I can see ending takers streak would probably be Cena.

Ryback shouldn't even be in this discussion because he has no credibility, what I mean is no credibility to actually beat taker - a match against him sure i can believee that but cant believe he would beat taker, also wont believe cm punk could either. My reasons = What if Ryback did end it and quit WWE as soon as his contract was up? or something like that. If they really would end takers streak it would have to be someone who has been in the company for a long time and has no intentions of leaving. How bad would it look if someone beat the great taker and just leaves the company soon after. To build enough credibility to end the streak ( if it ends at all ) you have to be in the company for a long long time. For Punk or Ryback to have the kind of credibility as Cena they would not only wrestle for atleast 10 years straight but also be at the very top for the majority of the time, and noone is close to that.

I would love to see who taker faces until the Cena match, it really is up in the air.


Last edited by Rboogy; 10-08-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Rboogy is offline  
post #696 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
The Pied Piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah89 View Post
Batista Bomb at WM 23
Edge's spear WM 24
HBK's second SCM WM 26
HHH's tombstone WM 27
SCM-Pedigree WM 28

They have created alot of great false finishes for Taker's matches at WM over the last couple of years. But I am 100% sure that Taker is winning his match at WM 29 regardless of how many finishers he takes and other false finishes. I really believe that Cena will be his opponent at WM 30. WM 29 will be a "going through the motions" WM. If both guys remain healthy we have our HUGE main event for the HUGE 3-0. I believe that Cena-Taker has been the planned main event for WM 30 for a while.

I will even go as far as to say that guys like Rock and Lesnar were brought back as filler. Taker having rematches with HHH and HBK is also filler. They are trying to hold off on Taker-Cena for as long as they can. Holding off on this match also makes me believe that Cena has HUGE chance of being the guy who ends the streak.
I don't wanna rain on your parade, but after WM 28 didn't Cena say he doesn't want to have anything to do with The Streak ever?
The Pied Piper is offline  
post #697 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
mumbo230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

That's what they want you to think.
mumbo230 is offline  
post #698 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
FEAR THE BROCKTAGON
 
JY57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/..._Incident.html

Quote:
- Vince McMahon is expecting The Undertaker to work WrestleMania 29 and there is talk of trying to get him into coming back for January's Royal Rumble pay-per-view to help boost the buyrate. The idea is that he would be a huge name in the Rumble match and they would tease that he could get one more big-time title match at WrestleMania.

Source: F4Wonline.com

http://images.wikia.com/deusex/en/images/e/e7/Adam_Jensen_Concept.jpg
JY57 is offline  
post #699 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Pirate Hooker
 
Dirty Deeds Under Mistletoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

Well cool. I will be waiting patiently.




Favorite wrestlers: Undertaker - Dean Ambrose
They're the best. Not even up for debate.
My main hoes: NeyNey -CHAMPviaDQ Best Mod: LC (Call me)

Dirty Deeds Under Mistletoe is offline  
post #700 of 2307 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
BaraaTZK92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

If Cena ends the streak, then I'm done with WWE.

BaraaTZK92 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome