Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - All Discussion Here - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Who should Undertaker face at WrestleMania XXX?

John Cena 254 61.35%
Brock Lesnar 77 18.60%
Someone else (who?) 83 20.05%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #81 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

THE greatest heel in history? Uh...no. Cena will not be the greatest anything, unless you're referring to pain in the ass. He is not generating heel heat now, he's generating go away heat. Him being different isn't going to change the fact that people are sick of him.

And honestly, no, Cena ending the streak won't mean anything. Look at the shit Cena has done in his career. What would ending the streak do? Not a fucking thing. It'd just be another random accomplishment designed to get over the one person on the roster who doesn't need it and have the WWE try to push its propaganda that Cena is the all time greatest.

Look at it this way. If Cena did end the Streak at WM30, let's say-he'd be about 2 weeks shy of his 37th birthday. Why on earth would you waste one of the greatest achievements that you've built up for a decade on a guy whose best years are behind him and is rapidly approaching the age of retirement? It would be like giving an over the hill hockey player a 15 million dollar contract for one season. Invest in someone young. That's what the Fed needs to do. Use the streak to get over someone young now so that come 5 years from now, there will be a face of the company who can sustain and carry them when Cena is gone. Right now, they've done dick all to set up their future. And now there's talk about giving him another accomplishment that he doesn't need, that will do absolutely nothing for his career and will be wasted on a guy who is past his prime. Now, were this Randy Orton circa 2004, Rock circa 1998 or Brock Lesnar circa 2003 (24, 26 and 24 respectively), and they were competing today, THOSE are the kinds of guys who would be worth breaking the streak for because they're young and you could get a bunch of mileage out of them. The way it is right now, they may as well bring Hogan back and end it, it would make about as much sense.

This is the perfect opportunity to build up a future mega star, and wasting it on someone who basically has every other accomplishment known to man is incredibly idiotic. You're talking what...maybe 5 years of worth you might get out of Cena, whereas if it was someone such as Ambrose (27), Seth Rollins (26) or Roman Reigns (27), you'd be getting 15+ years of stardom. Those are just a few examples. Clearly, someone young is the best choice.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #82 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,589
afender. 251 - 500afender. 251 - 500afender. 251 - 500
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bebe View Post
So he changes his character. It's that simple. We want a change.
So then you will like him all of a sudden, makes alot of sense
afender. is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #83 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
itsmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,072
itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000itsmadness 29501 - 30000
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Lol if Cena ended the streak it would probably end with him shaking hands with Undertaker or something god awful like that.
itsmadness is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #84 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
The Pied Piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,116
The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
THE greatest heel in history? Uh...no. Cena will not be the greatest anything, unless you're referring to pain in the ass. He is not generating heel heat now, he's generating go away heat. Him being different isn't going to change the fact that people are sick of him.

And honestly, no, Cena ending the streak won't mean anything. Look at the shit Cena has done in his career. What would ending the streak do? Not a fucking thing. It'd just be another random accomplishment designed to get over the one person on the roster who doesn't need it and have the WWE try to push its propaganda that Cena is the all time greatest.

Look at it this way. If Cena did end the Streak at WM30, let's say-he'd be about 2 weeks shy of his 37th birthday. Why on earth would you waste one of the greatest achievements that you've built up for a decade on a guy whose best years are behind him and is rapidly approaching the age of retirement? It would be like giving an over the hill hockey player a 15 million dollar contract for one season. Invest in someone young. That's what the Fed needs to do. Use the streak to get over someone young now so that come 5 years from now, there will be a face of the company who can sustain and carry them when Cena is gone. Right now, they've done dick all to set up their future. And now there's talk about giving him another accomplishment that he doesn't need, that will do absolutely nothing for his career and will be wasted on a guy who is past his prime. Now, were this Randy Orton circa 2004, Rock circa 1998 or Brock Lesnar circa 2003 (24, 26 and 24 respectively), and they were competing today, THOSE are the kinds of guys who would be worth breaking the streak for because they're young and you could get a bunch of mileage out of them. The way it is right now, they may as well bring Hogan back and end it, it would make about as much sense.

This is the perfect opportunity to build up a future mega star, and wasting it on someone who basically has every other accomplishment known to man is incredibly idiotic. You're talking what...maybe 5 years of worth you might get out of Cena, whereas if it was someone such as Ambrose (27), Seth Rollins (26) or Roman Reigns (27), you'd be getting 15+ years of stardom. Those are just a few examples. Clearly, someone young is the best choice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by afender. View Post
So then you will like him all of a sudden, makes alot of sense
Seconded.
The Pied Piper is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #85 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
kwab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 867
kwab 251 - 500kwab 251 - 500kwab 251 - 500kwab 251 - 500kwab 251 - 500
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
THE greatest heel in history? Uh...no. Cena will not be the greatest anything, unless you're referring to pain in the ass. He is not generating heel heat now, he's generating go away heat. Him being different isn't going to change the fact that people are sick of him.

And honestly, no, Cena ending the streak won't mean anything. Look at the shit Cena has done in his career. What would ending the streak do? Not a fucking thing. It'd just be another random accomplishment designed to get over the one person on the roster who doesn't need it and have the WWE try to push its propaganda that Cena is the all time greatest.

Look at it this way. If Cena did end the Streak at WM30, let's say-he'd be about 2 weeks shy of his 37th birthday. Why on earth would you waste one of the greatest achievements that you've built up for a decade on a guy whose best years are behind him and is rapidly approaching the age of retirement? It would be like giving an over the hill hockey player a 15 million dollar contract for one season. Invest in someone young. That's what the Fed needs to do. Use the streak to get over someone young now so that come 5 years from now, there will be a face of the company who can sustain and carry them when Cena is gone. Right now, they've done dick all to set up their future. And now there's talk about giving him another accomplishment that he doesn't need, that will do absolutely nothing for his career and will be wasted on a guy who is past his prime. Now, were this Randy Orton circa 2004, Rock circa 1998 or Brock Lesnar circa 2003 (24, 26 and 24 respectively), and they were competing today, THOSE are the kinds of guys who would be worth breaking the streak for because they're young and you could get a bunch of mileage out of them. The way it is right now, they may as well bring Hogan back and end it, it would make about as much sense.

This is the perfect opportunity to build up a future mega star, and wasting it on someone who basically has every other accomplishment known to man is incredibly idiotic. You're talking what...maybe 5 years of worth you might get out of Cena, whereas if it was someone such as Ambrose (27), Seth Rollins (26) or Roman Reigns (27), you'd be getting 15+ years of stardom. Those are just a few examples. Clearly, someone young is the best choice.
That is all that needs to be said. Cena should be the LAST choice to end the Streak.

I'd love it if one of the Shield members are given, say, 2 yrs of build-up to WM 31 and let them end it. Even though he may be the rawest one, I could see Roman Reigns doing it.
__________________
Live Shows Attended
10 - Pay-Per-View - WrestleMania 2000, No Way Out '01, Judgment Day '01, SummerSlam '01, Vengeance '01, Royal Rumble '05, WrestleMania 21, WrestleMania XXVI, WrestleMania XXVIII, Royal Rumble '13, WrestleMania XXX...
11 - Monday Night Raw - 7/27/98, 9/13/99, 4/3/00, 10/09/00, 8/06/01, 9/23/02, 3/24/03, 7/21/03, 8/23/04, 4/4/05, 3/15/10, 4/7/13...
5 - SmackDown - 11/30/99, 3/13/01, 8/07/01, 3/25/03, 6/03/03...
5 - House Show - 6/30/94, 7/29/94, 7/17/99, 7/08/00, 1/06/01...

All-Time - Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, Jake Roberts, Kurt Angle, Steve Austin, Brutus Beefcake, Demolition, CM Punk, Randy Savage, D-X (1998-99)
Currently Marking For - CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Antonio Cesaro, The SHIELD, Wyatt Family
kwab is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #86 (permalink)
Charismatic Enigma
 
Even.Flow.NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,093
Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000Even.Flow.NYC 1501 - 2000
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Cenas already heel in my eyes. If Cena ends it he'd have to "turn" heel" because if he ended it as a "face" i swear to god it'd be the most cringeworthy shit ever. EVER
__________________
Quote:
IWC

Everyone's a cynic, no-one will enjoy wrestling, they're too busy
pointing out what "sucks".
Dream match: Jeff Hardy v.s Christian - Please happen again someday in the near future
Even.Flow.NYC is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #87 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Roho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Adirondacks
Posts: 617
Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwab View Post
That is all that needs to be said. Cena should be the LAST choice to end the Streak.

I'd love it if one of the Shield members are given, say, 2 yrs of build-up to WM 31 and let them end it. Even though he may be the rawest one, I could see Roman Reigns doing it.
LMAO at any of the Shield guys being more credible to end the streak than John Cena.
Roho is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #88 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 608
savemefromvince 101 - 250savemefromvince 101 - 250
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

you know, i want to see this. the product is so bland.. undertaker could beat cena at wm 31. then call it a career. everyone will forever respect the undertaker.. 900 years from now people will talk about him. this won't "destroy ratings" like OP said.. but it would be alot better. Cena will never turn heel.. unless there's someone with a clean image that can sell bright colored clothing to kids.
savemefromvince is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #89 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,830
THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME 501 - 1000THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME 501 - 1000THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME 501 - 1000THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME 501 - 1000THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME 501 - 1000THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME 501 - 1000THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME 501 - 1000
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roho View Post
LMAO at any of the Shield guys being more credible to end the streak than John Cena.
It's more about creating a mega star for the next 15 years or so than being a credible threat to the streak. The Shield members are in their mid-20s, So i could see them staying around for a long time.
THE BWO HAVE POSSESSION OF ME is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #90 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Roho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Adirondacks
Posts: 617
Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000Roho 501 - 1000
Default Re: If Cena ends the streak and turns heel, will it be worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATAntics View Post
It's more about creating a mega star for the next 15 years or so than being a credible threat to the streak. The Shield members are in their mid-20s, So i could see them staying around for a long time.
I agree that they will be around for a while, but it remains to be seen whether or not they can be made into megastars.

Much to the dismay of the IWC, if any of those 3 are going to be megastars, then they need to repackage their gimmick and get over with the casual fans AKA Cena Crowd. There have only been 3 megastars in the last 15 years (Austin, Rock, Cena) so it's going to take someone special to be the 4th and someone REALLY special to end the streak.
Roho is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios