Aussies Going To WM31 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
 
Aussies Going To WM31

Any other Aussies flying over for WM31? It can be difficult to live the dream, if you have no idea of the process of how to get there. Questions on Travel Packages, flights, sights, etc, post them here and we can make things easier for everyone.

I flew to WM27 with 2 friends, and only did the Fri-Tues thing on the Silver Package. Not a single regret at all. In fact, when we landed back in Australia, we said with all that we had seen and done in those 5 days, it felt more like 10 days.

For WM29, I was with 3 friends on a Silver Package, we spent 2 weeks in NY and saw many of the sights and felt the buzz of being in The Big Apple.

Both WM trips have been worth every bit of time, savings and research I've put into them. No regrets at all.

While the wrestling stuff is the focus, seeing the sights, museums, history and culture of the host city means just as much. We are planning on spending 2-3 weeks in California, going to many of the theme parks in various cities, and maybe a day trip to Tijuana from San Diego.

Any other Aussies have plans yet?
Rayth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Genesis187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
   
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

I'll be going to my third straight from Aus.

Plans for WM31 so far are spending Sat - Thursday in San Francisco, then hopping the Caltrain down to San Jose for all the WM stuff.

Hotels all booked, just waiting on the right time regarding flights.

Twitter - @adnyana179

Attended WrestleMania 29 / HOF / RAW
Attended WrestleMania 30 / HOF / RAW
Attending Wrestlemania 31 / HOF / RAW

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/hurricane179/escososa_zps1cc4bdf4.png
Genesis187 is online now  
post #3 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 05:46 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

Will be heading over for the epic trip. Extremely nervous and unsure on how to get these packages and would live to organise the weekend with a group if possible. Any help would be great!

Hoping to get in the rows 5-12 category do it all big and right for possibly our only Mania.
MRCB12 is offline  
post #4 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 06:16 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Genesis187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
   
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCB12 View Post
Will be heading over for the epic trip. Extremely nervous and unsure on how to get these packages and would live to organise the weekend with a group if possible. Any help would be great!

Hoping to get in the rows 5-12 category do it all big and right for possibly our only Mania.
I'd think the rows 1-4 are the best for packages, 5-12 you could be disadvantages since there is no elevation in the seating so your view might be impaired by others.

Packages will go on sale usually in August and expect the official WM31 thread to be flooding with info, presale codes and the like.

Twitter - @adnyana179

Attended WrestleMania 29 / HOF / RAW
Attended WrestleMania 30 / HOF / RAW
Attending Wrestlemania 31 / HOF / RAW

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/hurricane179/escososa_zps1cc4bdf4.png
Genesis187 is online now  
post #5 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
 
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis187 View Post
I'll be going to my third straight from Aus.

Plans for WM31 so far are spending Sat - Thursday in San Francisco, then hopping the Caltrain down to San Jose for all the WM stuff.

Hotels all booked, just waiting on the right time regarding flights.
3 years running, that's a big effort, but it shows your commitment to the cause, well done. You must have to save like a demon once you've come back from a WM, to do all it again the year after.I didn't go to WM30, what was New Orleans like as a city? And were the venues for Axxess, HOF, WM and Raw better planned than what they were for the hugely time consuming WM29?


I've thought about going every year, but there are so many other places in the world that I want to see, so I'm going every 2nd year. If 33 is Philly, then I'd say I'm going. Could see Philly, Washington and New York in one hit.
Rayth is offline  
post #6 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

I'll be going to my second one, WM30 was such an awesome experience I can't wait to do it again! Will be travelling with my wife but going to the event itself on my own, would love to get a group of us happening if possible!
CGJ77 is offline  
post #7 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 08:13 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Genesis187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
   
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
3 years running, that's a big effort, but it shows your commitment to the cause, well done. You must have to save like a demon once you've come back from a WM, to do all it again the year after.I didn't go to WM30, what was New Orleans like as a city? And were the venues for Axxess, HOF, WM and Raw better planned than what they were for the hugely time consuming WM29?


I've thought about going every year, but there are so many other places in the world that I want to see, so I'm going every 2nd year. If 33 is Philly, then I'd say I'm going. Could see Philly, Washington and New York in one hit.
My current study and work timetable fits perfectly for WM week. New Orleans was amazing as a host city, everything like restaurants, bars, the venues etc were so close and the atmosphere I think will never be matched anywhere else as a result.

Twitter - @adnyana179

Attended WrestleMania 29 / HOF / RAW
Attended WrestleMania 30 / HOF / RAW
Attending Wrestlemania 31 / HOF / RAW

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/hurricane179/escososa_zps1cc4bdf4.png

Last edited by Genesis187; 07-14-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Genesis187 is online now  
post #8 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
kwillcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis187 View Post
New Orleans was amazing as a host city, everything like restaurants, bars, the venues etc were so close and the atmosphere I think will never be matched anywhere else as a result.
Agree with you, New Orleans was AMAZING. Ive been to wm26 & wm30 and 30 was definitely the best thing i have ever done. Great that everything was in walking distance, cool to see all the fans walking around the city too, almost everyone had a wrestling shirt
kwillcox is offline  
post #9 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
 
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillcox View Post
Agree with you, New Orleans was AMAZING. Ive been to wm26 & wm30 and 30 was definitely the best thing i have ever done. Great that everything was in walking distance, cool to see all the fans walking around the city too, almost everyone had a wrestling shirt
Yeah, that's one of the things I like, you see fans in shirts, and they are from so many countries. Interesting to chat and see where they are from, if they've been before, etc.

And the city itself, when you see the banners around town, the buses with WM posters, and even running into the odd wrestler as you walk the city, you realise this is exactly where you want to be.

Packages can't be too far away from being announced. I'm hoping WWE get through Battle Ground, then give us the package details.
Rayth is offline  
post #10 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
 
Re: Aussies Going To WM31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGJ77 View Post
I'll be going to my second one, WM30 was such an awesome experience I can't wait to do it again! Will be travelling with my wife but going to the event itself on my own, would love to get a group of us happening if possible!
Just keep checking in, and when packages go on sale, I'm sure the chat here will pick up and we'll all be able to help each other with everything, including meeting up if schedules permit.
Rayth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome