Scrap Elimination Chamber, Battleground, Hell in a Cell, Extreme Rules, and TLC. Still don't know why they have PPV's named after gimmick matches and they only have 1 or 2 matches of that type on the entire card...
Bring back Armageddon, King of the Ring, Backlash, No Way Out, and Unforgiven.
I would love if they brought back King of the Ring. Not the later versions where only the finals took place, but the entire thing (save for the qualifiers, I guess). That was always one of the PPVs I enjoyed most.
I also wish they would bring back a couple of WCW's PPVs as well. I especially liked the themed ones where they were on a beach, or in the middle of Sturgis.
I think EC and HIAC have to go. The Elimination Chamber should be the end all end all to your top 6 guys involved in deep feuds going for the title. They should have like 1 elimination chamber match every 18 months at a max.
Unique once a year gimmick matches:
- Royal Rumble
- Survivor Series (though has been poorly used in recent years)
- Hell in a Cell
- Money in the Bank
- Elimination Chamber
- Night of Champions (not a gimmick match, but the only PPV that promises all title matches possible)
"Big" PPVs simply because they are built as big PPVs:
No clear reason why it's a PPV:
- Extreme Rules (matches not unique to this particular PPV)
- TLC (matches not unique to this particular PPV)
- Payback/Vengeance/Backlash (generic post-WM PPV)
Old PPVs that fit in the first category:
- King of the Ring (please bring back)
- Bragging Rights (gimmick no longer possible)
- Breaking Point (stupid)
- I'd like to see an outdoor PPV brought back for the summer.