WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II - Page 63 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 07-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #621 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 275
blackett 50 - 100
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Guys, Dallas can be amazing, the trick is...stay in Fort Worth, not Downtown Dallas!

They have the worlds biggest honkey tonk bar called Billy Bob's and honestly, it's unreal! Dallas can be out of this world, just do it smart and don't stay downtown Dallas!

Anyway, San Jose/San Fran will be great, just really be sure to consider your location vs. experience. It might be great being a 5 min walk away from Levi's stadium, but consider that if you're staying there for a week plus, you might want to go for somewhere better for things to do rather than be placed well for a one night event.

Been a while to this forum, but can't wait for mania next year lads and lasses!
blackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #622 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 130
Mariners4Life 50 - 100
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackett View Post
Guys, Dallas can be amazing, the trick is...stay in Fort Worth, not Downtown Dallas!

They have the worlds biggest honkey tonk bar called Billy Bob's and honestly, it's unreal! Dallas can be out of this world, just do it smart and don't stay downtown Dallas!

Anyway, San Jose/San Fran will be great, just really be sure to consider your location vs. experience. It might be great being a 5 min walk away from Levi's stadium, but consider that if you're staying there for a week plus, you might want to go for somewhere better for things to do rather than be placed well for a one night event.

Been a while to this forum, but can't wait for mania next year lads and lasses!

I figure downtown Dallas will be chaos and likely gotta pay for parking at hotels.
Mariners4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #623 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 275
blackett 50 - 100
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
I figure downtown Dallas will be chaos and likely gotta pay for parking at hotels.
I went last year and stayed at the Crowne Plaze. Honestly, everytime we walked out the hotel we either got begged on, or someone would try and mug us. Crazy experience but the cops told us to just act like a meathead and they would jog on, lol.

Honestly, it takes close to 45 mins to get to Cowboys stadium from downtown Dallas and Fort Worth, which is right beside Cowboy stadium, is AMAZING.
blackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #624 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Shaska Whatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Paul Jones Army
Posts: 826
Shaska Whatley 101 - 250Shaska Whatley 101 - 250
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackett View Post
I went last year and stayed at the Crowne Plaze. Honestly, everytime we walked out the hotel we either got begged on, or someone would try and mug us. Crazy experience but the cops told us to just act like a meathead and they would jog on, lol.

Honestly, it takes close to 45 mins to get to Cowboys stadium from downtown Dallas and Fort Worth, which is right beside Cowboy stadium, is AMAZING.
Now, if you are doing the entire weekend, you will have to go to Downtown Dallas for RAW, the HoF and Axxess. Considering I want to stay at the Gaylord Texan, the drive wouldn't be a difference to me. However, the hour drive from Forth Worth to Downtown Dallas could turn some people off.
__________________

WrestleMania weekend

23 - 30 - 31
SummerSlam
93-96
Survivor Series
99, 05
Night of Champions
13
In Your House
#3-Sep. 95
Vengence
02
Saturday Night's Main Event
#32-Mar. 06
RAW
6/97 - Cobo
9/98, 4/99 - JLA
4/14 - NO Arena
4/15 - SAP Center
Smackdown
5/00, 7/06- JLA
Heat
8/99 - JLA
WWF House Show
2/95, 12/95, 2/97 - The Palace
6/96 - JLA
Haloween Havoc
94-95
Nitro
8/97 - The Palace
WCW House Show
2/95 - Cobo
Bound For Glory
06
First ever TNA House Show
03/06 - Compuware
Shaska Whatley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #625 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
seaside96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Blackpool
Posts: 97
seaside96 50 - 100
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre103us View Post
All in San Jose: Hampton Inn Tully Road (which is where I will probably stay), Wyndham Garden near the airport and The Extended Stay America Downtown. I figure I'll split the cost of renting a car with one of my buddies (not happy about needing to rent a car, as the CalTrain doesn't seem to run all the time like Philly or NYC trains). But given that I'll be spending the bare minimum for tickets to the events and I won't be out drinking alcohol out of fish bowls every night, my $1,000 figure should be doable.
I've booked the Hampton on Tulley for 3 of us. Was thinking about a taxi to and from the stadium, as I'm sure we'll all want a beer or 6 for Mania! I know the Taxi will probably cost around $45 but split 3 ways, it ain't much!
seaside96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #626 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 130
Mariners4Life 50 - 100
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaska Whatley View Post
Now, if you are doing the entire weekend, you will have to go to Downtown Dallas for RAW, the HoF and Axxess. Considering I want to stay at the Gaylord Texan, the drive wouldn't be a difference to me. However, the hour drive from Forth Worth to Downtown Dallas could turn some people off.
Im going to try to find something in the middle outside downtown..will depend on hotel prices
Mariners4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #627 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Shaska Whatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Paul Jones Army
Posts: 826
Shaska Whatley 101 - 250Shaska Whatley 101 - 250
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
Im going to try to find something in the middle outside downtown..will depend on hotel prices
Check the WrestleMania 32 thread.
__________________

WrestleMania weekend

23 - 30 - 31
SummerSlam
93-96
Survivor Series
99, 05
Night of Champions
13
In Your House
#3-Sep. 95
Vengence
02
Saturday Night's Main Event
#32-Mar. 06
RAW
6/97 - Cobo
9/98, 4/99 - JLA
4/14 - NO Arena
4/15 - SAP Center
Smackdown
5/00, 7/06- JLA
Heat
8/99 - JLA
WWF House Show
2/95, 12/95, 2/97 - The Palace
6/96 - JLA
Haloween Havoc
94-95
Nitro
8/97 - The Palace
WCW House Show
2/95 - Cobo
Bound For Glory
06
First ever TNA House Show
03/06 - Compuware
Shaska Whatley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #628 (permalink)
Will Always be a Snit Head
 
TaylorFitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 14,998
TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000TaylorFitz 20501 - 21000
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

For Dallas I can rent a car without being financially raped because of my age so that should be a much better experience.

This year seems really annoying and being 24 for it is just an added cost that I don't want to deal with.
TaylorFitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #629 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 3
amylouise90 50 - 100
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Does anyone have any idea when the packages are going on sale? Sorry if it's already been asked/answered! ☺ x
amylouise90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #630 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Shaska Whatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Paul Jones Army
Posts: 826
Shaska Whatley 101 - 250Shaska Whatley 101 - 250
Default Re: WrestleMania 31 - The Ultimate Travel Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylouise90 View Post
Does anyone have any idea when the packages are going on sale? Sorry if it's already been asked/answered! ☺ x
WIthin the next month.

Will be announced on WWE.com
__________________

WrestleMania weekend

23 - 30 - 31
SummerSlam
93-96
Survivor Series
99, 05
Night of Champions
13
In Your House
#3-Sep. 95
Vengence
02
Saturday Night's Main Event
#32-Mar. 06
RAW
6/97 - Cobo
9/98, 4/99 - JLA
4/14 - NO Arena
4/15 - SAP Center
Smackdown
5/00, 7/06- JLA
Heat
8/99 - JLA
WWF House Show
2/95, 12/95, 2/97 - The Palace
6/96 - JLA
Haloween Havoc
94-95
Nitro
8/97 - The Palace
WCW House Show
2/95 - Cobo
Bound For Glory
06
First ever TNA House Show
03/06 - Compuware
Shaska Whatley is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios