Heel Turn on James Ellsworth
Join Date: Jan 2010
Bryan should wrestle *TWICE* at Mania. vs HHH, and for Title.
WWE won't appease the crowd unless Bryan wins the Title at mania. How about this scenario?
HHH screws Bryan out of EC...this leads to a Bryan/HHH program for mania. But it's not good enough. Fans want Bryan to go for the title (and i think he should WIN title at mania, not defend it by walking in as champ, as it's not where the money is).
So throughout the HHH/Bryan program leading into mania, the following stipulations are put in:
- if HHH wins, Bryan doesn't get another WWE Title match for the rest of 2014. BUT...he can compete in the rumble next year(since he thinks he'd have done so good at it) and try to earn a shot then, like a "solid B+ player).
- If Bryan beats HHH? Bryan gets added to the Orton/Batista match later in the evening, and it turns into a triple threat for the WWE Title.
- Bring in HBK as special guest referee. HBK is perfect here - he already screwed Bryan in the fall, and is best friends with HHH...so no one would know whose side he's on. In the end though, Bryan wins when HBK refuses to let HHH cheat.
- Bryan goes on to be included in the main event at mania - and wins the title by beating Orton/Batista in a triple threat.
This is how you make the BEST of a shitty situation. I expect a few objections to this scenario,so here is how I adress them:
- Bryan pulling double duty won't devalue the WWE title matc. His whole gimmick is about being a fighter, and fighting more than once a night (he said it on RAW this week). Plus, he's in a triple threat match, not 1vs1 match for title, so he won't look too strong by beating HHH and then beating someone else 1v1. And obviously, i don't think anyone would question Bryan being a good enough actual performer in-ring to be able to pull this off.
- Bryan getting a title shot at the next ppv in his hometown instead of at the actual WM event is also not good enough. Crowd would still shit all over the Orton/Batista match, which WWE shouldn't want.