Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
       
Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

Now that he has turned face, there are two things I believe Alberto Del Rio needs to change in order to make his face turn successful.

#1: His Theme Music

Since his debut, Del Rio has been a heel. Since his debut, Del Rio has used the same theme music. So, his current music is pretty much a fabric of his heel character. But he is no longer the rich, pompous aristocrat anymore. He is now a face. I'm not sure how "good" he will act, b/c he's only acted face while coming to the defense of Ricardo. But nonetheless he is a face. To me, he needs a new theme to along w/ his character change. Something a little more edgy. Something a little more rock n' roll. The best theme songs you can rock out to even when you are not watching the show.

To start out, before the music we hear,

"My Name...Is Alberto...Del Rio!"

Like his old promos. If you don't know what I mean, it's the same thing as "Yo, It's Me, It's Me, It's D.D.P!"

And then, his music hits. I honestly don't know what would be a good new song for him. Maybe something like his current theme, just more rock and edgier. Anyone got any examples?

#2: His In Ring Style

Like his theme music, Alberto has worked the same style since his debut. Working over the arm, quick strikes, and finishing opponents off w/ the Cross Arm Breaker. IMO, he needs to modify his style. Slowing the match down, methodically working over the arm; that is something a heel does. Here is how a normal match (except for a squash) goes.

1. Face and Heel evenly matched in the beginning.
2. Face takes control.
3. Heel hits big move to turn the tide.
4. Heel dominates the middle portion of the match.
5. Face Comeback

The rest depends on who the winner is meant to be, but you get the drift. Alberto's current offense is more of a heel oriented offense. Again he doesn't, need to change his style completely, just modify it.

For example, add more strikes and cut down on working on the arm. Seriously, if you've ever watched an ADR match, he gives some of the stiffest kicks ever. The sound that comes when his boot meets flesh is amazing. Using more high impact moves would help. Another finisher would be my final request. He could still keep the Cross Arm Breaker, but a finishing move would be better for his face new character. Maybe the Low Level Super Kick he has been using.

TD Stinger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
Now that he has turned face, there are two things I believe Alberto Del Rio needs to change in order to make his face turn successful.

#1: His Theme Music

Since his debut, Del Rio has been a heel. Since his debut, Del Rio has used the same theme music. So, his current music is pretty much a fabric of his heel character. But he is no longer the rich, pompous aristocrat anymore. He is now a face. I'm not sure how "good" he will act, b/c he's only acted face while coming to the defense of Ricardo. But nonetheless he is a face. To me, he needs a new theme to along w/ his character change. Something a little more edgy. Something a little more rock n' roll. The best theme songs you can rock out to even when you are not watching the show.

To start out, before the music we hear,

"My Name...Is Alberto...Del Rio!"

Like his old promos. If you don't know what I mean, it's the same thing as "Yo, It's Me, It's Me, It's D.D.P!"

And then, his music hits. I honestly don't know what would be a good new song for him. Maybe something like his current theme, just more rock and edgier. Anyone got any examples?

#2: His In Ring Style

Like his theme music, Alberto has worked the same style since his debut. Working over the arm, quick strikes, and finishing opponents off w/ the Cross Arm Breaker. IMO, he needs to modify his style. Slowing the match down, methodically working over the arm; that is something a heel does. Here is how a normal match (except for a squash) goes.

1. Face and Heel evenly matched in the beginning.
2. Face takes control.
3. Heel hits big move to turn the tide.
4. Heel dominates the middle portion of the match.
5. Face Comeback

The rest depends on who the winner is meant to be, but you get the drift. Alberto's current offense is more of a heel oriented offense. Again he doesn't, need to change his style completely, just modify it.

For example, add more strikes and cut down on working on the arm. Seriously, if you've ever watched an ADR match, he gives some of the stiffest kicks ever. The sound that comes when his boot meets flesh is amazing. Using more high impact moves would help. Another finisher would be my final request. He could still keep the Cross Arm Breaker, but a finishing move would be better for his face new character. Maybe the Low Level Super Kick he has been using.
You want an edgy rock song as del rio's enterance? What's wrong with you? If they HAVE to change it, it should be something upbeat like they play on the spanish radio station.
Chi Town Punk is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
DEVON WORLD ORDER
 
MISTER. WINNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Where bitches on my dick because I look like Jesus
Posts: 19,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

He doesn't need his theme changed. One of the things that suck about WWE is that the themes have become similar, generic, bland, and unrecognizable (see Rhodes, Ziggler, Barrett, Otunga, Miz). Very few stand out like Punk's or Cena's or Orton's. ADR is also one of them. His theme is what defines him as a character. Tweak a bit here and there but don't fully change it, there is no need.

Also, his in ring style is what gets him over with the crowd. He has some of the best kicks and strikes in the business today and his set of submissions are pretty impressive. Again, keep it.

MISTER. WINNING is offline  
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
Eulonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: I'M FROM WINNIPEG, YOU IDIOT!
Posts: 8,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

I prefer the current name thing than the "MY NAME IS ALBERTO.. DELL RIOO!!! But you already know that!" because the old way they did it reminded me so much of Armando Estrada's name thing - and I'm the biggest Armando Estrada mark of all time so I didn't like that. And not to mention Alberto Del Rio sounds similar to Armando's name (minus the last name). In fact, sometimes I drown out the announcer and go "ARMANDO.. ALEJANDRO... DEL RRIOOO!!!"

As for the music, I think that music is fine whether he's a babyface or a heel. But yes, most babyfaces right now have rock or rock-ish theme songs, so maybe Jim Johnston could produce a rock version of his current theme for his next theme? That'd be a great idea. But then again, it's just theme music, it doesn't matter that much to me although I actively listen to some wrestlers music even when they're not playing via the shows (Dolphs, Codys, etc)l

Eulonzo is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Here To Show The World.
 
Phantomdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Portsmouth, England.
Posts: 1,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                 
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

Funny how people see different things. Personally I think his theme and in ring work are the only good things about Del Rio. What he needs to work on is seriously improve his mic skills and engage with the audience a bit more, expand his character as well because that like his mic skills is very one dimensional.


Last edited by Phantomdreamer; 01-10-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Phantomdreamer is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Zach Gowen's Leg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

He should use this


Zach Gowen's Leg is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
Eulonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: I'M FROM WINNIPEG, YOU IDIOT!
Posts: 8,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

His mic skills are decent, obviously they could be a bit better. Because most of these cuban/mexican wrestlers, especially heel ones, should be charismatic and obnoxious on the mic. But in a good way.

Armando Estrada obviously isn't cuban, he's from Chicago, but you can't deny how awesome, charismatic, obnoxious, and funny he was on the mic. He could annoy you, make you laugh, and piss you off as well.

Eulonzo is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
LeapingLannyPoffo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

I disagree. His theme is instantly recognizable and doesn't sound generic... unlike most of the roster.

Seabs is a retrard
LeapingLannyPoffo is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
       
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk's #1 Fan View Post
You want an edgy rock song as del rio's enterance? What's wrong with you? If they HAVE to change it, it should be something upbeat like they play on the spanish radio station.
Quote:
Maybe something like his current theme, just more rock and edgier.
Did you see that part?

TD Stinger is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM
''The Tone''
 
Kuchiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Mainframe
Posts: 1,486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Two Things Alberto Del Rio Needs To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winning One™ View Post
He doesn't need his theme changed. One of the things that suck about WWE is that the themes have become similar, generic, bland, and unrecognizable (see Rhodes, Ziggler, Barrett, Otunga, Miz). Very few stand out like Punk's or Cena's or Orton's. ADR is also one of them. His theme is what defines him as a character. Tweak a bit here and there but don't fully change it, there is no need.
I partially agree that he doesn't need his theme changed, but I don't understand the rest of this. What you may find interesting is that, among my friends, it's Ziggler, Otunga, Rhodes and Del Rio's theme that is favoured and mentioned by the ones who watch/care about wrestling the least, and immitated and joked upon by us in the group who watch it the most.

I find it amazingly bizarre that you've picked themes that seem to stand out the most and label them as generic.

Personally, I don't find many of the current themes generic. Many of the ones that matter the most just do not seem fresh enough anymore, counteractively, nothing ever "seems" to change now, because of their motions, entrances, results etc... and when it does... it's up for massive critical debate. After like what, 8 years, you're surprised that Cena's theme stands out? I think it's for the wrong reasons.





Consequences...
Kuchiki is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome