Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Asenath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

I actually loved 3 Count. This is a point in their favor.
Asenath is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomdreamer View Post
The way to make money is for the heel to get as much heat as possible and then have the face kick the shit out of them and win. That is the point, people will pay to see this guy get beat up and lose. He is doing his job brilliantly if you look at it that way. That being said, Slater sucks.
No, they will not. If you put Heath Slater in main events, PPV buys will plummet. There's 2 types of heels, heels who get heat because they're great at what they do, they can perform and engage an audience and get people to pay to see them get beat up. Then there's the other type, heels who make people tune out in droves because they're flat out useless, annoying and people don't care about them losing as much as them just getting off tv. The former is Jericho, CM Punk, Vince, Triple H, Eddie Guerrero, etc, I could go on. The latter is Heath Slater, Vickie Guerrero, Jack Swagger, etc. It's like when a bad singer gets booed on one of those shitty singer competitions, they're getting booed because they fucking suck and nobody wants them around.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:

Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #113 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
My Name Is God (I Hate You)
 
SPROUTS BUCKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tits
Posts: 7,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

'The Band'? What was wrong with 'Encore'? Oh well, at least they have a proper name now.

"Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango!"
SPROUTS BUCKET is offline  
post #114 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
ZOMBO
 
Keibler Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asenath View Post
I actually loved 3 Count. This is a point in their favor.
To try finding even one person who didn't love 3 Count is pure folly.





SIGN UP for The Debate League TODAY! Click Below:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/debate...up-thread.html
Keibler Elf is offline  
post #115 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
N-Zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

They were pretty hilarious in their segment on Smackdown. Now they need matching glam rock gear or something. Give them some instruments to use as weapons too.

If you're gonna call these guys a band, go all the way with it WWE. Gimmick them the fuck up.

N-Zone is offline  
post #116 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

The band...? Should have called them Misfits. I doubt they will last long. There just doesn't seem to be a point to it, other than them being a time filler.
FIREW0LF is offline  
post #117 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
RAWHEADREX99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Down the road from my local Tesco
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Zone View Post
They were pretty hilarious in their segment on Smackdown. Now they need matching glam rock gear or something. Give them some instruments to use as weapons too.

If you're gonna call these guys a band, go all the way with it WWE. Gimmick them the fuck up.
Agreed that segment was hilarious, the three of them rocking out was awesome, never thought I'd see Mcintyre and Mahal look so good at air geeeeeetar!

Overall Santino and Ryder was a perfect match up....all for fun and one for all

Haven't had so much fun watching SD like this in a while....awesome!

The Band baby yeaaah!

RAWHEADREX99 is offline  
post #118 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Taker-Tribute-Act's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
No, they will not. If you put Heath Slater in main events, PPV buys will plummet. There's 2 types of heels, heels who get heat because they're great at what they do, they can perform and engage an audience and get people to pay to see them get beat up. Then there's the other type, heels who make people tune out in droves because they're flat out useless, annoying and people don't care about them losing as much as them just getting off tv. The former is Jericho, CM Punk, Vince, Triple H, Eddie Guerrero, etc, I could go on. The latter is Heath Slater, Vickie Guerrero, Jack Swagger, etc. It's like when a bad singer gets booed on one of those shitty singer competitions, they're getting booed because they fucking suck and nobody wants them around.
Oh how I laugh. Vickie has been a fantastic heel manager/gm. She's consistently drawn more heat for herself and her clients since coming into the business than anyone in a long time. That's her job, regrdless of how she does it. Dropping her name in with Swagger and Slater is a total oversight.
Taker-Tribute-Act is offline  
post #119 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
DisturbedOne98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,763
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

Jinder Mahal totally needs this though. He needs to break out of his angry foreigner gimmick shell and add a whole lot of color. Whether this stable works out or not, this should help him at least.

He should be the Indian version of BxB Hulk. We need some Bollywood female dancers!

The King of Kings
DisturbedOne98 is offline  
post #120 of 400 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Slater, Mahal & McIntyre Faction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedOne98 View Post
Jinder Mahal totally needs this though. He needs to break out of his angry foreigner gimmick shell and add a whole lot of color. Whether this stable works out or not, this should help him at least.

He should be the Indian version of BxB Hulk. We need some Bollywood female dancers!
Agreed. Mahal doing ANYTHING other than the "I hate America" foreign heel is worth a shot. It's also good for Drew, since he needed to do SOMETHING different (and actually be given time to do it). Slater's just being Slater, but that works for him.
TheSupremeForce is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome