Team Rhodes Scholars - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 120 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seville, Andalusia, Spain
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

What's exactly the point of the tag team? Supposedly Rhodes is almost as cultivated as Sandow and because of that both are on the same page?
Interceptor88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 120 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Searching for a new identity
 
1andOnlyDobz!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cymru
Posts: 5,530
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

I like both of these guys but am honestly surprised to see this thread reach it's 10th page. Kudos I guess. Either way, this has short-term written all over it. They won't be affected by the 'tag split curse' for 2 reasons: Firstly, they're not a legit tag team. Secondly, both are at completely different points in their careers.


1andOnlyDobz! is online now  
post #93 of 120 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
DoubleDeckerBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
They won't last that long, and tbh that's a good thing since it doesn't really help either one of them to be in a tag team. Sandow is a good personality by himself, and Rhodes needs to get back into the IC title picture.

Tyrion, btw, Rhodes will be the bitch of the duo. I think it's already established if you consider how poorly they've been pushing Rhodes lately. Sandow stands out more than Rhodes already (while solo), so it'd make less sense for him to take the losses (never been pinned) or end up taking the blame for failures. Rhodes' character has pretty much already been built to take punishment and get made fun of.
Not really, Sandow took like 20 chair shots on SD last week, Rhodes took one. They came out to Rhodes music this week and Rhodes got the pin. So far they've made Cody look like the bigger deal to be honest.

And hopefully they only take one loss, to Bryan and Kane at Hell in a Cell, and yes, Rhodes should take the pin, he gets pinned all the time so It'll hurt him less.

Quote:
I realise where they're going and that WWE will push Roman Reigns straight to the top. However for me, Dean Ambrose is by far the most talented in that group and I think eventually if they just give him the spotlight then he's going to shine. As soon as he touches a mic everyone else can just sit down as he's magic on it. So It remains to be seen, I think they're all talented but to me Dean was the star of that group. I think Roman looks like the star of that group but I don't think he's nearly as talented as Dean.


- Batista
DoubleDeckerBar is offline  
post #94 of 120 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Quote:
It IS a bad thing. No, he's not a failure but only because he FINALLY got his moment with winning the world title. He would never have been given that opportunity if Edge's career wasn't cut short by doctor's orders. Never in a million years, it was a pure sympathy push to make Edge happy because he had to retire.

Until Extreme Rules 2011, he was a complete failure, a complete, midcard, minor league failure. And I fucking love Christian but the truth is what it is. If you haven't had the world title, you're nothing, your career has no merit and I won't accept Sandow as nothing.

There are LEGENDS who have never been the WWE Champion. This attitude is the reason why all the other belts have been devalued over the years. If people didn't think like this, WWE would've never created a second World Title and handed out title reigns like candy. The IC and U.S. Titles might still be booked to mean something if people stopped thinking like this.
TempestH is offline  
post #95 of 120 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
   
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Lovin it and hope they stay together for awhile


Ryback fan since day one.

ON STRIKE TIL RYBACK GETS PUSHED TO THE MOON
Top 5:
1)Bray Wyatt
2)Dean Ambrose
3)Ryback
4)Dolph Ziggler
5)Luke Harper
6)Bo Dallas
THA_WRESTER is offline  
post #96 of 120 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Roydabest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
There are LEGENDS who have never been the WWE Champion. This attitude is the reason why all the other belts have been devalued over the years. If people didn't think like this, WWE would've never created a second World Title and handed out title reigns like candy. The IC and U.S. Titles might still be booked to mean something if people stopped thinking like this.
WTH? Are you trying to tell us that the minority on this forum, who actually give a shit about the championships, are at fault in the title devaluation. If anything, people like you, who consider titleless wrestlers legends and don't give a shit about who is carrying the main championships, are the reason the belts are devalued.
Let me put it this way. ADR has been WWE champion. Devaluing of the title? Or valuing of ADR? I consider the WWE championship worthy on its own and anyone that gets a piece of it is instantly more valued in my eyes than someone, who never had it? How the hell does this devalue anything else than those superstars, who never win the title?

Stay on your feet! No crawling, no CHEATING!(you're too big, fella)
Listen to me when I talk to you.
NO CRAWLING!


[What entertains me needs to be in the ME
Roydabest is offline  
post #97 of 120 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

"Rhodes Scholars" makes not one bit of sense, since neither man pursued a foreign, Ivy League education. Pairing Sandow was bad for Sandow, and good for Rhodes. Right now I think Cody should be in line for a "face" turn, but that won't happen teaming with Damien Sandow. Honestly, I think if the WWE were going to pair anyone with Damien it should have been David Otunga. He is a former tag team champion himself, and that should have peaked interest from Sandow. Also, Otunga is obviously well read as he graduated from Harvard Law. You can't have a better pair than this in terms of character similarities. They should have paired Otunga, and Sandow together, and named them "The Illuminated Ones", or "The Intellects of Pain".
truk83 is offline  
post #98 of 120 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roydabest View Post
WTH? Are you trying to tell us that the minority on this forum, who actually give a shit about the championships, are at fault in the title devaluation. If anything, people like you, who consider titleless wrestlers legends and don't give a shit about who is carrying the main championships, are the reason the belts are devalued.
Let me put it this way. ADR has been WWE champion. Devaluing of the title? Or valuing of ADR? I consider the WWE championship worthy on its own and anyone that gets a piece of it is instantly more valued in my eyes than someone, who never had it? How the hell does this devalue anything else than those superstars, who never win the title?
If the company decides treat the championship like a secondary prop at any stage rather than the main one then we have a problem. In your example for instance, I say it doesn't do much for either at the current stage. Del Rio isn't a huge star despite his title wins, while the championship prop can't do much except be a centrepiece for a particular feud. If the belt ever were to be "devalued" as no longer being the "holy grail" but a convenient afterthought, I'd say it falls on company shoulders more than those of fans.

It's interesting that the Tyrion fellow appears to be so adamant in sticking to that idea of "World champion>anything else" considering he's at that point in his fandom when he can look at something and read between the lines, instead of buying kayfabe accomplishments at face value.
-Skullbone- is offline  
post #99 of 120 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
dougnums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skullbone- View Post
If the company decides treat the championship like a secondary prop at any stage rather than the main one then we have a problem. In your example for instance, I say it doesn't do much for either at the current stage. Del Rio isn't a huge star despite his title wins, while the championship prop can't do much except be a centrepiece for a particular feud. If the belt ever were to be "devalued" as no longer being the "holy grail" but a convenient afterthought, I'd say it falls on company shoulders more than those of fans.

It's interesting that the Tyrion fellow appears to be so adamant in sticking to that idea of "World champion>anything else" considering he's at that point in his fandom when he can look at something and read between the lines, instead of buying kayfabe accomplishments at face value.
It's still real to us all, damnit!
dougnums is offline  
post #100 of 120 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: The Rhodes Scholars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roydabest View Post
WTH? Are you trying to tell us that the minority on this forum, who actually give a shit about the championships, are at fault in the title devaluation. If anything, people like you, who consider titleless wrestlers legends and don't give a shit about who is carrying the main championships, are the reason the belts are devalued.
Let me put it this way. ADR has been WWE champion. Devaluing of the title? Or valuing of ADR? I consider the WWE championship worthy on its own and anyone that gets a piece of it is instantly more valued in my eyes than someone, who never had it? How the hell does this devalue anything else than those superstars, who never win the title?
John Cena has not been champion in over a year, and he's only recently begun sniffing around the title scene, yet this entire time, he's been pretty much main eventing without the belt.

I'm sure the likes of the Million Dollar Man, Roddy Piper, and Scott Hall are still looked upon fondly despite never holding the WWE Championship.

But my point is that, if people didn't think "you don't matter if you're not a World Champion" we wouldn't have the World Heavyweight Championship as a paper title. You give the belt to a young guy and say "We're really fond of your work, but we don't have faith in you to carry the company as WWE Champion, so take this belt so people will acknowledge you as a World Champion even though we didn't really give you the ball". Or as a charity belt for veterans to say "Oh, thanks for jobbing all those years, you're not good enough to be WWE Champion, but you can have this other belt instead". The IC and US Titles should be the stepping stone belts, but they've been replaced by the World Heavyweight Championship in that role just so that wrestlers can be a "World Champion" on paper, despite not getting a real chance to run with the ball.


I do believe that Sandow and Rhodes could be future World Heavyweight Champions. But it won't mean much if said World Title isn't treated with the same merit that the WWE Championship is.
TempestH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome