Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Best crowd worker since the Rock?
YES! YES! YES! 46 60.53%
NO! NO! NO! (STOP IT!) 30 39.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:31 AM
I used to be jealous of Arron Afflalo
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

He's been doing an awesome job.

I'd rather not get worked up comparing him to others though as it's pointless.



Sig: ABrown & CHAMP

Panthers - Red Sox - Nuggets

WWE Layeth The Smacketh Down
Brye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

this is why Daniel Bryan fans in the IWC are considered to be completely intolerable in every sense of the word. this is literally exactly why. you guys overrate him to scary levels and are nearly impossible to talk to.

no, he's obviously not anywhere close to the Rock, and anytime he has to say anything other than Yes and No, in a serious fashion (you know, not the MIDCARD comedy routine he is now), he sounds like he's being held at gunpoint. you can't take it serious. "I DESERVE A REMATCH" in a somewhat angry tone isn't convincing enough when you're a personal jobber for CM Punk, and whatever else main eventer he will inevitably job to. that's all he is. a midcarder, and up until his new midcard role which is exactly where he belongs, he jobbed at every single fucking PPV. his PPV record is putrid. someone once mentioned he hadn't won a single matches since Survivor Series 2010 before he beat Kane with a Kelly Kelly roll-up.

and just because it makes Bryan circlejerkers angry: Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder.

and of course, "Yes" is currently winning this poll. keep establishing that your fanbase is too annoying to bare, you're doing an excellent job of it so far.
ogorodnikov is offline  
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Jammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

OP never compared per say, he just said 'since'.
Jammy is offline  
post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 AM
I used to be jealous of Arron Afflalo
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
this is why Daniel Bryan fans in the IWC are considered to be completely intolerable in every sense of the word. this is literally exactly why. you guys overrate him to scary levels and are nearly impossible to talk to.

no, he's obviously not anywhere close to the Rock, and anytime he has to say anything other than Yes and No, in a serious fashion (you know, not the MIDCARD comedy routine he is now), he sounds like he's being held at gunpoint. you can't take it serious. "I DESERVE A REMATCH" in a somewhat angry tone isn't convincing enough when you're a personal jobber for CM Punk, and whatever else main eventer he will inevitably job to. that's all he is. a midcarder, and up until his new midcard role which is exactly where he belongs, he jobbed at every single fucking PPV. his PPV record is putrid. someone once mentioned he hadn't won a single matches since Survivor Series 2010 before he beat Kane with a Kelly Kelly roll-up.

and just because it makes Bryan circlejerkers angry: Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder. Bryan is a midcarder.

and of course, "Yes" is currently winning this poll. keep establishing that your fanbase is too annoying to bare, you're doing an excellent job of it so far.
He main evented Smackdown this week.

Your red rep suggests you're ignorant though so I'm not going to bother actually explaining why he's above the midcard because you probably won't read it.



Sig: ABrown & CHAMP

Panthers - Red Sox - Nuggets

WWE Layeth The Smacketh Down
Brye is offline  
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
no, he's obviously not anywhere close to the Rock
Quick, show me the post that compared him to the Rock.

Gogogo! I'm giddy with anticipation.


I am an All Time Great.
Stanford is offline  
post #16 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
He main evented Smackdown this week.
main eventing one Smackdown over a WHC Feud that has dragged on for what has seemed like an eternity isn't impressive. when Sheamus finds another personal jobber for him other than ADR, OR if they want to continue the ADR/Sheamus feud, everything will be back to normal.

so yes, Bryan is a midcarder.
ogorodnikov is offline  
post #17 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
                   
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprice659 View Post
Nobody has gotten a response like Rock and Austin got from the crowd since The Rock and Austin. However, I think D-Bry is on that level just a peg below. I'd compare him to early Kurt Angle, when Angle was comedic but also taken seriously in the ring, talked about the three Is, said "It's true" and had people chanting "you suck". The crowd really really loved to boo Kurt because he entertained the hell out of them and he put on great matches. He also someone pulled off being kind of goofy but intense at the same time. He made sense both as a comedic character and as a main event wrestler that you took seriously. Daniel Bryan is the same exact way and its a rare wrestler/gimmick that can pull it off.
man i loved the best years of kurt angle in the wwe and daniel bryan probably is the closest thing to that since.
Jingoro is offline  
post #18 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
main eventing one Smackdown over a WHC Feud that has dragged on for what has seemed like an eternity isn't impressive. when Sheamus finds another personal jobber for him other than ADR, OR if they want to continue the ADR/Sheamus feud, everything will be back to normal.

so yes, Bryan is a midcarder.

So basically, he's a midcarder because you say so. Thanks for your input.


I am an All Time Great.
Stanford is offline  
post #19 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
Quick, show me the post that compared him to the Rock.

Gogogo! I'm giddy with anticipation.
he's not anywhere close to the Rock in terms of working the crowd. what are you talking about? what was wrong with what i said? do you actually need me to specify what i meant, even though i was replying to the topic DIRECTLY? hahaha, good lord. talk about a sad, pathetic reach.

it's obvious what i meant. regardless, it's still a matter of Bryan fans overrating the fuck out of Bryan. the fact that you're so upset and you constantly follow me and fail so miserably at ever saying anything of merit in response shows how upset you are. so yes, keep bringing in more proof as to why Bryan fans are insufferable, you're doing a good job so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
So basically, he's a midcarder because you say so. Thanks for your input.
no, he's a midcarder because he's... on the midcard.

the fact that you have even a sliver of hope that he won't be a midcarder over Sheamus, who they value SO dearly, is fucking hilarious.

another devastating fail, stay upset.
ogorodnikov is offline  
post #20 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
                   
Re: Is Bryan the best wrestler at working the crowd since the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
main eventing one Smackdown over a WHC Feud that has dragged on for what has seemed like an eternity isn't impressive. when Sheamus finds another personal jobber for him other than ADR, OR if they want to continue the ADR/Sheamus feud, everything will be back to normal.

so yes, Bryan is a midcarder.
since when do midcarder's have an entire smackdown revolve around them? he's clearly above midcarder status. he's like in between maineventer and midcarder and his character right now is easy to write comedic stuff for. he's the best in-ring wrestler in the wwe so you can plug him into any main event and it'll work and cuz his character is what it is you can have him in secondary storylines that are funny like the one he's in now. he's versatile. sheamus has nothing except for his corny ass irish jokes that nobody likes. so while he's a main-eventer, everyone finds bryan much more interesting which is why he gets so much tv time. he's a better wrestler than sheamus and he's character is better to write for.
Jingoro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome