Wade Barrett Discussion - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:26 PM
A real SHOOTER
 
Ham and Egger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Across The Sea
Posts: 14,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Well, that was underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentonbomb View Post
I think you need to see more. Because the Chris Hero you're talking about, definitely isn't the Chris Hero I've been watching since 2007.
His criteria for what pass as good wrestling is very low. This guy marked for and still marks for guys like Anderson, Miz, Riley, and Sandrone. He doesn't care about ring ability at all.

Ham and Egger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Well, that was underwhelming.

I've seen plenty of him on the Indies, and he sucks on NXT. Nevermind the fact that I did see plenty of Indy work, why would I need to see anything other than RIGHT NOW? If he sucks RIGHT NOW, it doesn't matter what he USED to do.

Quote:
His criteria for what pass as good wrestling is very low. This guy marked for and still marks for guys like Anderson, Miz, Riley, and Sandrone. He doesn't care about ring ability at all.
Ok, so you're chewing me out about being a Kennedy fan, to a Kennedy fan, while at the same time listing Kennedy as one of your favourites.

Ughhhh.

And no, I don't. Congratulations for stating the same thing I've said a billion times before.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:


Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 09-07-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #23 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:28 PM
HE'S FAT
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Well, that was underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentonbomb View Post
You gotta be kidding me. I can tell you have never watched Chris Hero in your life.
He's completely right. Ohno is completely bland, boring, and uneventful. Nothing he's done in FCW or NXT has been interesting and because of that Barrett now has a better version of his gimmick. Ohno only has himself to blame for that. Ohno's indie work is irrelevant as he's not working the indies, he's working WWE and currently he's failing at it.

As for Barrett's debut, he got out there and dominated a match with a gimmick of a vicious heel. It was exactly what he needed to do. I think that some people have to be patient and let the storyline unfold.

Last edited by CaptainObvious; 09-07-2012 at 11:30 PM.
CaptainObvious is offline  
post #24 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
       
Re: What the F*** was that? (Wade Barrett Return)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
No, that's not the best the WWE writers could come up with. That's the best the xenophobic, anti-English dictator running the company who hates Barrett and thinks building him up to humiliate him is funny ALLOWED to be done with him.

What did you expect? It's Barrett. Vince has practically been pissing in his mouth for 2 years.
So, letting him destroy John Cena and the entire ring while leading a new faction on his very first night on the main roster is pissing in his mouth? The fact the he even bothered to promote his return is pissing in his mouth. Wow. Again he's been back for one night. Let's see where this "Wade Barrett is Open for Business" thing leads. You are way to quick to jump to ridiculous conclustions.

And, really you need to choose your words much better. In your eyes, if a guy (especially a guy you like) doesn't get pushed, the answer is "Vince hates him." Like, I've heard you say "Vince hates Christian" b/c of that 2 day title reign. I think the words you are looking for "Vince doesn't feel confident in Christian as a guy who can carry a brand or his company." But no. To you, it's "Vince hates him."

Honestly, you sound like an easily angered 8 year old child sometimes.

TD Stinger is offline  
post #25 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
NearFall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: What the F*** was that? (Wade Barrett Return)

Pyro argues that Vince is xenophobic towards the English only. He never mentions other nationalities. "English" is not a race, true, but it is a nationality, which Vince has a history of never pushing. Weather or not you can take that to be fact of xenophobia, who knows. As for Sheamus, he is Irish. McMahon is an Irish family name. Not to mention, Sheamus got a mega-push from Triple H to begin with. Irish =/= English in this case, different nationalities.

As for the return. It was underwhelming, but very good to see him back. I am not a fan of the finisher, I would prefer a boxing combo or hell, just "Winds Of Change". Especially since it takes from Kassius Ohno. The idea of not using wrestling moves was for 2 reasons:
1)To put over his boxing gimmick.
2)Tatsu is such a low jobber only a finisher is needed.



Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.
NearFall is offline  
post #26 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:31 PM
A real SHOOTER
 
Ham and Egger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Across The Sea
Posts: 14,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Well, that was underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I've seen plenty of him on the Indies, and he sucks on NXT. Nevermind the fact that I did see plenty of Indy work, why would I need to see anything other than RIGHT NOW. If he sucks RIGHT NOW, it doesn't matter what he USED to do.



Ok, so you're chewing me out about being a Kennedy fan, to a Kennedy fan, while at the same time listing Kennedy as one of your favourites.

Ughhhh.

And no, I don't. Congratulations for stating the same thing I've said a billion times before.


Good one man.

Ham and Egger is offline  
post #27 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Kling Klang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Well, that was underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe_Maverick View Post
It's Wade Barrett, underwhelming sums up his entire career so far.
This.I cannot recall a match of his that stood out.


CHAMPviaDQ
Kling Klang is offline  
post #28 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
AngryPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: What the F*** was that? (Wade Barrett Return)

Everyone is bitching way to much about this. The gimmick is fine and I'm ok with an APA style of protection that he is offering. Not everyone can be in the title picture at once....

Pwinsiderelite reported that ziggler would be cashing in soon and getting the belt. once Orton returns from filming His movie he will be chasing ziggler for the belt. That means Wade will be waiting for a while before the top of the card clears up. Why not let him fuck people up for the time being?

Also what does this mean for Hero? Nothing! he is most likely going to be in NXT for a while and what does it matter if they have a similar gimmick? Did everyone forget about Big Show's finish?

So everyone calm down
AngryPhil is offline  
post #29 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
The XL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: What the F*** was that? (Wade Barrett Return)

Pyro is right. Admittedly, I haven't seen a ton of Ohnos indy stuff, his NXT stuff has been pretty bad. His mic skills and charisma are non-existent.

Good to see Barrett back.

Fan of: Titus O'Neil, Ryback, Bad News Barrett, Mark Henry, Tyson Kidd, Christian, Paige, Layla, Alicia Fox
The XL is offline  
post #30 of 574 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Smarter Than The Average Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: What the F*** was that? (Wade Barrett Return)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I've seen plenty of him on the Indies, and he sucks on NXT. Nevermind the fact that I did see plenty of Indy work, why would I need to see anything other than RIGHT NOW? If he sucks RIGHT NOW, it doesn't matter what he USED to do.
The fuck are you talking about. You always say ring work doesn't matter and how you don't care about it, so how does Hero suck exactly? The writers are the ones writing for him, so you cannot blame Hero. And what he used to do is what got him to WWE. It most certaintly does matter and show what he's capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
He's completely right. Ohno is completely bland, boring, and uneventful. Nothing he's done in FCW or NXT has been interesting and because of that Barrett now has a better version of his gimmick. Ohno only has himself to blame for that. Ohno's indie work is irrelevant as he's not working the indies, he's working WWE and currently he's failing at it.


There literally cannot be enough of these. WWE is writing for Hero. How does he have himself to blame when he hasn't even got on TV yet? And I see you're another one of those WWE marks who say "Everything else is irrellevent" despite that being the thing that got him here in the first place. So much ignorance, I swear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
So, letting him destroy John Cena and the entire ring while leading a new faction on his very first night on the main roster is pissing in his mouth? The fact the he even bothered to promote his return is pissing in his mouth. Wow. Again he's been back for one night. Let's see where this "Wade Barrett is Open for Business" thing leads. You are way to quick to jump to ridiculous conclustions.

And, really you need to choose your words much better. In your eyes, if a guy (especially a guy you like) doesn't get pushed, the answer is "Vince hates him." Like, I've heard you say "Vince hates Christian" b/c of that 2 day title reign. I think the words you are looking for "Vince doesn't feel confident in Christian as a guy who can carry a brand or his company." But no. To you, it's "Vince hates him."

Honestly, you sound like an easily angered 8 year old child sometimes.
Atleast somebody speaks some sense. I'd be surprised if Vince even knew who the fuck Wade Barrett was. He's not a writer, and Barrett isn't a big star. He is a midcarder who at one point got to be in the main event because the storyline was hot. Nothing more.
King Bebe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome