Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/)
-   WWE Network & Weekly TV (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-network-weekly-tv/)
-   -   Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution? (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-network-weekly-tv/634816-anybody-like-see-orton-return-evolution.html)

JamesCurtis24 09-06-2012 03:30 PM

Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Anybody like to see this Orton return



The cocky heel Randy Orton I think was a great roll for him and I loved that theme.

I was also thinking, and this may have been thought before, but how cool would it be to see Randy Orton reform Evolution and taking the place HHH did 10 years ago.

It worked incredibly well for the WWE last time around, they built two of the biggest stars in the company in Bautista and Orton.


If something like that were to happen, who would you guys put in the places of Flair, Bautista and Orton (Original roll as young gun)?. I guess basically you need a Legend, an enforcer and a young gun to go beside Orton.

Nostalgia 09-06-2012 03:43 PM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Yes. That was the only time I was entertained by Orton. I was a big fan of him during his Evolution/Legend Killer days. He not only had a better character back then, he had actually had a personality. His promos back then were good, now they're sleep inducing ''my name is.... Randy Orton''. fpalm

Evolution worked so well because Triple H was a great leader, a despised heel and a amazing talker, Orton isn't that, so no I don't want to see a new Evolution with Orton as it's leader. It would basically be Legacy version 2 anyway, and I hated legacy, so no thanks.

JamesCurtis24 09-06-2012 03:59 PM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgia (Post 11985015)
Yes. That was the only time I was entertained by Orton. I was a big fan of him during his Evolution/Legend Killer days. He not only had a better character back then, he had actually had a personality. His promos back then were good, now they're sleep inducing ''my name is.... Randy Orton''. fpalm

Evolution worked so well because Triple H was a great leader, a despised heel and a amazing talker, Orton isn't that, so no I don't want to see a new Evolution with Orton as it's leader. It would basically be Legacy version 2 anyway, and I hated legacy, so no thanks.

Yeah but it's no question that Orton wants to be that despised heel, and I don't think it would be hard for him to do that. Having Evolution would change him back to his old ways character wise.

The main benefit of it like I said, would be the potential of building two new stars for the company like they did in the past.

But as I always say, there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. It's a matter of figuring out which is the best. Never know, Orton may not work.

I think think it would kinda be cool to see Evolution ironically come full circle as Orton has gone from the future to the present. To me there is just so much potential fire behind doing that.

PGSucks 09-06-2012 05:07 PM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
I would love it, but there isn't any good way to bring that gimmick back now. I enjoyed his promos and ring work a lot better back then too. There's a reason why Vince (most likely) saw him as the golden boy in 2004.

kieranwwe 09-06-2012 05:15 PM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
I'm not sure about the legend as there really arn't any that want to be semi active wrestlers and have that level of respect yet hatred. There are so many heels that could fit the cocky up and comer, naturally i'd say Rhodes but then it WOULD feel like Legacy 2.0. So my evolution 2.0 would be along the lines of.

A returning Flair - Legend
Orton - Top Dog
Ryback - Enforcer
Dean Ambrose - Cocky young gun.

JamesCurtis24 09-06-2012 08:15 PM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranwwe (Post 11985361)
I'm not sure about the legend as there really arn't any that want to be semi active wrestlers and have that level of respect yet hatred. There are so many heels that could fit the cocky up and comer, naturally i'd say Rhodes but then it WOULD feel like Legacy 2.0. So my evolution 2.0 would be along the lines of.

A returning Flair - Legend
Orton - Top Dog
Ryback - Enforcer
Dean Ambrose - Cocky young gun.

Yeah I was kinda thinking something like that too, I mean it would be cool if HHH could play the roll of the legend, that way it would be even more like a full circle for Evolution.

JamesCurtis24 09-06-2012 08:17 PM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PGSucks (Post 11985334)
I would love it, but there isn't any good way to bring that gimmick back now. I enjoyed his promos and ring work a lot better back then too. There's a reason why Vince (most likely) saw him as the golden boy in 2004.

Yeah but keep in mind, bringing back Evolution isn't just about Orton doing promos it's about everything that encompases it. There would be three other wrestlers in the group cutting promos and entertaining fans. In my opinion Orton could very much fill the role HHH did back in Evolution's first run.

Y2Joe 09-07-2012 02:17 AM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Sorry, nothing beats this.


N-destroy 09-07-2012 02:44 AM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Legend Killer was the shit! But he's no leader like Flair or HHH. You have a better chance of that happening with Cena as the leader.


Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesCurtis24 (Post 11985895)
Yeah but keep in mind, bringing back Evolution isn't just about Orton doing promos it's about everything that encompases it. There would be three other wrestlers in the group cutting promos and entertaining fans. In my opinion Orton could very much fill the role HHH did back in Evolution's first run.

They would completely overshadow Orton though. Flair and HHH are too massive for orton.

JamesCurtis24 09-07-2012 04:02 AM

Re: Anybody like to see this Orton/Return of Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by N-destroy (Post 11987264)
Legend Killer was the shit! But he's no leader like Flair or HHH. You have a better chance of that happening with Cena as the leader.




They would completely overshadow Orton though. Flair and HHH are too massive for orton.

You wouldn't have both Flair and HHH. You'd ideally have HHH. And I'd disagree based on the simple fact Flair didn't overshadow HHH in the original Evolution. Orton is a top draw in the company, HHH isn't going to overshadow him trust me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2