Damien Sandow Discussion - Page 63 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #621 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Amazing_Cult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Honestly, I think Sandow's in-ring attire is a bit bland. I like the pink and purple, but I'm not a big fan of the boots.


I think he should switch to something like these, but with the gold replaced with white.

Quote:
Because a lot of white people are struggling out here in these streets, so they take to the internet to vent. Imagine how low one must feel, that a whole country is geared towards your success, yet you cant capitalize on it

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic214408_6.gif
Amazing_Cult is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #622 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Searching for a new identity
 
zkorejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Ziggler talk in Sandow thread?.. Thank you for your irrelevant opinions.

THE REBEL

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic196587_40.gif
zkorejo is offline  
post #623 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing_Cult View Post
Honestly, I think Sandow's in-ring attire is a bit bland. I like the pink and purple, but I'm not a big fan of the boots.


I think he should switch to something like these, but with the gold replaced with white.
That'd be fine, but switch the pink and purple first. That's what's gonna hold him back.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:

Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #624 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Kazzenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

I feel bad now

Sandow has a pretty sweet beard.
Kazzenn is offline  
post #625 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Amazing_Cult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
That'd be fine, but switch the pink and purple first. That's what's gonna hold him back.
I don't think the pink and purple will hold him back. If anything, it will only make people hate him more and more, as them being uncomfortable with something different, he can then call them out on their inferior minds and berate them.

Quote:
Because a lot of white people are struggling out here in these streets, so they take to the internet to vent. Imagine how low one must feel, that a whole country is geared towards your success, yet you cant capitalize on it

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic214408_6.gif
Amazing_Cult is offline  
post #626 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Searching for a new identity
 
zkorejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Pink and purple is fine.. I think he just needs to gain some muscle.

THE REBEL

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic196587_40.gif
zkorejo is offline  
post #627 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Paradise
 
Nostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing_Cult View Post
Honestly, I think Sandow's in-ring attire is a bit bland. I like the pink and purple, but I'm not a big fan of the boots.


I think he should switch to something like these, but with the gold replaced with white.
I feel the complete opposite. I don't like the pink trunks and purple knee pads, but I like the white boots. Gold wouldn't suit Sandow in my opinion, and Del Rio has the gold look going for him. Gold symbolizes wealth and Sandow's character isn't of a rich guy like Del Rio. His attire is bland, but I guess the pink and purple makes him stand out a bit I guess, but I don't like it. His attire is only thing I dislike about him. Everything else is awesome about Sandow.
Nostalgia is offline  
post #628 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing_Cult View Post
I don't think the pink and purple will hold him back. If anything, it will only make people hate him more and more, as them being uncomfortable with something different, he can then call them out on their inferior minds and berate them.
I just...I can't see him as world champion with pink and purple tights. I don't know if I can see him as world champion with this gimmick either, unfortunately. If you stripped him of those things, not that I want the gimmick gone, I'd love to see him main event with this gimmick, but I'm unsure of if WWE will let this gimmick be a main event gimmick, I'd say he'd almost be a surefire world champion unless he fucked up.

Pink and purple, though? It's so goofy. Yeah, people might give him more heat, but success is predicated on what Vince thinks, not the audience. And I think he's great enough on the mic that he doesn't need a crutch to get heat. His gimmick is that he calls the crowd morons. How hard is that to get heat?

Quote:
I feel the complete opposite. I don't like the pink trunks and purple knee pads, but I like the white boots. Gold wouldn't suit Sandow in my opinion, and Del Rio has the gold look going for him. Gold symbolizes wealth and Sandow's character isn't of a rich guy like Del Rio. His attire is bland, but I guess the pink and purple makes him stand out a bit I guess, but I don't like it. His attire is only thing I dislike about him. Everything else is awesome about Sandow.
He said the gold would be replaced with white. I don't see why it wouldn't work with different tights and knee pads. Plus, Sandow's gimmick may not inherently be a rich guy, but it lends itself VERY WELL to using elements of upper class society. They could put some more of that into his gimmick, an Ivy League background, something. It's not like it's unbelievable with this gimmick. The one thing where I think WWE screwed up is they didn't bother to explain how Sandow got to be so smart. We don't know where he's been, we don't know if he's an Ivy Leaguer, a crooked professor who lost his teaching license for banned practices, etc. He's just....a really smart guy, like Del Rio is just a really rich guy, but it's not a fabric of who he is as a performer, like it was with Ted Dibiase, where he'd bribe people and shit.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:


Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 06-20-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #629 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

I might be able to handle his color scheme if his attire looked better, in general. He looks like a guy who needed to put together his attire "on the cheap" so he could work in FCW and then decided to keep it when moving up. It's not even good looking attire by FCW standards.
TheSupremeForce is offline  
post #630 of 1066 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Still Real To Me, Dammit!
 
CeeJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: I'm from Holland, where the F you from?
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Damien Sandow Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I just...I can't see him as world champion with pink and purple tights.
I like the pink and purple.
And I don't see how he could not become world champion one day while wearing pink.

Cena became world champion multiple times while wearing jorts.

CeeJay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome