Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/)
-   WWE Network - SmackDown (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-network-smackdown/)
-   -   Team Rhodes Scholars (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-network-smackdown/637240-team-rhodes-scholars.html)

Mr.Cricket 09-25-2012 12:39 AM

Team Rhodes Scholars
 



Rhodes and Sandow.

Do you see them lasting very long as a tag team and maybe even winning the tag titles? or are they going to be fed to Kane and Bryan and break up after that?

Tyrion Lannister 09-25-2012 12:42 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
They're gonna win the tag titles at HIAC and Kane and Bryan will explode.

I don't fucking like this, this could kill Sandow. I know WWE's philosophy, every tag team needs one guy they push the shit of and one guy who they just fucking bury beyond belief, and I honestly don't know who it's gonna be. It looks like they're higher on Sandow so far but I don't think they'd play Cody Rhodes like that since he's got the 3'rd generation thing going for him and he's been a former IC champ for fucking ever. It's 50/50. I'm not comfortable. Unless Triple H has forced them to completely change their philosophy on tag teams, one of these two are dead when this are over. If that's Cody, great, he deserves to be the one since Sandow is too good to fail, but I'm not convinced. They should've just teamed him with somebody who we know is screwed already.

Tnmore 09-25-2012 12:44 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister (Post 12059063)
They're gonna win the tag titles at HIAC and Kane and Bryan will explode.

* Implode.

Quote:

I don't fucking like this, this could kill Sandow. I know WWE's philosophy, every tag team needs one guy they push the shit of and one guy who they just fucking bury beyond belief, and I honestly don't know who it's gonna be. It looks like they're higher on Sandow so far but I don't think they'd play Cody Rhodes like that since he's got the 3'rd generation thing going for him and he's been IC champ forever. It's 50/50. I'm not comfortable. Unless Triple H has forced them to completely change their philosophy on tag teams, one of these two are dead when this are over.
Heel tag teams are good way to get established with the fans. See: Edge and Christian.

Tyrion Lannister 09-25-2012 12:47 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnmore (Post 12059078)
* Implode.



Heel tag teams are good way to get established with the fans. See: Edge and Christian.

Yeah, and Christian was a career failure for years and years and years until he got very, very lucky because of Edge's retirement and got a fucking joke of a world title reign, which he never would've gotten if Edge didn't get retired.

One of these guys are Christian when this is over and it can't be Sandow, it fucking can't be, he's too fucking amazing at his job. I don't know if they'd ruin Cody though.

JY57 09-25-2012 12:48 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
Sandow/Rhodes will be a good temporarily tag team. In the end they probably lose, go their separate ways & Hell No will face PTP or Rey/Cara (whoever wins that feud).

apokalypse 09-25-2012 12:49 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
Smackdown need get rid of Kane and have Mark Ratings Henry join with Daniel Bryan to form a tag team...

Tnmore 09-25-2012 12:54 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister (Post 12059091)
Yeah, and Christian was a career failure for years and years and years until he got very, very lucky because of Edge's retirement and got a fucking joke of a world title reign, which he never would've gotten if Edge didn't get retired.

One of these guys are Christian when this is over and it can't be Sandow, it fucking can't be, he's too fucking amazing at his job. I don't know if they'd ruin Cody though.

You say that as if its a bad thing. I dont even like Christian but he is one of the most recognisable stars of the past decade in the company. Future hall of famer. He's far from a failure.

Sure, Edge was more popular, successful and held more titles but that doesnt make christian a failure.

swagger_ROCKS 09-25-2012 12:58 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
They'll probably have a steady run, but end up non compatible anymore and break up like DB and Kane may do down the line. Sandow and Cody may just do it a lot sooner. Sandow has been on a nice steady booking line, and this just gives him something to do which is good for him.

Tyrion Lannister 09-25-2012 01:15 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnmore (Post 12059126)
You say that as if its a bad thing. I dont even like Christian but he is one of the most recognisable stars of the past decade in the company. Future hall of famer. He's far from a failure.

Sure, Edge was more popular, successful and held more titles but that doesnt make christian a failure.

It IS a bad thing. No, he's not a failure but only because he FINALLY got his moment with winning the world title. He would never have been given that opportunity if Edge's career wasn't cut short by doctor's orders. Never in a million years, it was a pure sympathy push to make Edge happy because he had to retire.

Until Extreme Rules 2011, he was a complete failure, a complete, midcard, minor league failure. And I fucking love Christian but the truth is what it is. If you haven't had the world title, you're nothing, your career has no merit and I won't accept Sandow as nothing.

He might be the one who comes out of it great. I don't know, maybe Rhodes is the one who gets buried the shit out of, and I'm cool as hell with it if that's the case, but I don't know if it will be. One of these guys WILL have dramatic career death when this team is over because WWE doesn't do tag teams another way, they pick one guy and the team is used to get one guy over, the other one is ALWAYS thrown away. The Rockers, Edge and Christian, the Hardy Boyz, the Hart Foundation, Miz and Morrison, Eddie and Chavo, the Steiner Brothers, etc. I mean that's just how they do things. I admit up to this point they SEEM higher on Sandow, but I don't know if they're gonna knock Cody completely on his ass, because they've invested a lot of time in him. The only thing I know is that both guys are not becoming world champion, only one of them is, that's not acceptable unless Cody is the one who gets the axe.

Delaney 3:16 09-25-2012 02:13 AM

Re: Newly formed tag team.
 
I see Rhodes/Sandow lasting about as long as the Dashing Ones (Drew/Cody).

Team Friendship, however, is going to last a long time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2