Originally Posted by doinktheclowns
UK fan who will finally be able to get the Network next month (only half a year after the launch).
Any way.I have quite a few questions I was hoping some of you could help me with. They have been bugging me for a while but I a excited about the UK release so I thought I would get them out there.
1. Can I pay for just one month or is there a minimum subscription of 6 months? Can it be canceled at any point during that?
2. I know what the Monday Night Wars is but I wondered. What is the Monday Night Wars Show on the Network? I hear a lot of positive things about it. Are they archived for later watching?
3. How many episodes of RAW/Smackdown are on the Network? Estimation.
4. Can you watch AWA and NWA content on the Network? If so. How much content is there on it?
5. Assuming you can watch WWE, WWF, WCW, NWA, ECW & AWA are there any other promotions available to watch?
6. What video quality is the older stuff on the Network? AWA/NWA etc
7. Is there a trial period?
8. What is the oldest content on the Network?
9. Is there any new (large) content planned to come to the Network? Other than the 100 hours of WCW.
10. Are wrestler and other documentaries available on the Network? The ones that have previously been out on DVD.
11. Are the WWE planning on purchasing libraries of other past promotions? Recent and old.
12. Is there any talk of being able to watch Raw or Smackdown live on the Network in the future?
13. How soon are PPVs available to stream after they happen? Are NXT events like NXT Arrival available to stream live/watch later?
14. Are shows like NXT, Superstars & Main Event available to watch weekly?
15. Is any content limited by what device you are on? Anybody used an xbox? If so how easy is it to navigate?
16. Any potential of a price hike? or different price packages for more content on the arisen?
17. How effective is the search feature?
For example how much content would it find on three lesser appreciated wrestlers? Hypothetically speaking.
Bam Bam Bigelow
Chief Jay Strongbow
Thanks so much
1. Yes, they do allow a one month option but it costs more than the 6 month commitment price.
2. The Monday Night Wars series gives you a look into different aspects of the "war". One episode is about the nWo while another is about Mick Foley. Everything is archived on the Network for later viewing.
3. Estimating, all RAWs from 93-94 are there as well as 2012-current (give or take a month) with about 1-2 episodes every other year of RAW, as well as Smackdown.
4.Not really much on there.
5. On the Network, no. It's mostly WWE, WCW and ECW.
6. The video quality isn't terrible, but nothing to write home about.
7. They might run a trial period over in the UK, just check any kind of advertisement on that. They offered a one week free trial a couple times in the US but that's about it.
8. Earliest stuff is from around the late 70s-early 80s with shows from Madison Square Garden.
9. Nothing major when it comes to new content, least not yet. Might be different over in the UK.
10. They have a great Ultimate Warrior one that I think was strictly for the Network. Not many of the ones on DVD have been shown, but they do have some documentaries.
11. I don't believe so.
12. No talk of that, they have contracts with TV networks, which is one of the main reasons why it takes about a month or so to put episodes of RAW and Smackdown onto the Network.
13. They are usually available right after but might be a couple hours or so after it ends. Definitely next day is available.
15. Some devices have different features. I know on my Playstation 3, it actually picks up where I left off on a show if I stopped. That feature is not on my computer or XBox One. But content wise, should be able to get everything no matter what device.
16. A price hike is always possible but I believe if you do the commitment, the price will stay the same until the subscription is over.
17. The search feature isn't the best. You can search names and it will give you matches as well as the result in the search, kinda spoiling it for you.
Hope this helps.