I, for one, am glad they are scrapping the 'Smackdown VS Raw' name. I enjoyed the name when it meant something, but with World Wrestling Entertainment going with WWE Inc. as they plan to expand, it is also a good business move.
And I agree with the above poster; the first impressions are looking good. THQ is one of the most reliable when it comes to getting advanced copies to their critics, so hopefully the same goes for this.
A few things I, personally, would like to see (some have already been mentioned:
*Keep WWE Universe, but don't make it almost mandatory.
* Create Arenas, Belts and even though the title implies they are moving more away from 'brands'; I would like to be able to run my own.
* More moves based out of a grapple.
* The ability to completely control a faction.
* The ability to call for backup a la old school WWE games.
* Fix the environment. I want tables to break properly, moves on the announce tables besides off the turnbuckle, etc.
* If there is a WWE Universe, make the matches editable without changing it to a non-title match for instance.
* When using a women valet don't make some of the matches options unusable such as No DQ.
* More moves in general, especially double team moves.
* Have the characters more up to date when the game is released. For example CM Punk having long hair in SVR2011; they had plenty of time to fix that between his head being shaved and release date. Being around the industry I know they don't like to do things like this, so at least make it DLC.
* Improve the DLC and more of it, please.
* My biggest gripe? Make the game more difficult, please. I don't mind invincible CAWs so much, but the AI needs a major upgrade.
Holy shit, you guys are acting ridiculous. Complaining that it looks the same. They re-did a bunch of things, and you guys still complain about the look. This will be better, they're putting lots of effort into it. The game isn't out until November, don't be so negative.
Create an arena - This is something A LOT of people have been wanting for a long time. I wouldn't expect anything too extravagent because I know this would take a lot of work from the makers of the game, but something simple would be nice and a good start for something to work on and improve for the future games.
A more updated roster and leave out non relevant characters - If the character is never seen on television then there really is no point in putting them in the game other than using them as a squash character for CAW's. They really should extend the roster cut off date as well. Instead of WM make the cut off date for the roster be Summerslam. It always sucks when an interesting character debuts in late July, but don't make the cut for the game because the roster ended in March or April.
Add more attires for the characters that they actually wear - I understand that is what the Superstar threads creation is supposed to be used for. However, if you are going to give a superstar a second attire, give him an actual alternate attire that they have worn before, not street clothes that you have never seen them in before. I saw a clip of Cena and Sheamus's entrance for WWE 12 on youtube. Sheamus is wearing his United States, Red White and Blue attire when he was U.S. champ. Why the fuck would they give him that attire when he only wore it for a month!? Hopefully they have his usual wrestling trunks in the game.
Get rid of RTWM and just put in a regular storymode like the older Smackdown games. Add a lot of options throughout the storyline mode also, I remember in SYM and HCTP, there were a lot of times where you had options on what you could do and say which would alter the story for your character.
Get rid of WWE Universe....HATED that mode and very rarely used it.
Let us defend titles in exhibition mode again....seriously what the hell was the deal with taking that option out in SVR 2011?!? That is probaly my biggest complaint about that game.
Instead of constantly taking out moves year after year, add a shit load more in this years game.
Make the game more balanced. SVR 11 was horseshit that you could easily beat your opponent or they could easily beat you with a simple scoop slam...seriously what the fuck? Hell SVR 10 was more balanced than 2011.
All I can think of right now.
So because you don't like something that you can turn off with a single click of a button it should be removed