WWE '12 - Page 642 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6411 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Six Point Terror
 
theDJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 894
Points: 0
             
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Deschanel View Post
Finally picked WWE 12 up today, after having an argument with the shop assistant because I'm under 21. The game has a 12 rating. Wtf.

Anyway, I've played a couple of matches and I'm finding the new controls really difficult to get used to. I lost to Santino when I was Kane... I'm not sure how I feel about the game in general so far, how does it compare to the previous ones? And is it easy to get used to?
imo i like the change in controls this year. way better than last. And for me, once you got use to them, the game was able to be more enjoyable.

good luck.


Hit me up on that Twitta Muhchine @LTxDJK
theDJK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6412 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 101
Points: 0
               
Re: WWE '12

When does the next DLC come out?
M-V-P is offline  
post #6413 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 08:02 PM
?
 
Nostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,794
Points: 220
                     
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Deschanel View Post
Finally picked WWE 12 up today, after having an argument with the shop assistant because I'm under 21. The game has a 12 rating. Wtf.

Anyway, I've played a couple of matches and I'm finding the new controls really difficult to get used to. I lost to Santino when I was Kane... I'm not sure how I feel about the game in general so far, how does it compare to the previous ones? And is it easy to get used to?
What you don't want to do is get into the mentality that 'the game sucks' just because you can't get used to the controls, I acted that way at first, but as I put more and more time into the game I got used to them.

The game is great in my opinion, better than SVR 2011, added some new additions, but not without it's flaws, for example the online servers being really crap and Road To WrestleMania (which I haven't even touched, but heard it was awful).

Universe mode, is the biggest selling point to the majority who play it, and it's really addicting and adds a lot of lifespan to the game. I got the game on release date and guess what? I'm still playing it, daily, to this day.

Some people claim that Universe mode is boring and too repetitive, but I say it's for the hardcore WWE fan - and I don't know if you're that, but if you are you should enjoy this game.

Nostalgia is offline  
post #6414 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
The Executive Vice President Of Talent Relations
 
Mister Excitement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Where The Streets Have No Name
Posts: 14,746
Points: 556
                     
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-V-P View Post
When does the next DLC come out?
Either January 17th or 24th.

Mister Excitement is offline  
post #6415 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Fargerov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,328
Points: 3
                 
Re: WWE '12

I'm enjoying the game and it still hasn't gotten boring or repetitive but one cutscene in Universe mode really annoys me. It's the one where two random superstars come out and celebrate with the winner. I've had Heath Slater and Cody Rhodes, Booker T and Mark Henry, and Ezekiel Jackson and Vickie Guerrero all come out and celebrate with winners of matches.

Fargerov is offline  
post #6416 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 101
Points: 0
               
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Excitement View Post
Either January 17th or 24th.
Ok, thanks man.

Such a pity it's pretty much already outdated with the Brodus Clay that will be in.
M-V-P is offline  
post #6417 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 101
Points: 0
               
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargerov View Post
I'm enjoying the game and it still hasn't gotten boring or repetitive but one cutscene in Universe mode really annoys me. It's the one where two random superstars come out and celebrate with the winner. I've had Heath Slater and Cody Rhodes, Booker T and Mark Henry, and Ezekiel Jackson and Vickie Guerrero all come out and celebrate with winners of matches.
I know what you mean.

I always get the one where after the match the winner goes under the ring for a chair and keeps attacking the loser.
M-V-P is offline  
post #6418 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 PM
?
 
Nostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,794
Points: 220
                     
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargerov View Post
I'm enjoying the game and it still hasn't gotten boring or repetitive but one cutscene in Universe mode really annoys me. It's the one where two random superstars come out and celebrate with the winner. I've had Heath Slater and Cody Rhodes, Booker T and Mark Henry, and Ezekiel Jackson and Vickie Guerrero all come out and celebrate with winners of matches.
You think that's bad, I had Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero celebrate with my CAW when I successfully defended the WWE title at WrestleMania. You probably think how is that worse? Well, I like to keep my Universe Mode as realistic as possible and up to date with the current roster, so to have Eddie Guerrero who isn't alive anymore and was a 'Free Agent' in my game appear was annoying.

I also had Beth Phoenix and Natalya (The Divas of Doom) celebrate with my CAW when I won the World Heaveweight Championship on SmackDown.


Last edited by Nostalgia; 01-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Nostalgia is offline  
post #6419 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Hey! Get off the road, ya stupid sandwich!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Fat Cave
Posts: 79,138
Points: 12,530
                     
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-V-P View Post
Ok, thanks man.

Such a pity it's pretty much already outdated with the Brodus Clay that will be in.
Monster heel Brodus >>> Funkasaurus. I'm glad he's in the way he is, quite frankly.

Besides, this gimmick might not even last. What happens if he's back to his old self after WrestleMania?

The DLC had better come out this Tuesday and not next. I'm SICK of waiting.

120 Best/Worst Cancelled Comic Book Movies 3!

This Monday we're all about comic book movies that never made it to the big screen! We're talking a follow-up to Batman & Robin, Doctor Strange from 2007 and an early Green Arrow movie!

Plus we get into exciting Legends Of Tomorrow news, Darkseid confirmed for the DC Universe, a new Justice League animated series and a stellar test screening for Captain America: Civil War!



Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #6420 of 7086 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 PM
"I gotta feed the Jew."
 
Spike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,023
Points: 1,147
           
Re: WWE '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rise View Post
What you don't want to do is get into the mentality that 'the game sucks' just because you can't get used to the controls, I acted that way at first, but as I put more and more time into the game I got used to them.

The game is great in my opinion, better than SVR 2011, added some new additions, but not without it's flaws, for example the online servers being really crap and Road To WrestleMania (which I haven't even touched, but heard it was awful).

Universe mode, is the biggest selling point to the majority who play it, and it's really addicting and adds a lot of lifespan to the game. I got the game on release date and guess what? I'm still playing it, daily, to this day.

Some people claim that Universe mode is boring and too repetitive, but I say it's for the hardcore WWE fan - and I don't know if you're that, but if you are you should enjoy this game.
Yeah, I've had a few more matches and I'm gradually getting more used to the controls. Seems pretty good in general, I'll definitely stick with it. Loving Universe Mode already - I just had my first match on there, "??? vs Undertaker". I never thought I'd mark out over a video game, but when Brock's music hit I went nuts, I didn't even know he was in the game.


Quote:
Booker T: She looking to capture that female women's Diva championship!
Spoiler for Seen Live:

Tour de Force (11 May, 2003)
Big Show def. Chris Benoit
Matt Hardy (w/ Shannon Moore) def. Jamie Noble (w/ Nidia)
Sean O'Haire def. Tajiri
A-Train def. Spanky
Brock Lesnar def. John Cena
Team Angle def. Rhyno & Rey Mysterio
Torrie Wilson def. Nidia
Rikishi & Los Guerreros def. FBI

Passport To Pain (12 October, 2003)
Chris Benoit def. A-Train
Rey Mysterio & Ultimo Dragon def. Nunzio & Tajiri
Rhyno def. Jamie Noble
Team Angle def. Billy Kidman & Funaki
Los Guerreros def. Basham Brothers
Big Show def. Matt Hardy
Torrie Wilson def. Dawn Marie, Sable & Nidia (Bikini Contest)
Kurt Angle & The Undertaker def. Brock Lesnar & John Cena
Spike is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome