Better Than You
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: EWR Version 4.0
If you want some patches, I'll give you the link to it. If you need to know how to update your TEW with a patch, here is how you do it.
Installing Downloaded Items
When you download a full mod it should be 30 files in all (4 Folders & 26 files not counting items in the folders) To install the mod you need to do the following:
1. Open TEW Editor and click "Create Database" and give it what ever name you want (Will call mine Tutorial) it will have no effect on the files.
2. Take the files you downloaded and put them in the folder created for the new database. Located here (C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2005\Data\Tutorial) if a default install was done other wise everything before TEW2005 could be different if you installed it different. You will want to overwrite everything as it should be an emtpy database nothing will be lost.
3. Now you should be able to open the game and select the database you created and it will now have all of the downloaded mods stuff in it.
Partial Mods (Storylines,Angles,ect..):
There are 2 ways you can go about installing new storylines or angles you download.
1. You can take the file downloaded (storyline.tew for this example) and replace the storyline.tew in the database folder (C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2005\Data\DATABASENAME) you want the storylines in. If there were storylines in the database before they will be lost if done this way.
2. The other way is to create an import database which you would not play in the game but us it as a way to import without replacing whats already in the mods. To do this you want to create a new database and call it "import" Then follow the previous way of adding the storylines the only difference being you add them to the "Import" database. Then you open ingame the database you want the storylines to ultimately be in and open the editor and go to the storylines then select import and then import the storylines you want from the "Import" database. This way you will keep what you had and then add the new ones.
Every database has a folder called "People" this folder is where wrestler/worker pics are stored. All that needs to be done is your new pictures need to be put in this folder. Pics may work without any changes if the pictures name matches the wrestlers name.
This gets tricky if the database you are using uses a lot of "real names" for wrestlers like Amy Dumas is Lita and the pic the database uses may be called Amy Dumas so if you put a pic in called Lita it will only work without editing if gimmick name created in the contract of the database is Lita and a picture was assigned to it called Lita.
To add promotion logos you need to put the picture you want to use in the folder called "Logos" Some will work right away if the pictures name matches the promotions initials like TNA, WWE, ECW. If it does not work you will have to use the editor to change it.
REMEMBER THAT CHANGES TO A DATABASE WILL ONLY GO INTO EFFECT IN NEW GAMES. SAVED GAMES ARE NOT CHANGED WHEN EDITING A DATABASE. TO GET THE CHANGES YOU WILL HAVE TO DO AN IMPORT FROM THE IN-GAME EDITOR IN YOUR SAVED GAME.
If you want me to find you some real world patch, tell me.