Just finished No Way Out, was a pretty successful PPV and a good last stop before Mania.
Isn't it fucking typical how my pre-show angle of John Cena simply arriving to the arena is the highest rated segment on the damn show?
1. Kofi/Truth was just a simple grudge match, they were tag champs together for quite a while, once they dropped the belts to the PTP's cracks began to show in their team. I had them lose a few rematches via "miscommunication" until R-Truth snapped after Kofi lost them another match and beat the shit outta him, turning heel in the process. The babyface goes over in a fun match which the crod were very into.
2. The Prime Time Players vs. Team CoBro (Ryder & Santino) was pretty much just a filler tag titles program. I had just split up my only over babyface tag team in Truth and Kofi and the PTP's needed some competition so I just paired two over babyfaces that had nothing going on. PTP's won with the help of A.W. and finished the night with their customary victory celebration.
3. Barrett vs. Kane was a program both guys asked for alot before I booked it, I was constantly getting messages from both guys (especially Kane) so I caved in after my Barrett/Orton & Kane/Henry feuds finished and gave them what they wanted. Barrett went over clean as he's going to be challenging Sheamus for the World Title at Mania and needs to look strong.
4. Punk & Big Show was another filler program, albeit a long filler program. I couldn't really think of a good reason for them to feud except they are both really over main eventers, had them cost eachother a few Title matches and have a few backstage brawls, pretty shitty feud tbh, but with both guys so over it was successful. I Concluded the feud here with Punk winning a last man standing match, he'll be moving on to Taker at Mania. I'm thinking of having Big Show put Ryback over at Mania, haven't decided yet, he'll definitely do something, he's far too over not to.
5. This is actually the second time I've done a Sandow/Christian feud but what can I say, look at the rating, the fans just can't get enough of these two. This time around it was for the United States Championship which Sandow had acquired pretty recently, and he retained via cheating. I was going to end the feud here but every match/segment/interview these guys are involved in is rated 95% or more so I'm thinking of stretching it out until Mania.
6. Orton vs. Del Rio is... you guessed it, FILLER. Orton won the Rumble last month and had nothing going on, Alberto was in a feud with Rey but he got injured, so I did what all good bookers do and just paired them together. The feud mostly consisted of Del Rio cheap shotting Orton and running away, I had Orton beat up Ricardo a couple of times (which got horrendous ratings for some reason) Anyway, Orton won clean with the RKO, he'll be turning heel tomorrow night on Raw and challenging Cena for the Title at Wrestlemania. Mysterio's injury was only two months so he'll be back soon, I'll probably just do Rey/Alberto at Mania.
7. Sheamus vs. Jericho has been a pretty great long feud, I think they started feuding around November time and the heat has remained in the 90's the entire way through. Bryan was actually in a WWE Title program with Cena but got injured and was replaced by Dolph Ziggler. When Bryan was cleared and ready to return the Ziggler/Cena feud was getting interesting so I had Bryan return by attacking both Jericho and Sheamus in the middle of a World Title match on Smackdown, resulting in a no contest. Sheamus got the win anyway by pinning Bryan with the Brouge Kick. I've kind of given Jericho Christian's old "one more match" shtick so I'll give him his final one on one title match on either Raw or SD with Sheamus winning again and moving onto Barrett. Bryan will be turning face over the next few weeks and will work a Wrestlemania program with Jericho. I'm thinking either a Iron Man Match or a Submission Match, haven't decided yet, they'll steal the show regardless.
8. As I mentioned, the Cena/Dolph feud was supposed to be Cena/Bryan, but Bryan suffered an injury so plans changed and Dolph, who was fresh off a victory over Mick Foley, got the call over Miz. Cena won at the Rumble after a botched interference from Vickie so I had Triple H make this a Steel Cage Match. The match was surpringly poor, I think it only got like a 75% match rating which for a Ziggler match is incredibly low, I blame Cena, luckily the crowd were hot for it so the overall rating was decent. Cena got the clean win to end the show, he'll be moving on to Orton at Wrestlemania as a co-main event along with Rock/Brock and Punk/Taker. I haven't got anything planned for Ziggler yet, he'll have to be on the show, he's FAR too over not to be. I may do an IC Title Triple Threat at Mania with Miz, Cody and Dolph, but it would require one turning face.
Overall pretty solid PPV.