Imagine a Killer Instinct (2013) spinoff with former pro wrestlers during the MNW era? Now that would be hot stuff to play non-stop, don't you think?
Time and time again, you will hear threads that depict WWF vs. WCW vs. ECW (looking back in retrospect) as a lopsided three-way dance battle. To me, I assume that gloating about the WWF being the better show than WCW is like video gamers gloating about Mortal Kombat (MK) being the superior violent fighting game than Killer Instinct (KI) and Eternal Champions (EC).
In addition, using Ted Turner/Time Warner's strict PG policy as a lampshaded reference, the goofy cartoony No Mercy fatalities will be in play for each WCW wrestler from the Monday Night Wars era (1995-2001).
So here are the following WCW wrestlers who could make a good parody of KI characters:
1) Sting as Jago (since both protagonist caliber guys are somewhat idiotic, although vengeful of their respective enemies or being used by them)
2) Randy Savage as Sabrewulf (although Savage is human, he's still Crazy Savage)
3) Scott Norton as Glacius (although Glacius is another mere creation of UltraTech, whereas Norton is a prominent New Japan figure.)
4) Jim Duggan as Chief Thunder (since both are patriotic guys, although Chief Thunder is a Native American while "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is a proud American waving his U.S. Flag and trademark 2x4.)
5) Madusa as Sadira (since both are natural born female villains, with Madusa being the evil female valet of heel teams, whereas Sadira is known as KI's first ever female villain.)
6) Lex Luger as B. Orchid (although Luger is a male, while Orchid is a female, but both are sidekicks/support partners of their respective protagonists and are also paranoid at the worst of times.)
7) Ric Flair as Spinal (although Flair has more skin flesh, he still has his funny movements, 90s Flair's dignity suffered from humiliation and shame like Spinal.)
8) Magnum T.A. as Fulgore (although as much as I hate to admit it, I think Magnum T.A. would be presented as Jim Duggan's former ally and tag team partner as a lost soul since his career-ending injury. It would make sense for Magnum to come back as a robotic mark.)
9) Booker T as T.J. Combo (since both African American dudes also have a tendency to be hot shot type characters, plus Booker T became more of a comic relief guy in the WWF in 2001, whereas T.J. Combo was the disgraced boxer who lost the respect of the public domain. However, T.J. Combo is more of a Eastern N.Y./Chicago type guy, whereas Booker T is from Houston, Texas.)
10) Miss Elizabeth as Maya (although Lady Liz was more famous in the WWF as the pretty demure face female valet in the 1980s, she looked absolutely SMOKIN' HOT with blonde hair in WCW during the NWO era, plus she was a heel during those years. I reckon blonde haired Lady Liz would suit being barefooted, or at least alternate between being barefooted and wearing knee-high boots. It would be a pretty sight to see Miss Elizabeth with a twin pair of throwing daggers at her disposal.)
11) Kevin Sullivan as Kan-Ra (since both are dark manipulative-type villains in their respective universes in which The Taskmaster is the control freak of the Dungeon of Doom, whereas Kan-Ra is an imprisoned sorcerer. Both are the type of villains who will do anything to seek immortality.)
12) Missy Hyatt as Riptor (since both Hyatt and Riptor are females, although Missy is a human female, whereas Riptor is a female dinosaur turned female dinosaur Stalker machine)
13) NWO Sting as Omen (since both characters are the root causes of corrupting the respective protagonist in their respective universes, although NWO Sting aka Jeff Farmer did a perfect job tricking the WCW guys into thinking that Sting was actually in the NWO, while Omen was born out of Jago's battles as Shadow Jago.)
14) The Giant as Aganos (since both are massive heavyweight giants in their own respective universes.)
15) Bull Nakano as Hisako (since both are Japanese women of their respective universes, although Bull Nakano is still alive while Hisako is the undead avenger whose peace resting was interrupted by UltraTech.)
16) Scott Hall as Cinder (since both are the outlaws of their respective universes, although Hall is the cool heel-type of outlaw that people cheer for, whereas Cinder is depicted as a criminal who converted to UltraTech.)
17) Eric Bischoff as ARIA (although Bischoff is a male human while ARIA is a female A.I. cyborg humanoid, they're both the evil bosses of their respective companies; Bischoff for WCW and ARIA for UltraTech.)
18) 1999 Heel Sting as Shadow Jago (in his 1999 heel form, Sting played the role of corrupt hero very well in spite of the WCW fans' insistence that Sting always be cheered like a face no matter what.)
19) Dennis Rodman as Battletoads' Rash (as Rodman was an NBA megastar who made guest appearances on WCW during the NWO era, much the same way Battletoads' Rash has just made his cameo in KI)
20) Leia Meow as Kim Wu (both young Asian females who prove themselves to be the young upcoming fighters of their respective universes.)
21) Scott Steiner as Tusk (since both guys are overly musclebound fighters, although Steiner would only battle for himself and his freaks, whereas Tusk only fights for himself, honor and war battles.)
22) Jim Herd as Eyedol (even though Jim Herd is old news, I have to admit that Herd was in the NWA/WCW promotion company before Bill Watts even took over. The infamous Pizza Hut guy would probably be a threat.)
23) Bill Watts as Gargos (even though Bill Watts is also old news, I must say that Watts was more intimidating than Herd, so it would be interesting sight to see Herd and Watts go at each other's throats in this KI spinoff. I can also see Bill Watts being the big enemy to Sting, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, Miss Elizabeth and Scott Norton in this KI spinoff.)
So far, whaddya think about the Killer Instinct spinoff featuring WCW wrestlers from the Monday Night Wars era?
Last edited by Filipo Sooa; 09-10-2015 at 01:00 AM.