Wrestling Forum banner

Do you believe Roman will turn heel?

Do you believe Roman Reigns will turn heel at WM?

4K views 35 replies 32 participants last post by  The Wood 
#1 ·
Mods: I realize this can go in the WM section, I'm posting it here and asking you to keep it here just so we can get the most amount of votes.

A lot of people seem to think that Roman's turning heel at WM but I want to know if you believe that or if it's wishful thinking from you.

I don't believe that he'll turn heel because it serves no purpose. He can turn heel and maybe he'll get booed or maybe it'll get him cheered. It's a weird dynamic. It feels like a bunch of people on this forum would be cheering him or showing more apathy toward if he turned heel and especially a week or two after he turned heel. He'd have the beating The Undertaker heat but that goes away very quick when he runs out of top faces to face which would be Seth, Jericho, and ???. But the end goal with Vince was and will always be to make Roman the torch bearer of the WWE. This means being a face. So he turns heel and people react however but when he turns back face, the exact same reaction he's getting now will happen, rendering this heel run useless.

Will he turn heel?

#2 ·
No, I don't think he'll turn at WM 33. He MIGHT turn heel on post-WM Raw next week by turning on Seth Rollins (to get even with him for betraying the Shield), but I'm not getting the feeling that they'll pull the trigger.

If he does turn heel, I don't think he'll be cheered for it. If anything, I think the crowd would just boo even louder; especially if he turns on an over/popular face talent.

Trust me though, this is a compliment: THAT would be GREAT for Roman since he'd be receiving the desired crowd reaction. It wouldn't make much sense anyways if crowds suddenly cheered for him as a heel after hating on the guy for these past couple of years.

This is just me thinking how it'd be nice if he officially became a heel. Do I believe they WILL turn him though? I highly doubt it.

#17 · (Edited)
No, I don't think he'll turn at WM 33. He MIGHT turn heel on post-WM Raw next week by turning on Seth Rollins (to get even with him for betraying the Shield), but I'm not getting the feeling that they'll pull the trigger.

If he does turn heel, I don't think he'll be cheered for it. If anything, I think the crowd would just boo even louder; especially if he turns on an over/popular face talent.

Trust me though, this is a compliment: THAT would be GREAT for Roman since he'd be receiving the desired crowd reaction. It wouldn't make much sense anyways if crowds suddenly cheered for him as a heel after hating on the guy for these past couple of years.

This is just me thinking how it'd be nice if he officially became a heel. Do I believe they WILL turn him though? I highly doubt it.
Rollins has always been the one I wanted Reigns to turn heel against. And at the post-Mania RAW, it would be nearly perfect, if Rollins is coming off a big win and Reigns a loss.

And Reigns seems like he's coming out to congratulate his brother he's patched things up with... ooooooooooohhh, the heat would be nuclear from a brutal beat down on Seth.

#8 ·
No. He sells merch. Just the same reason they won't turn Cena. Just stop.

#9 ·
I don't believe that's the reason they're not turning him. In my OP, I was giving a reason why I wouldn't turn him but I believe the main reason they won't is because of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

#12 ·
Probably on the Raw after WM 33, I think. They can turn him "Heel" but it won't be as "organic" as The Rock's turn. :nah Again, they should've pulled on the trigger years ago... Like, why wait until now? :goaway Better late than never, I guess.

#13 · (Edited)
Reigns will remain the single most over babyface on the Raw roster, all this heel talk like he gets booed week in and week out is null and void. Man gets rapturous responses from the crowd, the fans vicariously live through him as he works his magic in between the ropes. He commends attention on the microphone, so maybe a heel turn would benefit him in the regard that he'll be able to say "edgier" stuff, but why fix what ain't broke?

:reigns2

#15 ·
:nah

And I don't think he really needs to turn into a full blown heel. He'll remain a tweener like he has been for about a year now which suits him just fine and if a recent rumor is true he'll be resuming his feud with Braun after Mania as it seems they both have unfinished business.

#21 ·
I'm still holding out hope that Taker wins, although if Reigns is to win (which seems most likely), I do believe they'll turn him heel. If they have plans to turn him heel at any stage, this would be the opportunity to make the biggest impact.

#22 ·
No, he's acting slightly more heelish because he's feuding with Taker. He'll win at Mania, and then a month later he'll be back as a face and nothing will have changed.

I would love to be wrong, but we've been down this road too many times with him and Cena for me think otherwise.

#23 ·
I hope so. You wanna get people talking about your show after your biggest show of the year here's a way to do it. But do they have the balls?

#24 ·
No, he won't get to turn unless Vince finds another babyface merch-seller he thinks he can cement into the top spot. He's going to remain as he is now. He's still going to be out for himself, not standing up for a good cause like Sami or Seth, but he's not going to cut any deals to make things easier like Joe or KO. He's dickish enough to be the antagonist to a babyface if needs be, but still be a protagonist against a heel. He'll get to cut asshole promos in smark towns, with more casual crowds, he'll play nice and only insult other wrestlers.

I think what you see is what you'll get unless Seth takes off or Balor starts shilling the shit out of those demon hats. The first time Finn comes out and cuts a promo referring to someone's dick as their 'sno-cone' or some such malarkey you can bet Reigns is gonna be a heel within the next PPV cycle.

#27 ·
Maybe I have kind of a low standard, but if this is even perceived as Taker's last match, all Reigns needs to do to turn heel is NOT shake his hand, or HUG HIM, or some other overt sign of respect after the match. If he ends Taker's career, then shows even a tiny bit of DISrespect, hey, even bigger heel turn.

I'd like to see Taker do the abrupt-situp shtick post-match only to have Reigns kick him back down. Kicking a beaten old man would get some AMAZING heat. (Reigns being startled at that point would be a form of the aforementioned "overt respect")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.