Wrestling Forum banner

So which matches end up the pre-show?

3K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  3ku1 
#1 ·
Easy question: Which of the 14 matches for Mania end up on the pre-show?

My prediction:

IC Title: Who really cares about Corbin or Ambrose at this point?
Smackdown Women's Title: Unless Asuka decimates everybody, same could go for this entire division!
Raw Tag Title: Or the Last Ride for Enzo and Cass...
Andre Battle Royal

#13 ·
They COULD put the Andre the Giant Battle Royal on the main show as a quick breather/bathroom break match as is the case with the Smackdown Women's Schmoz and the Raw Tag Title match will probably be the opener of the main show if not Neville/Aries.

#12 · (Edited)
Raw Tag Match
Smackdown Tag Match (If a match takes place for it, if not cruiserweight clusterfuck match)
Smackdown Womens Title Match

All these matches are pointless and don't deserve to be on the main show over any of the other matches, both tag divisions are a mess and the build for Smackdown's womens match has been even worse. If there is no Smackdown tag match, I expect the a multi man match involving the cruiserweight's to be added to the pre-show.

The Andre the Giant Battle Royal has way to many upper carders in it to be on the pre show and they're going to be wanting to keep Braun looking strong when he inevitably wins.

#2 ·
Smackdown Womans match definately well be on the Kick off Show. Possibly could feature on the 2nd hour. But I don't see that happening. I don't think it's the right timing for a Asuka debut tbh.

Andre Battle Royal

Raw Tag Title

#4 ·
Matches that I can see being featured on the pre-show are:

- the Smackdown Women's Championship match

- the Smackdown Tag Team Championship match

- random Cruiserweight match

#14 ·
Battle Royal is gonna definitely be pre show
Smackdown Tag Titles
RAW Tag Titles

#16 ·
I actually think the Andre Battle Royal will stay on the main card, there's so many singles matches, a big multi-man clusterfuck would serve well to break things up a bit.

I think it'll be:

Raw Tag Titles
SD Women's Title
Cruiserweight Title

...Neville and Aries deserve the main card, but when you look at how little attention the CW division gets on Raw, how will it make Mania? Feels like the cruisers or IC title would finish off the pre-show, but it would be damn near criminal for Ambrose to go from one of the top matches of WM32 to pre-show at WM33.

#17 ·
I don't think the IC title match will be on the preshow, I've been reading that it's going to open the main card. I'm fine with that tbh, rather that than the preshow.

I think they might use the battle royal as a cool down match again like last year. But then again, it was on the preshow in 2015, so it bounces around.

I think Smackdown Women's title match for sure, prob Raw tag titles too? Mainly cos it's not really been hyped that much.

#21 ·
Definitely the Andre Battle Royal.
Most likely the Smackdown women's match.
I guarantee Ambrose/Corbin will be pre show.

#25 ·
I could see one of (if not both) tag championship matches on the pre-show. They will probably want hometown girl Naomi winning the title back on the main card. It sucks that the Cruiserweights got put on the kick-off but I guess they'll more than likely get more time to work with. I can definitely see the IC Championship opening WrestleMania now.

#27 ·
If they get 5 minutes on a 2 hour kick-off then that's fucked up lol!

#31 ·
Now the women's match might be on the main show and they'll have to put something else in it's place.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0330/624675/smackdown-women-title-match-no-longer-on-wrestlemania-kickoff/

Initially, the SmackDown Women's Title match between SmackDown Women's Champion, Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Mickie James, Carmella, Naomi, and Natalya was scheduled for WrestleMania's Kickoff Show, but it's possible plans have changed. On WWE's website, they have the full card for the show and have now removed the "Kickoff Match" that was previously listed next to the championship match, potentially putting it on the main card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.