Wrestling Forum banner

WrestleMania Opener

2K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  wwe9391 
#1 ·
What match will open wrestlemania? My guess is either the intercontinental match (since it opened the last two manias) or smackdowns womens championship.

#12 ·
I'd go with the Jericho / Owens match.

I feel like ''Breaks the wall down'' would be awesome to start the show.

This surely will be an awesome match.

Or maybe like every PPV... Enzo and Cass.

Reactions: DammitChrist
#8 ·
Hopefully the New Day will come out after America the Beautiful and do their schtick, and then they roll the opening promo package for Mania followed by the opening pyro and THEN the opening match will be Corbin vs Ambrose.

It seems kind of odd that they would go from the New Day's stupid crap to an intense feud like the IC title, so this way it would allow some breathing room in between.

#14 ·
Either the IC title match or US title match. Cant see it being anything else. Maybe a New Day schtick before the matches. I wonder if the beginning of Mania will be during the day?

Also, what is Rock gonna do?

#16 ·
This gets the crowd going and would surely be a good idea. However that means it will probably be Shane AJ for absolutely no reason whatsoever :V
On a serious note either the Raw Tag match or the IC or US I could see opening. US is a big feud so you'd think it'll go on later but they need to separate the big ones a little and this one will get people pumped so you never know

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#17 ·
I think the Cruiserweight Championship would be a great opener, really hoping they make it on the actual card though.

#18 ·
Ambrose vs. Corbin.

It should be Aries vs. Neville but the Cruiserweight Title matches haven't opened a PPV since it's return, I'm guessing because of the stupid purple ropes and the time they need to change them before and after the match. They change the ropes during long segments or video packages, so it won't go on first.

#20 ·
The New Day is most likely going to have an opening segment where they can say that we've finally made it to the biggest event of the year, and thus they'll celebrate.

I can see either the IC title match ( Jericho vs Owens), or the US title match (Ambrose vs Corbin) opening WM 33.

Although now that I think about it, the Raw tag title match (Enzo/Cass vs Cesaro/Sheamus vs Club) might open the show so that they can have Enzo and Cass interact with the New Day briefly beforehand.

#22 ·
Lets hope The New Day are not too cringe worthy as they have been a bit lately.

#23 ·
It's gonna be the Raw tag team title match. Simple because Enzo and Cass music can start the show and get the crowd hyped with their routine Schtick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.