Wrestling Forum banner

Will John Cena propose to Nikki Bella at WM 33?

• Yes

Votes: 60 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Next night On Raw

Votes: 2 2.2%

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

15K views 145 replies 109 participants last post by  Empress 
#1 ·

We’re a culture obsessed with power couples: Jay-Z & Beyoncé, J-Lo & A-Rod, JT & Jessica Biel.

So, when John Cena & Nikki Bella square off against The Miz & Maryse at WrestleMania 33, we will not only be seeing two couples of this variety collide, but also witnessing a knockdown, drag-out, awesome (no pun) melee with a ton of personal pride on the line for both sides, as they attempt to find out who SmackDown LIVE’s “it” couple truly is.

For years, Cena & Nikki did not acknowledge their relationship within WWE arenas. Total Divas or Total Bellas was one thing, SmackDown LIVE was another. However, after two-time Divas Champion Maryse brutally assaulted Nikki with a lead pipe, and Miz and Cena eliminated each other from the WWE Championship No. 1 Contender’s Battle Royal, the rules suddenly changed.

With these two conflicts merging, all four Superstars began to rip one another to shreds on the microphone. The Cenation Leader was a guest on “Miz TV” — the perfect time and place to badmouth The A-Lister. Miz followed with an appearance on Talking Smack, which proved to be an excellent opportunity for him to tell the WWE Universe why he believed Cena is a “robot” whose relationship is manufactured for the benefit of reality TV cameras. Fearless Nikki told Maryse to keep her hands off her man; Maryse retorted by calling Nikki Bella a fraud.

In between the smack-talk and these tumultuous physical exchanges, a massive WrestleMania match has been made. Can Cena & Nikki shut up Miz & Maryse once and for all? Or, will The Miz repeat his performance from WrestleMania XXVII, where he retained the WWE Championship over Cena, and push him and his bride to victory?

Find out when these iconic couples square off at WrestleMania, live on the award-winning WWE Network on April 2.
Well, here we have it. :sip

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm only looking forward to what Maryse' ring gear will look like and how well she performs in the match. It would be a bonus if Miz & Maryse actually win.

#7 ·
:yes Maryse rocking some ring gear again will be epic. Her and Miz really should win this. If/when Nikki and Cena both take some time off afterwards then all this feud has done is hurt Miz and Maryse. It'd be stupid to have the Cenas win on their way out, when they can instead establish a new top heel duo that can be a focal point of SDL for the next year or so. I like Nikki but if she's retiring then she should put someone over. And there's no point in having Cena beat Miz when Miz is perpetually on the cusp of being a top guy again, and a big loss here just hurts him when he's trying to recover from the Ambrose feud fiasco.

#10 ·
I really want the Miz to win this one and establish himself as a ME heel. He has been really good, and Maryse has helped him in getting more heat. Also, props to the creative for booking him the way they did, Miz beating Zack Ryder for the IC title (in front of his father) gave some extra steam to the Miz's heel run.
Winning a mixed tag-team match, even at Wrestlemania, will not allow Miz to establish himself as a ME heel.

The match serves one purpose --- allow Cena to propose to Nikki Bella in front of the largest possible audience.

#8 ·
Anyone saying that Miz & Maryse should win this is disregarding all wrestling logic. Classic face vs classic villain, Wrestlemania, love story. C'mon. Cena & Nikki should 100% win this. Given the story, I genuinely think this is more must win for Cena & Nikki than it is for Miz & Maryse.

Reactions: MickDX
#15 ·
There's also the wrestling logic of putting someone over on your way out. If Nikki is retiring and Cena is taking more time off its stupid to just squash the Miz's momentum completely (again) in favour of one moment that will be forgotten by the time Cena returns. And wrestling needs heels to crash the party and reign on the faces parade to create drama.

Winning a mixed tag-team match, even at Wrestlemania, will not allow Miz to establish himself as a ME heel.

The match serves one purpose --- allow Cena to propose to Nikki Bella in front of the largest possible audience.
Miz beating Cena at WM and standing tall with his wife by his side, and being able to brag about his wife "retiring" Nikki would definitely give him the sort of buzz he can use to get into the Main Event. Lets not forget it was a feud with Dolph Ziggler that had Miz as the hottest act in all of pro wrestling.

Miz and Maryse need to go over.

Cena and Nikki can still get engaged after the match
Exactly this. Why does the cheesiest wrestling couple need the cheesiest wrestling moment ever at WM? If Cenas going to propose dont make a storyline out of it that just squashes the Miz's momentum again for the 10th time this year.

I want MizMaryse to go over here as well, but it is highly unlikely right now for two reasons:

1) This feud isn't targeted towards the hardcore fans but the casuals and the female demographic, which is the main audience for the WWE and E! reality shows. It was revealed in the last quarterly results for WWE that their reality Tv series (Total Divas and esp Total Bellas) were one of the most profitable ventures for the WWE and witnessed the highest growth in revenue YearOnYear. CenaNikki winning against the kayfabe bad guys and the proposal following it would in all likelihood bring major mainstream attention post WM and greater viewership on Total Bellas with a possible CenaNikki marriage and BrieBryan kid storylines as the focus. (A proposal following the loss will not be as big a moment)

2) I love the Miz and feel he has been white hot over the last year and a half with his mic work and his in-ring work has improved as well. He deserves a main event spot and perhaps a title run on Smackdown but I feel after his earlier championship reign was a dud (For many reasons), the WWE and Vince see him as an upper mid-card/lower main-event guy at best. People like him will be used to build momentum for Cena going ahead to make him look strong before a feud where he puts over those select few who the company sees as "top stars" for the future.

We might think The Miz can be one of the top main event heels and needs to go over Cena at WM, but I am not sure the company thinks the same and even if that wasn't the case, the background behind this feud (And the impending proposal given they have mentioned Cena not wanting to marry Nikki a million times) makes it nigh impossible for the outcome we want.
Sad but true. Its shame that Miz suffers from the shit booking he was given as WWE Champ, at the very least he suffers from the fans who many of which act like its his fault he was booked like he was.

From a TD/TB perspective it makes sense to have the Cenas win, but in every other persepctive it makes more sense to have the Mizanins win here.

#16 · (Edited)
This is what we don't Cena/Taker for?

I mean Miz has been great since the brand split and all but really......

This is why we can't have nice things :mj2

Still saying this will be the perfect time for the big Cena HEEL TURN, and have him propose to Mickie James instead :cena6

But seriously this is the only part of this match I care about in anyway, I just want Nikki to be expecting a proposal and not get one just to see her reaction....

#17 ·
Cena lately has been willing to put over guys. AJ, Bray, Ambrose. I don't see why he can't do the same for Miz. Especially if he is taking time off after.

Reactions: CJ
#20 ·
John/Nikki dominate the early going. Nikki tries to get her hands on Maryse but keeps getting cut off by Miz/heel tactics.

Miz/Maryse isolate Nikki

Nikki/Maryse tag in their men.

Cena cleans house.

Miz/Maryse cheat and nearly win.

Nikki/John do stereo STF's to win the match. John and Nikki have some sort of post match moment which will air in multi-camera detail on Total Divas.

If it does not go like this I'll be shocked. Even more so if Miz/Maryse win :Rollins

#23 ·
Think about it. Maryse is the one that beats Nikki. After the match Nikki is all sad and gloom then Cena gets down on one news and pops the question and nikki is happy.

#26 ·
Logically Cena and Nikki are totally winning this.

But if this is Nikki's retirement match, as I've heard claimed by rumours and dirtsheets, then is it not some kind of wrestling tradition to lose your last match? Just let her get pinned by Maryse. That way you don't have Cena or Miz entering into the decision so it doesn't technically hurt either one of them. Miz gets bragging rights like the shitheel he is, and god knows Cena can survive his girlfriend losing a match. Plus he can still propose after the match and have their big cheesy fucking moment and walk off into the sunset together, bla bla bla.

Just let Maryse get a sneaky pin on Nikki. Miz won't have his momentum as a heel bodyslammed into the fucking pavement, Nikki and Cena still get their big post-match vomit-inducing 'WrestleMania moment' and everyone walks away happy.

#28 ·
Nikki can get a pin over Maryse and the same situation can happen as far as Miz reputation not being hurt. He could say that he still has a win over Cena at Wrestle Mania and that Nikki and Cena cheated to win, still being the shit heel that he is as not owning up to him and his wife losing. Miz wouldn't of taking the pin his wife would of so it would not effect him at all.

#27 ·
Don't care for this match whatsoever. It does nothing for me, but sadly its apart of wrestlemania. If I wanted to watch something equivalent to this it would be a stupid tyler perry movie. Even a blind man could tell you that reality shows cenas are winning.

#36 ·

I don't think so. But I do think the following night of raw. They're rubbing it in super hard and wrestlemania seems so staged. Or, Cena is interrupted while proposing by some new debut.

#98 ·
Re: Will John Cena propose to Nikki Bella at WM 33?

I don't think so. But I do think the following night of raw. They're rubbing it in super hard and wrestlemania seems so staged. Or, Cena is interrupted while proposing by some new debut.
Yeah, I could see John Cena getting down on one knee and then giving Nikki Bella the "F'U". Throw the $60k diamond engagement ring at her while she is out cold. Heel turn made and perhaps the greatest heel turn of all time.

#37 ·

John has been pretty stern about his no marriage rule. So I would say no. I hope Nikki isn't getting her hopes up too high that he might at Wrestlemania.

Although given they are both set the take extended time off...I wouldn't be surprised if they got that fairytale send off.

#39 · (Edited)

I'll be surprised if he doesn't at this point.

Although, I'd be more surprised if she proposed to him.

You'd think Cena would be the one to propose with how much they've been playing up the fact that he'll never marry Nikki but instead she takes matters into her own hands and proposes to him. Of course, he could still say no but that be a pretty dick move by him expecially at Mania.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.