Wrestling Forum banner

Will Brock Finally Conquer His Demons?

• Yes (Finally Win One Against Bill)

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • No (Goldberg Will Continue His Dominance Over The Beast)

Votes: 20 15.6%

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg: Universal Championship

21K views 202 replies 112 participants last post by  ilovebayley 
#1 · (Edited)

As if the long-awaited mega rematch between Goldberg and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33 wasn’t already big enough, the stakes have been heightened following Goldberg’s triumph at WWE Fastlane.

Now, The Beast Incarnate is out for not only redemption on Sunday, April 2, but also Goldberg’s newly won Universal Championship.

Despite his world-beater bona fides, The Conqueror has never defeated his decorated opponent. Indeed, Goldberg has had Lesnar’s number since the first time they locked horns, at WrestleMania XX. After more than a decade away from WWE, Goldberg returned last fall and destroyed Lesnar in shocking fashion at Survivor Series, thrashing The Conqueror in one minute and 26 seconds.

Lesnar’s advocate, Paul Heyman, chalked up the loss to The Beast taking Goldberg too lightly and nothing more. Yet at Royal Rumble, Goldberg enjoyed the upper hand again, eliminating Lesnar from the event’s eponymous 30-Superstar brawl.

No one else has thrived against Lesnar the way Goldberg has. Lesnar, a four-time WWE Champion, has carved out a career of destruction. Among his many accomplishments since returning to WWE in 2012, Lesnar ended The Undertaker’s once unbreakable WrestleMania Streak, demolished John Cena and bludgeoned Randy Orton to the point of referee stoppage.

Goldberg, however, has proven to be an unbeatable foe, so far.

Will Lesnar’s luck change when he battles Goldberg for Raw’s top championship, at WWE’s biggest event of the year, no less? Or can Goldberg further cement his incredible legacy, putting an exclamation point on his career with another victory against The Beast?

Find out which iconic behemoth comes out on top when Universal Champion Goldberg meets Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33 on Sunday, April 2, live on the award-winning WWE Network.

See less See more
#155 ·
This was probably my favorite 2 minutes of Mania. So much intensity and badassery. Say what you want about Goldberg and his ability, but there is something he has that guys like Ambrose, Owens, Reigns, and the rest of the current batch have is boatloads of pure intensity and badassery.

#168 ·
That was a great piece of entertainment. The stadium was electric for it. I wonder how many people here were in that audience eating it up and are now bitching about it.

My daughter who pretty much only cares about Becky thought that it was great and was jubilantly screaming her head off for it as was I. Pure entertainment.

#163 ·
That was a sick match, they made it work with what they had. Goldberg at his peak never wrestled long matches, he certainly wasn't going to start wrestling 20 minutes matches at age 50.

I thought Goldberg was done after the three german suplexes at the beginning, that spear right after had me mark the fuck out.

I think Goldberg should have kicked out after the 10 Germans and the F5... And then have Goldberg spear Lesnar once more.. and try to go for a hack hammer but with Lesnar countering it into another german and then hitting Goldberg with 2 more F5s to make sure he wins.

But can't complain though, that was the most exciting 5 minutes in recent memory.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#175 ·
This was actually one of my favorite matches on the show. Loved every minute of it...all five of them!

Seriously, this match was a short and sweet adrenaline rush.

When Lesnar suplexed Goldberg those three times at the start, I was like "Oh shit" and then Goldberg came out of nowhere and heat a huge spear, I legit jumped out of my chair! That was awesome!

Watching two heavyweights just swing for the fences with KO shots the whole time made for an exciting and exhilarating match. Lesnar won, to the surprise of no one, but I got a big kick out of watching this match unfold.

It was fun! Plain and simple.

#89 ·
Re: Predict how Goldberg/Lesnar will turn out

Lesnar will require little effort to wear down Goldberg. The entrance walk will cover that aspect for Brock.

Reactions: gsm1988 and Ace
#93 · (Edited)
Re: Predict how Goldberg/Lesnar will turn out

Match begins
-Goldberg spears Lester, Lester was too near the ropes and rolls to the outside,
-Goldberg hangs back,
-Lester recovers bangs his hands on the ring apron, gets back in the ring,
-Lester begins to trash talk Goldberg,
-Goldberg attempts another spear, Lester ducks under and gives Goldberg a german suplex,
-Lester gloats, goes for a pin, Goldberg kicks out at one,
-They both get up,
-Goldberg tries the career-ender kick to Lester, Lester dodges,
-Goldberg does a second spear, followed by a jackhammer/pin, Lester kicks out at two,
-Goldberg attempts a third spear at Lester in the corner, Lester dodges, Goldberg gets posted,
-Lester gives Goldberg a second german suplex, then scoops him up, delivers a F5,
-Lester beats Goldberg in 8 minutes.

#177 ·
This match was crazy fun.

This was the (short) WWE version of Rocky vs. Drago. This was 10 year me just spamming Goldbergs spear on WCWNWO Revenge. No technique, just power.
The moment Goldberg hit his first spear, the crowd going nuts, the back and forth and the fucking leapfrog.

Goldberg vs. Lesnar for the UC pissed me off big time, but I couldnt help it, I enjoyed every second after Goldbergs first spear.

#26 ·
Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg (WrestleMania 33)

You know what you need?

A war between these two men.
A solid match, where you can see Brock struggle and push through.
Like a kickout of the jackhammer, have him hit Goldberg with an F5 and have goldberg no sell.

Then Goldberg goes over him, but not before having Brock look like a tough SOB.

#48 ·
Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg: WWE Universal Championship

I sincerely hope this abortion of a match gets the same reception that the two of them got at Mania 20.

Pointless bullshit match that does nothing but stroke the ego of 2 men that shouldn't even be on the CARD, let alone main eventing.
It's an insult to everyone in the locker room that has wrestled 300 days a year for WWE for fuck knows how long, to take the title from a legit competitor like Owens and put it on a part timer that has wrestled a TOTAL of 180 seconds for WWE in the last ten fucking years ... and even worse to have his opponent for the title be another part timer who's currently in the middle of a steroid scandal, banned from MMA, yet still demanding a six figure payday per match.

Fuck both of these guys.

It will 100% be the main event of Wrestlemania.
All that means is that I get to go to be earlier than expected, cos I'm not staying up to watch this shit, or to hear Maggle fucking Cole yelling orgasmically when Lesnar wins.
Thank you, no.

#82 ·
Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg: WWE Universal Championship

Brock will win, but I am not excited for this match.
I do wonder for the amount of people who don't give a shit about it......how many of them will still watch.

At least if it's the ME one can always turn it off beforehand lol.

As a fan of both I'm still intrigued by it but can't lie; if it's just a quick squash in Brock's favor then even I will have a bit of a groan tbh.

#84 ·
I will admit, I'm a lot more excited for this one than Reigns vs Triple H from last year. I'd take 5 mins of intense stuff with the crowd going crazy over 30 minutes of nothingness as the production team tries to lower the mic volumes. Even if this is short, Im sure a big match like Rollins vs HHH or something will go on right before it and get a real main event length. This is more of the icing than the whole cake. I hope they have blood in this one.

Reactions: Dmight
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.