The Last of Us - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Q: What side have you taken on Factions mode?
Hunters 20 45.45%
Fireflys 24 54.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Shooting the birds down from the trees
 
BULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salma Hayek.
Posts: 4,507
Points: 26
                     
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
You and Gamespot must be right then, let's ignore the dozens of media outlets lavishing it with praise for what an unbelievable gaming achievement it is because, despite having not played it, "it doesn't look like a 10/10 game at all" to you...

And for the record, anyone who thinks a 10 rating means or is meant to mean absolute and complete perfection in every imaginable way is incredibly dim.
^^

I don't see how people can say it's not a ten when they haven't even fucking played it yet anyway.

Wouldn't the game reviewers who have actually played through the game be the ones who are most suited to make that decision?

BULLY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Sensesfail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,468
Points: 0
             
Re: The Last of Us

has anyone played the demo yet from the GOW: Ascension game?
i did and i have to say some of the controls are very different from the Uncharted games


I <3 Rikku & Brie Bella!
(Credit for the sig goes to CHAMPviaDQ)
Sensesfail is offline  
post #63 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 04:05 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
JohnTheRevelator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 891
Points: 0
           
Re: The Last of Us

GTA 4 got a lot of 10/10s and we all know how that turned out. 10/10 ratings have no credibility since then. What other games got 10/10 ratings? Some crappy Zelda Wii game and Super Mario Galaxy 2, lol.
JohnTheRevelator is offline  
post #64 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,020
Points: 219
                     
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
^^

I don't see how people can say it's not a ten when they haven't even fucking played it yet anyway.

Wouldn't the game reviewers who have actually played through the game be the ones who are most suited to make that decision?
It just surprised me really. It doesn't look like something that would get 10/10 review scores. Plus now I'm totally butthurt that I won't get to play it yet because I don't have a PS3.
Karma101 is offline  
post #65 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,665
Points: 0
                     
Re: The Last of Us

I've been saying for years how broken the rating system is. Gameinformer gives like HALF of the games they review an 8 or 8.5

So I am supposed to believe that half the video games that come out, are all of similar quality?



Review teams needs to re-embrace the 5.0 as being average as opposed to awful. Anything below a 7 now is considered a abysmal failure.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline  
post #66 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
haribo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas, BO
Posts: 7,076
Points: 156
                     
Re: The Last of Us

It's gone that way on metacritic too. Apparently a score less than 75 deems it to be "average or mediocre" for video games, yet above 60 for films is "generally favorable".
haribo is offline  
post #67 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,020
Points: 219
                     
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
It's gone that way on metacritic too. Apparently a score less than 75 deems it to be "average or mediocre" for video games, yet above 60 for films is "generally favorable".
Yeh I really don't get that either. Games just have higher standards according to Metacritic.
Karma101 is offline  
post #68 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:53 PM
The One Free Man
 
TheIllusiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 5,377
Points: 73
                     
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taroostyles View Post
10 doesn't mean perfect, there is no such thing. It just means really really really fucking awesome in my book.
Waits for Seph to come in and say Chrono Trigger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
It's gone that way on metacritic too. Apparently a score less than 75 deems it to be "average or mediocre" for video games, yet above 60 for films is "generally favorable".
Yeah, that's just laughable. To me a 5 is average and anything above that is good. So 7 in my eyes is a pretty good score for a game.



Banner & Avy - Abk™

TheIllusiveMan is online now  
post #69 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Points: 0
 
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
Erm, what about that review makes it "more reasonable" than others? Gamespot reviews are awful. They are well known for constantly under scoring games and it's gotten to the point where I genuinely believe it's nothing but pure attention seeking. The Last of Us get's 9.5's and 10's across the board, but of course Gamespot comes along and drops an 8.

The game looks incredible and is being reviewed as incredible by the vast majority, so to say Gamespot of all places review of 8/10 is "more reasonable" is fucking stupid. Are you one of those mindless "COD iz teh best!" type gamers?
Read the reviews and you'll see. Don't just look at the score; read the review. Most of the media outlets seem to be getting caught up in the "hype". Although, some of them touch on the same aspects and criticize the immersion breaking aspects such as dull AI but Todd McShea is a solid reviewer in my opinion who can detach himself from the hype of a game that may cause some reviewers to go overboard with their praise. He still calls it "Great" but definitely points out the flaws that others didn't such as the supporting cast, weak puzzles, etc.. To be honest a lot of the game looks too scripted for my personal tastes and I was not a huge fan of Uncharted.

Have no idea what you mean by "COD iz teh best!" type gamers, though or why you feel the need to project so heavily.
Western Illinois is offline  
post #70 of 887 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 PM
The Sundance Kid
 
CamillePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bulletville
Posts: 10,656
Points: 608
                     
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
Erm, what about that review makes it "more reasonable" than others? Gamespot reviews are awful. They are well known for constantly under scoring games and it's gotten to the point where I genuinely believe it's nothing but pure attention seeking. The Last of Us get's 9.5's and 10's across the board, but of course Gamespot comes along and drops an 8.

The game looks incredible and is being reviewed as incredible by the vast majority, so to say Gamespot of all places review of 8/10 is "more reasonable" is fucking stupid. Are you one of those mindless "COD iz teh best!" type gamers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
You and Gamespot must be right then, let's ignore the dozens of media outlets lavishing it with praise for what an unbelievable gaming achievement it is because, despite having not played it, "it doesn't look like a 10/10 game at all" to you...

And for the record, anyone who thinks a 10 rating means or is meant to mean absolute and complete perfection in every imaginable way is incredibly dim.
When did Sephiroth get a name change?


Community Returns March 17th On Yahoo Screen!
#SixSeasonsAndAMovie
CamillePunk is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome