You say some really ridiculous things you know that? HALF the game in GTA is broken? What a load of crap
Well the Online was and still is broken and mediocre. Disregarding the fact it didn't even function at launch which is pathetic in itself (This after a 2nd delay):
- The ranking system clearly does not work. It's simply imbalanced.
- The heists (You know the ones that Rockstar were hyping through the roof pre release) were not even available for weeks.
- Once you've robbed one store, you've robbed them all. The same applies to most of the jobs. The mission variety is repetitive and bland. Most make you drive half way across the map for no particular reason just to lengthen a shallow mission.
- The races are completely and utterly broken with the 1st place speed handicap and the fact people treat races like Burnout Takedown rather than GTA V. The fact they were better on GTA IV speaks volumes
- Online Character customisation system in possibly the worst model I have ever seen in a video game. A travesty would be a compliment to it.
- Rockstar Cloud servers
- Modes like Team Deathmatch are unplayable due to the skilless auto aim and the ranking system allowing guys with Pistols to go up against guys with Carbine Rifles. The definition of balance. All Deathmatches are lackluster at best and yet again are somehow inferior to GTA IV.
- The best online mode in GTA IV, Cops and Crooks; doesn't even make a reappearance.
- Matchmaking is absolute garbage. There's no skill balancing and getting into lobbies initially is extremely awkward. Any menu system or lack-of is pretty poor.
- The 'Bad Sport' function in a game named Grand Theft Auto is particularly hilarious. You can't even steal other players vehicles. This isn't even the main problem with it though. You can be a 'bad sport' for doing absolutely nothing wrong. So not only does the 'bad sport' contradict the nature being of Grand Theft Auto (Clue in the name), but it's extremely buggy and inconsistent anyway.
- Then ironically to add the the point above you have 'safe mode'. Pay 100$ just to Free Roam in peace. Yet it doesn't even work. People in vehicles can still kill you..
- Dying gives you a money loss penalty despite the fact you have gone out of your way to deposit everything you have in the bank. Another concept which is lacking.
With all that, yes I would say one half of the game is extremely lacking. The Free Roam is basically the saving grace of GTA Online, yet that's something you can do with more depth on the offline game anyway. If you want to make the claim that GTA is a single player vased game that's fine, but that would completely disregard the fact Rockstar hyped their online to the stars and back.
If I didn't make it clear when i say half of the game, I mean half being the Online.