Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH! - Page 194 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1931 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hannibal Lector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pembrokeshire
Posts: 1,753
Hannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friends
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
You say some really ridiculous things you know that? HALF the game in GTA is broken? What a load of crap
Well the Online was and still is broken and mediocre. Disregarding the fact it didn't even function at launch which is pathetic in itself (This after a 2nd delay):

- The ranking system clearly does not work. It's simply imbalanced.
- The heists (You know the ones that Rockstar were hyping through the roof pre release) were not even available for weeks.
- Once you've robbed one store, you've robbed them all. The same applies to most of the jobs. The mission variety is repetitive and bland. Most make you drive half way across the map for no particular reason just to lengthen a shallow mission.
- The races are completely and utterly broken with the 1st place speed handicap and the fact people treat races like Burnout Takedown rather than GTA V. The fact they were better on GTA IV speaks volumes
- Online Character customisation system in possibly the worst model I have ever seen in a video game. A travesty would be a compliment to it.
- Rockstar Cloud servers
- Modes like Team Deathmatch are unplayable due to the skilless auto aim and the ranking system allowing guys with Pistols to go up against guys with Carbine Rifles. The definition of balance. All Deathmatches are lackluster at best and yet again are somehow inferior to GTA IV.
- The best online mode in GTA IV, Cops and Crooks; doesn't even make a reappearance.
- Matchmaking is absolute garbage. There's no skill balancing and getting into lobbies initially is extremely awkward. Any menu system or lack-of is pretty poor.
- The 'Bad Sport' function in a game named Grand Theft Auto is particularly hilarious. You can't even steal other players vehicles. This isn't even the main problem with it though. You can be a 'bad sport' for doing absolutely nothing wrong. So not only does the 'bad sport' contradict the nature being of Grand Theft Auto (Clue in the name), but it's extremely buggy and inconsistent anyway.
- Then ironically to add the the point above you have 'safe mode'. Pay 100$ just to Free Roam in peace. Yet it doesn't even work. People in vehicles can still kill you..
- Dying gives you a money loss penalty despite the fact you have gone out of your way to deposit everything you have in the bank. Another concept which is lacking.

With all that, yes I would say one half of the game is extremely lacking. The Free Roam is basically the saving grace of GTA Online, yet that's something you can do with more depth on the offline game anyway. If you want to make the claim that GTA is a single player vased game that's fine, but that would completely disregard the fact Rockstar hyped their online to the stars and back.

If I didn't make it clear when i say half of the game, I mean half being the Online.

Last edited by Hannibal Lector : 11-21-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Hannibal Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #1932 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 10,027
cesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

one minor thing I wish PS4 would have added: Whenever you win a trophy, being able to press the PS button to take you to that trophy and see what is was for. Xbox 360 had that, I love it. Would have liked to seen it as an update on PS4, an obvious inclusion on the PS4.
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #1933 (permalink)
Remember the basics of CQC.
 
Shalashaska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shadow Moses.
Posts: 4,864
Shalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missed
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
You say some really ridiculous things you know that? HALF the game in GTA is broken? What a load of crap
GTAO is a piece of horse shit. My biggest disappointment this year. Micro transactions? really?
Shalashaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #1934 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 10,027
cesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroNeko View Post
That was mostly because the reviewer is a horrible reviewer. She(Or he)Bitched about typical social justice issues in a fucking GTA game. A game that you shouldn't ever expect to be politically correct. And she also bitched about Luigi's Mansion being too difficult, because in the year 2013 it's a bad thing if a game is a challenge or doesn't hold your hand all the way through.

Reviewers no matter what website are *never* credible. The reason you always see big blockbuster games like GTA and CoD and BF get such great scores is because of ad revenue and fear of backlash. Imagine the shitstorm if IGN gave GTA a 7(Which is what I would give it, not a bad score at all) Rockstar would stop advertising on there and stop inviting them to press release events and most likely wouldn't even send them review copies.

Video Game journalism is and always be a joke compared to movie critics. It's pretty sad that the only "Video Game journalist" that's even remotely credible works for a finance site(Erik Kain).
I have do disagree. I would expect of all games, a GTA game to be most politically engaging, not necessarily correct. GTA V's whole tone was "everything is bad, kill kill kill." They slightly raised issues but did nothing with them. from GTA IV and up the tone has become extremely serious and dramatic. With no redeeming qualities to any of the characters, it left them no where to go. Basically the game felt like a sinking ship and you were just enabling psychopaths on killing sprees.

That's just how I read the characters. I realize people feel differently, but I wouldn't underrate a reviewer for finding social justice issues in a game that promotes killing cops for the sole reason of killing cops.
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman

Last edited by cesaro_ROCKS : 11-21-2013 at 03:21 PM.
cesaro_ROCKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #1935 (permalink)
Pizza Is My Business
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22,819
Sephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

Gebu, what is your 3DS friend code
__________________
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #1936 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 10,027
cesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Gebu, what is your 3DS friend code
I will find out. I will be only be playing Zelda and Pokemon over Thanksgiving; so save me a shiny meowth! That's right!



I want to add to my previous gripe with GTA V: I loved the actual game, the missions and the game play. However, the story was super disappointing to me.
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #1937 (permalink)
Remember the basics of CQC.
 
Shalashaska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Shadow Moses.
Posts: 4,864
Shalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missedShalashaska probably won't be missed
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaro_ROCKS View Post
I have do disagree. I would expect of all games, a GTA game to be most politically engaging, not necessarily correct. GTA V's whole tone was "everything is bad, kill kill kill." They slightly raised issues but did nothing with them. from GTA IV and up the tone has become extremely serious and dramatic. With no redeeming qualities to any of the characters, it left them no where to go. Basically the game felt like a sinking ship and you were just enabling psychopaths on killing sprees.

That's just how I read the characters. I realize people feel differently, but I wouldn't underrate a reviewer for finding social justice issues in a game that promotes killing cops for the sole reason of killing cops.
GTA was NEVER about being serious or dark and edgy. They made that mistake in IV that's why V is the complete opposite. GTA is satire of American society. They make fun of all races and all orientations. They made fun of Liberals and Conservatives. Every GTA before IV was like this. IV was pretty much just a tech demo for the 360 and PS3 like III was to the PS2 before Vice City and San Andreas.


If you're looking for a mature and gritty realistic story in GTA you're in the wrong place.
Shalashaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1938 (permalink)
Pizza Is My Business
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22,819
Sephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

If you want mature and gritty, go play Saints Row IV.
__________________
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #1939 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hannibal Lector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pembrokeshire
Posts: 1,753
Hannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friendsHannibal Lector needs to make some friends
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

GTA III a tech demo? It was the biggest leap in GTA history. If any game deserved a 10/10 it was GTA III, in my opinion.
Hannibal Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #1940 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
MoxleyMoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,886
MoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missedMoxleyMoxx probably won't be missed
Default Re: Xbox One/PS4 fanboy showdown to the DEATH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lector View Post
Well the Online was and still is broken and mediocre. Disregarding the fact it didn't even function at launch which is pathetic in itself (This after a 2nd delay):

- The races are completely and utterly broken with the 1st place speed handicap and the fact people treat races like Burnout Takedown rather than GTA V. The fact they were better on GTA IV speaks volumes

- Modes like Team Deathmatch are unplayable due to the skilless auto aim and the ranking system allowing guys with Pistols to go up against guys with Carbine Rifles. The definition of balance. All Deathmatches are lackluster at best and yet again are somehow inferior to GTA IV.

- Matchmaking is absolute garbage. There's no skill balancing and getting into lobbies initially is extremely awkward. Any menu system or lack-of is pretty poor.

- Dying gives you a money loss penalty despite the fact you have gone out of your way to deposit everything you have in the bank. Another concept which is lacking.

With all that, yes I would say one half of the game is extremely lacking. The Free Roam is basically the saving grace of GTA Online, yet that's something you can do with more depth on the offline game anyway. If you want to make the claim that GTA is a single player vased game that's fine, but that would completely disregard the fact Rockstar hyped their online to the stars and back.

If I didn't make it clear when i say half of the game, I mean half being the Online.
1. How is it Rockstar's fault if people treat races like Burnout Takedown?
2. Change to Free Aim and other people cannot autoaim you.
3. You can invite people with similar skill sets to your session.
4. I don't know why people bitch about losing $300-500 on healthcare and bail when making money is extremely easy.
5. It's their job to hype the game.

I do agree with some of your points though. And I think GTA V doesn't deserve a 10/10. It's a solid 9 IMO.
__________________

Thanks to The Fourth Wall for the signature
MoxleyMoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios