So what makes the PS4 so much better than the XB1?
Are you actually serious? Okay then lets start with the facts:
- 100$/£70 cheaper
- Again, PSN+ is a cheaper subscription than Xbox Live by around £8/$10 on average for a year fee
- Not embroiled in viewing based privacy concerns (PRISM,NSA) like the Xbox One with it's Kinect gimmick
- To expand on the Kinect another problem is and it has been confirmed - 'Kinect could detect how many users are in the room and could serve advertisements aimed at families, groups, or individuals.'
- Ships with a free headset, whereas the Xbox One does not
- It is 40% smaller than the Xbox making it more versatile for room placement
- Removable/upgradeable hard drive, unlike Xbox
- Sony has better high end critically acclaimed game exclusives, and MUCH more of them - http://uk.ign.com/blogs/bravo.4/2013...dated-3202013/
- The PS4 is easier to develop for, for many reasons including; Sony allows indie developers to self publish, whereas Microsoft does not - http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/04/sony-indies/
- The PS4 has factually better specs: About 300 more GPU cores, .6 more Terraflops, about 3000MHz more in system memory and over 100Gb/s more in System Memory Bandwidth
- No extra charge for services like Netflix on the PS4 i.e. you don't require PSN+ to use services like Netflix, whereas with the Xbox, a Gold subscription is necessary to use these services
- Allows you to connect and cross play with a PSVita meaning you can continue to play games without requiring your PS4. Microsoft has no service like such.
- No home screen advertising on the PS4 once you pay for PS+. The Xbox dashboard will still advertise to you despite you having already paid a subscription fee for Gold.
Everything above is factual, so I ask again, was your question meant to be taken seriously?
I will list below my opinions on why I think the PS4 is better subjectively, and I'm not some Sony fanboy because I owned and used a 360 for 6 years, but here goes:
- The PS4 is made and based towards gaming. I am a gamer who wants a gaming console, not a media device.
- Personally think the PS4 has better developers. Halo and Gears have been beat to death, whereas Sony prove with exclusive games such as The Last Of Us, that they are still the top dog.
- The RROD still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
- Now PS4 has cross game chat my only main reason to stick with the Xbox has gone.
- I don't want a Kinect, never have, never will and to have it mandatory repulses me.
- Microsoft trying to impose DRM, region locks and forced online is just a bitter slap in the face to millions of people including yours truly. Sony didn't try and impose this nonsense so they are more credible in my eyes. Microsoft only changed things when pre-orders tanked.
- Everyone I know is also jumping ship to PS4.
So in summary how does ALL of that get outweighed by anything positive the Xbox has? It simply doesn't in any way shape or form.