Worst year in gaming - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 831
Spirit Soul Spirit Soul Spirit Soul Spirit Soul Spirit Soul
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

This generation has been the greatest gen for video games in history. So far anyway, not opinon, its fact.

Anyway, 2006 was pretty terrible.
Spirit Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
kieranwwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,427
kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

People saying 2012 was the worst of the current Gen, How come? Last year we had:

Mass Effect 3
The Walking Dead
Halo 4
Assassins Creed 3
Black Ops 2
Far Cry 3

among others, tbh 2013 isn't shaping up that well yet. We have Dead Space 3 (yawn, they've removed all the creepy parts). GTA5 which should be a classic even though i'm not a massive fan of the franchise. Alien Colonial Marines which i've been waiting for for about 3 years yet i'm almost certain WILL disappoint. Then there's Bioshock Infinite which should be great and the inevitable MW4 game which will follow the same suit as all other COD's entertaining but in a steady decline.
__________________
kieranwwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Phenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Death Valley
Posts: 3,721
Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom Phenom
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

^ I'm wondering if some people consider 2012 a poor year in gaming because some of those titles you mentioned didn't live up to the hype surrounding them?
__________________
Quote:
He is the cornerstone of WWE and he is the reason that this business runs.
- JBL commentating on the Undertaker.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
kieranwwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,427
kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe kieranwwe
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
^ I'm wondering if some people consider 2012 a poor year in gaming because some of those titles you mentioned didn't live up to the hype surrounding them?
That's true, whilst there all solid AAA games, Only The Walking Dead Was Amazing and Mass Effect 3/Far Cry 3 were great. The others slightly missed their mark.
__________________
kieranwwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hawkguy, Bro
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22,610
Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth Sephiroth
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

2012 was the year of the indie. Go play some Hotline Miami or FTL and tell me 2012 sucked
__________________
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manila
Posts: 756
Boygirl Boygirl
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Soul View Post
This generation has been the greatest gen for video games in history. So far anyway, not opinon, its fact.
I still hate the current "COD generation" of gamers.
Boygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,677
blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Soul View Post
This generation has been the greatest gen for video games in history. So far anyway, not opinon, its fact.

Anyway, 2006 was pretty terrible.
How is that a fact exactly? Unless you're using sales numbers as your argument, it's merely an opinion.


As for the OP, that's hard. When I was young, I never kept up with much of the newer releases until I started buying Nintendo Power and IGM in 1995. Before then, i'd rent games from any random year, so crappy years might've seemed like good ones to me. I'd say that the mid 00's were pretty bad, that whole transitional period where they first introduced the PS3 and the 360 was roughly a year in existance RROD'ing left and right.. that was a sucktacular year.
__________________
blarg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 831
Spirit Soul Spirit Soul Spirit Soul Spirit Soul Spirit Soul
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
How is that a fact exactly? Unless you're using sales numbers as your argument, it's merely an opinion.


As for the OP, that's hard. When I was young, I never kept up with much of the newer releases until I started buying Nintendo Power and IGM in 1995. Before then, i'd rent games from any random year, so crappy years might've seemed like good ones to me. I'd say that the mid 00's were pretty bad, that whole transitional period where they first introduced the PS3 and the 360 was roughly a year in existance RROD'ing left and right.. that was a sucktacular year.

Lets take a look at all the new, fantastic series' that have come out this generation.

Demon/Dark Souls, Infamous, Uncharted, Gears Of War, Borderlands, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders, Resistance, Bioshock, Saints Row, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Sleeping Dogs (I know True Crime, blah blah), Little Big Planet, Batman Arkham(owned by DC I know), Dragon Age, and Portal.


That is just the franchises I remember off the top of my head... there's still The Last Of Us, Watch Dogs & Remember Me, which all look spectacular.

Last edited by Spirit Soul : 02-03-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Spirit Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,677
blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Soul View Post
Lets take a look at all the new, fantastic series' that have come out this generation.

Demon/Dark Souls, Infamous, Uncharted, Gears Of War, Borderlands, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders, Resistance, Bioshock, Saints Row, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Sleeping Dogs (I know True Crime, blah blah), Little Big Planet, Batman Arkham(owned by DC I know), Dragon Age, and Portal.


That is just the franchises I remember off the top of my head... there's still The Last Of Us, Watch Dogs & Remember Me, which all look spectacular.

Most of those are all very nice series, but let's just take the 3rd generation as an example:

Metal Gear

Final Fantasy

Castlevania

Super Mario

Double Dragon

Prince of Persia

Mega Man

Contra

Kirby's Adventure

TMNT

Zelda

Metroid

Ninja Gaiden


That's discounting a lot of the more obscure NES, MS DOS, Atari 7800 and SEGA Mastersystem games that were released that gen.

As far as franchises started, nothing can touch the 3rd generation imo. Most of those title I listed are still ongoing today. Most of the games you listed are not very groundbreaking ether, aside from Littlebigplanet which I consider absolutely fascinating and terribly underrated. I loved most of the games you listed, but i'm sorry, a lot of those are destined to be forgotten by next gen. Resistance? I'd be surprised they even make another one after the abysmal sales the 3rd game got.
__________________

Last edited by blarg_ : 02-03-2013 at 03:13 PM.
blarg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,671
Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader
Default Re: Worst year in gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranwwe View Post
People saying 2012 was the worst of the current Gen, How come?
Who are these "people" - I am the only one who said 2012 up until this post.

Quote:
Mass Effect 3
The Walking Dead
Halo 4
Assassins Creed 3
Black Ops 2
Far Cry 3

among others, tbh 2013 isn't shaping up that well yet. We have Dead Space 3 (yawn, they've removed all the creepy parts). GTA5 which should be a classic even though i'm not a massive fan of the franchise. Alien Colonial Marines which i've been waiting for for about 3 years yet i'm almost certain WILL disappoint. Then there's Bioshock Infinite which should be great and the inevitable MW4 game which will follow the same suit as all other COD's entertaining but in a steady decline.
Mass Effect 3 was a major disappointment, Halo 4 8 gig install is kind of a joke, and Assassin's Creed III was buggy as hell. The Walking Dead can't make a whole year good by itself and something has to be the worst. 2013 has almost as many quality games due out by the end of March than 2012 did the entire year, not to mention two new systems will be launching this fall and we haven't seen what those will launch with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
2012 was the year of the indie. Go play some Hotline Miami or FTL and tell me 2012 sucked
Did you pick a year, or are you just looking to bash what other people select and not present your own thoughts in order to avoid being critiqued yourself? And nobody said it sucked.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios