Originally Posted by PartFive
- 32GB hard drive in 2013. 5GB system update at launch + future updates + game updates. You will need an external hard drive. FAIL
- You cannot re-download your old WiiWare games straight onto your brand new Wii U, even if they are linked to your Club Nintendo account. You must transfer via USB to make them playable on your Wii U. So do not sell your old Wii if you want to re-download them. FAIL
- Non-existent marketing toward adult gamers. FAIL
- No system-wide achievements. Games may have achievements but there will be no total accumulation instead you can post your accomplishments on Miiverse... Fail?
- MiiVerse. Upcoming Video Game Social Networking. Posts will take up to 30 minutes to actually be posted after being processed by a human resource team paid by Nintendo. FAIL LOLOL "WE MUST REMOVE THEM DICK DRAWINGZ"
And about the Wii, it actually had a LOT of great exclusive games, that wasn't the problem. The problem was the hardware, online service, shitty WiiMote, achievements, third party games being inferior to 360/PS3.
Edit: Also Sony has a cross buy feature so you can buy a game once on PS/Vita and it's playable on each. Nintendo has no clue about this feature or its usefulness. FAIL
Sony also have regular updates that ages if you don't have Playstation Plus. Sony also removed backwards compatibility so they could sell older games on PSN. At least you can actually get old downloads on it. Wouldn't surprise me in age where they're discussing outing pre-owned gaming.
You can play games on the controller with the touch screen. That's was one of the 'big things'. I also doubt the 3DS could handle a game such as Mass Effect 3 so that's a pretty moot point.
Achievements? Video Game Social Networking? Pretty sad tbh. Couldn't care less about those things.
I own a PS3 and don't plan on getting a WiiU for a while but jesus..
The only thing I agree with you on is marketing and there's a lack of marketing as a whole (over here anyway). This post = FAIL
Why don't we wait til at least a year, when some of these big games are actually out (Zelda HD, WWHD, Mario HD, SSB etc) before we label the console a failure. People seem to forget most launches are lackluster in regards to big games. When I got my PS3 it came with Fifa and COD. They were pretty much the best games at that point.